For those of you who have been waiting SO LONG for this, we figured it's time that we put you out of your misery....... We're changing lots of things for the tournament this time around. Game, game type, prizes.... yes, you heard me.... prizes (correction: no prizes )
This time around the game is America's Army: Operations. For those of you how have been living under a rock for the last 6 months, this is a game designed by the American Army as a recruiting tool and is available as a FREE download, so there are absolutely ZERO excuses for not getting involved. I can also send a CD to you if necessary, or you can get the CD for free from your local recruiting office.
For those of you who don't yet have the game, check out the entry in the Game FAQs for downloads and other interesting stuff Check out the official manual from americasarmy.com so you can get some idea of what the game is all about.
As before, those who want to get involved will be organised into teams. Each team will play the other teams in a league and the top two teams will play each other in a final.
In case you didn't know, all missions in AA are objective based. Each match will require both teams to act in both attacking and defending roles and the overall result will be based on the number of map wins. In the event of a draw, the teams will go into a training map (Fort Makenna MOUT) and the winner of that map will take the match. The full map list to be used is listed below.
The teams will be selected on the basis of the decisions of the organisers, using our knowledge of your game playing abilities together with the results of your basic training. Please make a note of your final score in the marksman training and the time left on the clock at the end of the obstacle course. Also, ensure that you complete both basic training and the airborne training since we expect at least some maps to be taken from the Airborne and Ranger tours of duty.
So, all those who want in..... tell us in here
We'll be drawing the teams in the last week of May. Then there'll be 2 weeks for teams to practice and discuss tactics before we start playing
- Brain_Biter (sniper)
- coolme (sniper)
- danny5 (maybe)
- freezepc (sniper)
- kamikazee (sniper)
- modru2004 (sniper)
- RedBox (sniper)
- Stevil Knevil
- zed88 (sniper)
- Bridge_SE IN This map is just plain fun.
- FLS OUT Limited to 4 defence.
- HQ_Raid IN Very exposed objective.
- Insurgent_Camp OUT Can have lag issues on 56k. Tough to defend.
- JRTC_Farm OUT Similar to HQ_Raid. Single exposed objective.
- Mountain_Ambush IN 3 objective points for defence.
- Mountain_Pass IN Relys heavily on sniping.
- MOUT_McKenna IN Tie-breaker. Both teams have same objective.
- Pipeline OUT Objective choice makes defense difficult.
- Radio_Tower OUT Can get laggy. Big map. Several objectives and multiple attack paths.
- River_Basin OUT Can get laggy.
- Tunnel OUT Easy to defend. Single extraction point.
- Swamp_Raid OUT Similar to HQ_Raid.
- Weapons_Cache_SE IN Close quarter fighting in warehouses.