Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honda's "Cog" commercial

Check this out...craziness

It took 606 takes to get it right...so it's worth watching..

http://www.beam.tv/beamreels/beamreel.php?dzjgijxl

Click "Play Reel"

Requires QuickTime.

Alex

Hehe, that's pretty nifty. That's like the little systems I used to make as a child, only 1000x better than anything I ever made.

That's sweet! It looks like CGI in the middle though....

Originally posted by EtherGhost
    That's sweet! It looks like CGI in the middle though....
    Yeah, those tires rolling up the incline like that seems awkward, but it's still very cool.

Cool video, good post =)

It would seem someone beat you to this thread...

Clicky

Like I responded there... this idea was taken from a lil mini movie that did all this before.

As for the tire rolling up the hill... Thats not very hard to do, you find the heavy spot on the tire, and then place some weights on the inside... slightest touch will then make it roll right on over

Still very cool.
    I Never Use Signatures.

I'm thinking they used trial and error instead of using actual physics calculations. No wonder it took so many tries. Of course things can go wrong even when calculated, but still.

the speakers are DEFINITELY done in 3d... the tires look extremely 3d as well...

I'd say it was just a brilliant work of 3d... where did the 606 try's come from?
    barton 3000+, 8rda, 512 2700 samsung, evga6800GT, GTXP and delta66, 80gb wdse
    Arch Linux Homepage

LOL, tire might roll uphill if weighted on the right side? Pfft, I wouldn't buy a honda.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Originally posted by notdrugged
    LOL, tire might roll uphill if weighted on the right side? Pfft, I wouldn't buy a honda.
    So what do you want? A FORD?!! (AKA: Fix Often Repair Daily)

Originally posted by netracer
    So what do you want? A FORD?!! (AKA: Fix Often Repair Daily)
    I'd buy an older honda. Seen too many problems with the new ones. Seems like they're going through changes in technology now that are lending to bugs in the engine and drivetrain. Damn. I hate that. Stupid ricers.

Plus they are very expensive maintenance. But I could just buy a used one to avoid that.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Originally posted by notdrugged
    I'd buy an older honda. Seen too many problems with the new ones. Seems like they're going through changes in technology now that are lending to bugs in the engine and drivetrain. Damn. I hate that. Stupid ricers.

Plus they are very expensive maintenance. But I could just buy a used one to avoid that.
    I like the new hondas, but my favorite has to be aroun 2001 's model. I dunno, the one in the commercial is not very appealing. And I hate ricers!

Honda motors aren't too good for daily/stop and go driving because they are designed as HP motors. There's more emphasis on high end HP instead of low end torque where it really counts for a daily driver. HP motors are fine when you're racing and keeping the RPMs real high but for stop-n-go driving it stinks. I use to drive a Honda Prelude and I had to rev that thing to 3-3.5K RPMs before the shift point to move anywhere. Otherwise I would move like a turtle. In contrast, I can do the same with my Toyota Camry 4 cylinder with shift points at 2-2.5 K RPMs.

Just my opinion

I wouldn't buy a Passport or Odyssey either. That's my little secret. Those are the junkiest ones Honda makes.

Originally posted by wakiz
    Honda motors aren't too good for daily/stop and go driving because they are designed as HP motors. There's more emphasis on high end HP instead of low end torque where it really counts for a daily driver. HP motors are fine when you're racing and keeping the RPMs real high but for stop-n-go driving it stinks. I use to drive a Honda Prelude and I had to rev that thing to 3-3.5K RPMs before the shift point to move anywhere. Otherwise I would move like a turtle. In contrast, I can do the same with my Toyota Camry 4 cylinder with shift points at 2-2.5 K RPMs.

Just my opinion
    It does seem like that with the older ones, but consider the 240HP six speed Accord....