Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Talking Finally.... the 2nd FF Tournament is here

For those of you who have been waiting SO LONG for this, we figured it's time that we put you out of your misery....... We're changing lots of things for the tournament this time around. Game, game type, prizes.... yes, you heard me.... prizes (correction: no prizes )

This time around the game is America's Army: Operations. For those of you how have been living under a rock for the last 6 months, this is a game designed by the American Army as a recruiting tool and is available as a FREE download, so there are absolutely ZERO excuses for not getting involved. I can also send a CD to you if necessary, or you can get the CD for free from your local recruiting office.

For those of you who don't yet have the game, check out the entry in the Game FAQs for downloads and other interesting stuff Check out the official manual from americasarmy.com so you can get some idea of what the game is all about.

As before, those who want to get involved will be organised into teams. Each team will play the other teams in a league and the top two teams will play each other in a final.

In case you didn't know, all missions in AA are objective based. Each match will require both teams to act in both attacking and defending roles and the overall result will be based on the number of map wins. In the event of a draw, the teams will go into a training map (Fort Makenna MOUT) and the winner of that map will take the match. The full map list to be used is listed below.

The teams will be selected on the basis of the decisions of the organisers, using our knowledge of your game playing abilities together with the results of your basic training. Please make a note of your final score in the marksman training and the time left on the clock at the end of the obstacle course. Also, ensure that you complete both basic training and the airborne training since we expect at least some maps to be taken from the Airborne and Ranger tours of duty.

So, all those who want in..... tell us in here

We'll be drawing the teams in the last week of May. Then there'll be 2 weeks for teams to practice and discuss tactics before we start playing

Current participants:
    1. beatendown
    2. Brain_Biter (sniper)
    3. coolme (sniper)
    4. danny5 (maybe)
    5. DeadlyPackage
    6. Eldest_One
    7. freezepc (sniper)
    8. fuzzyuu
    9. j1mb0b
    10. Jerky
    11. jrmillerUT
    12. kamikazee (sniper)
    13. Krueger81
    14. Lenny
    15. modru2004 (sniper)
    16. NewbiePCbldr
    17. Orion323
    18. pacmanfan
    19. RavenTai
    20. RedBox (sniper)
    21. rustyf50
    22. Stevil Knevil
    23. Titanman
    24. troostj
    25. wb22rules
    26. xinco
    27. zed88 (sniper)

Map List:
    Code:
    • Bridge_SE IN This map is just plain fun.
    • FLS OUT Limited to 4 defence.
    • HQ_Raid IN Very exposed objective.
    • Insurgent_Camp OUT Can have lag issues on 56k. Tough to defend.
    • JRTC_Farm OUT Similar to HQ_Raid. Single exposed objective.
    • Mountain_Ambush IN 3 objective points for defence.
    • Mountain_Pass IN Relys heavily on sniping.
    • MOUT_McKenna IN Tie-breaker. Both teams have same objective.
    • Pipeline OUT Objective choice makes defense difficult.
    • Radio_Tower OUT Can get laggy. Big map. Several objectives and multiple attack paths.
    • River_Basin OUT Can get laggy.
    • Tunnel OUT Easy to defend. Single extraction point.
    • Swamp_Raid OUT Similar to HQ_Raid.
    • Weapons_Cache_SE IN Close quarter fighting in warehouses.
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 05-30-2003 at 05:16 PM.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

Sounds fun. I hate that I missed the UT2k3 tournament due to my lack of not owning the game, but this my opportunity to redeem myself!

But, alas, I still have 12 pages of notes to type. I'm glad my finals are over tomorrow.

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by DeadlyPackage
    Sounds fun. I hate that I missed the UT2k3 tournament due to my lack of not owning the game, but this my opportunity to redeem myself!

But, alas, I still have 12 pages of notes to type. I'm glad my finals are over tomorrow.
    Yeah, that's part of the reason why we figured we'd go with AA this time around... no excuses for not being there.

Just an FYI, the tournament will be starting in a couple of weeks, so unless you're a really slow writer, you should be good for the tourney

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Im not a Fregging Frog.. but it would be cool to join a game with you guys! you could setup a paypal account.. and people could contribute 5to the cause..

etc etc

keep us posted.

adios
    Desktop:
    Cooler Master Wave Master Black Case
    Barton 2500XP Stock
    ASUS A7N8X Dlx Rev2.0 BIOS1007
    CORSAIR 3200XMSLL 2x256 TWINX DIMMS + 1x512MB 333MHZ Running DUAL
    Thermalright 800SLKu w/Thermaltake SFII + ASII
    ASUS 9800pro 256MB VIVO (4.3 Cats)
    Antec 300W
    37 Gig Raptor Drive
    160 Gig Toshiba Drive
    Lite-on Double Layer DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW
    19" Viewsonic PF790 Flat Display
    Klipsch 4.1 Surround Speakers
    ACT Labs RS Wheel, Pedals + Shifter
    Logitech MX510

Laptop:
    IBM t42, 14.1" SXGA, 64MB 9600, Centrino 1.7Ghz, 768MB mem, 40Gig Drv, Win XP pro

jim,

I guess it was worth the wait...

Yeah, I just brought up the notes cause it's driving me crazy. I've been typing since I woke up.

GAH!

I'm in , good choice on game also...............

Originally posted by troostj
    Im not a Fregging Frog.. but it would be cool to join a game with you guys! you could setup a paypal account.. and people could contribute 5to the cause..
    It's easy to join... just follow the link in my siggy. And yeah, it'll be by paypal with the option for check / cash by snail mail for those that don't trust 'em

Originally posted by Krueger81
    I guess it was worth the wait...
    What do you mean, you guess it was worth the wait.... it's gonna be awesome

My rigs My Games

nice.. got the sig down..

I'll send you the email thru my home email later on the week!(when I get my computer up and running)

Later
    Desktop:
    Cooler Master Wave Master Black Case
    Barton 2500XP Stock
    ASUS A7N8X Dlx Rev2.0 BIOS1007
    CORSAIR 3200XMSLL 2x256 TWINX DIMMS + 1x512MB 333MHZ Running DUAL
    Thermalright 800SLKu w/Thermaltake SFII + ASII
    ASUS 9800pro 256MB VIVO (4.3 Cats)
    Antec 300W
    37 Gig Raptor Drive
    160 Gig Toshiba Drive
    Lite-on Double Layer DVD-R/RW CD-R/RW
    19" Viewsonic PF790 Flat Display
    Klipsch 4.1 Surround Speakers
    ACT Labs RS Wheel, Pedals + Shifter
    Logitech MX510

Laptop:
    IBM t42, 14.1" SXGA, 64MB 9600, Centrino 1.7Ghz, 768MB mem, 40Gig Drv, Win XP pro

I'm a total beginner at AA but sign me up anyway. I'll learn as I go
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Originally posted by Lenny
    I'm a total beginner at AA but sign me up anyway. I'll learn as I go
    That's part of the beauty of this tourney. Very few Frogs play AA, so we're all going to be learning

Incidentally, I'm going to start putting a list of signees in the first post to help keep track of who's in.

My rigs My Games

never was a big fan of AA (the training junk ticks me off...) anyways...

I think I'll play Lemme know where to send the 5 bucks to jimbob...

As long as it starts AFTER May 15 I'm in....
    barton 3000+, 8rda, 512 2700 samsung, evga6800GT, GTXP and delta66, 80gb wdse
    Arch Linux Homepage

Originally posted by jrmillerUT
    never was a big fan of AA (the training junk ticks me off...) anyways...

I think I'll play Lemme know where to send the 5 bucks to jimbob...

As long as it starts AFTER May 15 I'm in....
    Don't worry, it'll definitely by after May 15. That's only 10 days away. We'll probably be starting after Memorial Day to give everyone a chance to download / install / tweak and play a bit.

Glad to see you joining us James. And don't worry about the training, it really only takes about 1 hour, and just think of it as being the same as the training missions you get on most FPSs.

My rigs My Games

sounds like a plan!

I think the reason I didn't like it was that I could never get to be a sniper... Cause I'd always miss one target or whatever with the silly m4 or m16...
    barton 3000+, 8rda, 512 2700 samsung, evga6800GT, GTXP and delta66, 80gb wdse
    Arch Linux Homepage

I'm in.

Also if anyone in the UK wants to play but can't get the download let me know and I can send out a CD.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid things in large numbers' - Serious Sam