Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by j1mb0b
    The manual is definitely over 10MB.... I know 'cos I tried to host it on my ISP's FTP. Even zipped it wouldn't fit. And yeah, it really is a great manual.

RB. If you can't remember, then just go back and do them again.

Incidentally, you don't have to do any on-line stuff to finish training. Once you have completed the firing range, you get the obstacle course, then you have to complete the weapons training, then the urban assualt course where you shoot at wooden cut-outs. At this time the infantry maps become available, as does the airborne training. I suggest you go straight through the airborne training to get access to all maps

Oh, and my training scores...

Marksman training.... 35 hits (dang, one off advanced marksman training)
    Obstacle course.... 33 seconds remaining.

awe man I am forced to work through tours as my Airborne is not available till I complete all before it!

great fun though

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    oh, and I got the manual from 3D Gamers. Not sure, but I think it's for V1.5 too. Why it's bigger, I have no idea

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

I dunno what version this is but it is what I took down today

http://users.pandora.be/kiasquad/

Just different versions. On the cover page of yours at the bottom it says copyright 2002. The one I got from americasarmy.com says copyright 2003. This one has more pages and smaller in size.

Guess they should think about numbering their manuals.

RedBox
    Games I play

Originally posted by RedBox
    Just different versions. On the cover page of yours at the bottom it says copyright 2002. The one I got from americasarmy.com says copyright 2003. This one has more pages and smaller in size.

Guess they should think about numbering their manuals.

RedBox
    I want your one then

It will no doubt talk about POW Rescue and not HQ Raid lol

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    I've changed the link in the original post to reflect the official download location. The manual is slightly larger than the one I had..... 222 pages vs 180ish

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

OK. I thought I'd give you lot a quick run down on some of the stuff I have found so far in AA. A lot of it you'll get from basic training, but some of it is not covered there.

Movement
    You have the normal forward / backwards / straffing that you have in all FPSs.
    C toggles crouch position. You move slower and quieter, but your shots are more accurate and of course you are harder to see and hit
    X toggles prone position. You move even slower, cannot shoot while moving, but when still your shots are very accurate.
    Double hitting W (forward) by pressing it and pressing and holding it down puts you into a sprint. You cannot fire, but you move fast.
    While sprinting, hitting X makes you dive into the prone position.
    You can lean using the , and . keys by deafult. If you lean while prone, you will execute a roll.
    Don't forget your accuracy meter on the bottom right of the screen. when moving, it will be low (=low accuracy) and it takes some time to recover once you stop moving.... especially after sprinting.

Weapons etc
    By default, you only carry a single weapon. you can pick up another weapon which you sling on your unused shoulder. However, when caryying 2 weapons you cannot use grenades, you have to drop one first (backspace).
    Z will zoom the weapon.
    R to reload.
    F to fix a jam.
    B to use binoculars (for squad and fire leaders only)
    N for night vision goggles.

Communication
    Communication is key in AA. By default you will be using the radio... shown by a radio icon in the top left.
    Pressing G will change the communication device. It will cycle between radio (only your team will see your chat), whisper (only folks near you will hear), shout (longer range than whisper) and global (all players on both forces will hear you).
    There are a standard set of commands that will be listed when you first select the communication type (you can press 0 for more selections), or you can press T to chat using the current communication means, or Y for team chat (I think this will work whatever your communication is set to).
    You can report your position quickly by pressing U.

Game status
    Between map changes, you will be put on the menu page until the next one is loaded.
    To see the current player stats, hit F1.
    You can change preferred class using F2.
    You can change teams using F3.
    You can toggle the objectives using F4.

I'll throw this lot into a new thread when the tourney actually starts and add to it as folks give me more stuff.

My rigs My Games

hmmmm.... this thread has gone quiet. We need more players. Is the $5 scaring anyone away? Let us know if you want to play the tourney but don't want to pay $5. Nothing's finalized yet, we are still open to dropping the prizes if it means we get more players.

My rigs My Games

Ok count me in!
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

Originally posted by Eldest_One
    Ok count me in!
    Is that because you think you're going to get in for free?

My rigs My Games

Is that because you think you're going to get in for free?
    Shhh I thought that the fact that the Mods got in for free was supposed to be a secret? Now you have gone and done it.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

hmmmm.... this thread has gone quiet. We need more players. Is the $5 scaring anyone away? Let us know if you want to play the tourney but don't want to pay $5. Nothing's finalized yet, we are still open to dropping the prizes if it means we get more players.
    The $5 is a great idea, but I'm not sure if T-Shirts are the most favorable prizes... Then again, I can't think of anything cheaper, really.
    I live by cost/benefit. You call me cheap but I think of myself as thrifty.

Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA+Pentium D 805 @3.67, (2)Asrock K7V3M+Duron @166x6

"We must become the change we wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

Originally posted by Eldest_One
    Shhh I thought that the fact that the Mods got in for free was supposed to be a secret? Now you have gone and done it.
    LOL.... you think I should delete that post and hope nobody saw it?

My rigs My Games

Maybe we could pick up a few sponsors?
    I live by cost/benefit. You call me cheap but I think of myself as thrifty.

Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA+Pentium D 805 @3.67, (2)Asrock K7V3M+Duron @166x6

"We must become the change we wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

Originally posted by freezepc
    The $5 is a great idea, but I'm not sure if T-Shirts are the most favorable prizes... Then again, I can't think of anything cheaper, really.
    I think that if you can find something else in here of a similar value, Ryan would probably be amenable to shipping that instead I'll get that confirmed though.

My rigs My Games