Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

why dual CPU n not single

64026402:

I'll gladly accept any performance tips you could offer. With so many duallys, you must be well experienced with SMP under win2k/xp.
    AIM: Snooka75
    IRC: ETG / #curse
    Team «curse»

Re: why dual CPU n not single

Originally posted by Snooka
    64026402:

I'll gladly accept any performance tips you could offer. With so many duallys, you must be well experienced with SMP under win2k/xp.
    From a power standpoint I don't feel OCing is necessary but I OC my machines anyway for extra folding power.
    Since I have to modify my L5s on the XPs I close the L11 bridges to get max voltage so I can OC on the boards without the volt adjustment.

The Tyans OC easy with FSBCPU up to 150 mhz FSB. If you want more you can play with the multipliers on the chip. But if I didn't fold I wouldn't bother.

I like my Tyan boards but there have been some problems with the GF4 4600s and 4400s. The latest bios should have a fix from what I read. My GF3 ti500 works geat in games though.

The memory timings can be changed with software too but generally not necessary for normal use.

Games aren't why I use duals. I have noted that even mundane everyday chores go faster and smoother than even my P4 at 2.8g, so I got rid of the single machines.

Have fun

10 AMD duals,1 P3 dual, Donald

Red face why dual CPU n not single

64026402:

Thanks. Yeah, there isn't very much that i can do with this motherboard. I believe the ASUS version allows for better customization in the BIOS, but i'm not about to buy it for that sole reason.

I've fiddled with the external cpu frequency a bit with so-so results, but nothing to write home about. I've never had any problems with nvidia based GPUs, but i recently flashed to beta 1.03 so that i could use the 2600+ MPs. Regardless of what my gaming performance is, i'm happy with the hiccup-free operation of my dually.

Thanks again

Snooka
    AIM: Snooka75
    IRC: ETG / #curse
    Team «curse»