Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Troll

I should have posted this earlier, but I was trying to give this troll a second chance to redeem himself...

Well after nearly 2 months, I've concluded I've been trolled out of $200 for a radeon 9700 pro card that the seller had no intention of shipping (probably doesn't even own one). Here is his personal details and all emails he may possibly use. I blame myself as I did not follow the simply rules of smart trading!!!

Troll name: Robert Gabinet
    address: Calgary, Alberta
    tel: ***-***-2555
    email address: rgabby@telus.net (also uses rhernandez69@hotmail.com and davefits@hotmail.com)

Back in late March, he posted in hot deals offering to sell an ati radeon 9700 pro using the rhernandez69@hotmail.com. I emailed him, spoke with on the phone, and went ahead with the deal making a paypal payment to him for $200.

In early April, I complain that the card hasn't arrived to which he replies that he made a mistake and accidentally sent it to a wrong person. We made arrangements for this third person to send the card on to me. By late april, card still hasn' arrived. After I pressure him for contact info on this third person, I am given a hotmail address davefits@hotmail.com. I exchange emails with this "person" who now claims Rob is f@cking him on another deal and is holding the video card. But then asks for me to pay him $100 and he will send it to me. I then did an IP check on this hotmail email, it is the identical IP addressed used by rgabby@telus.net. I have gotten paypal involved as most of the payment was made by my credit card and he had to register his credit card to accept my payment. He then told paypal and myself he would send a money order by canadian express mail at the end of April. He sent me and paypal a bogus tracking number. I've been away traveling for past 3 weeks and I just got back and nothing has arrived and the tracking number still doesn't register on Canada Post's site. I spoke to him today, and he keeps claiming that the money order was sent.
    Last edited by Tigsman; 05-16-2003 at 06:00 PM.

MOD Edited: Please keep the address and phone number for your records to be passed on to www.trollhunters.com, but dont post them here again please.

T

#1, did this 'deal' occur here?

#2, what was his username here at amdmb.com?

T

Tigsman,

1. Yes he posted here on amdforum's hot deal. But the post was deleted the same day either by the seller or by a moderator.
    2. I believe he used the rhernandez69@hotmail.com addy.

edit: sorry tigs about posting the personal info here

gl on catching this guy
    Heatware I'm PayPal Verified

Well I'll be d@mned... yup that's him.

Now would anyone in the Calgary area like to make some money?... if he doesn't pony up soon, I'm likely to make a contract out for his kneecaps...

Originally posted by pakman
    Well I'll be d@mned... yup that's him.

Now would anyone in the Calgary area like to make some money?... if he doesn't pony up soon, I'm likely to make a contract out for his kneecaps...
    ouch
    lol
    Perhaps the 200 bucks you will reclaim would be worth the plane ticket?? Ya might break even, but it sure would be satisfying.

Go to the inner city, where I live around the DC you can get a 9mili for $25 on the streets get yourself some cheap tickets to Calgary and pay him a visit. Once he sees you 9 he'll be scared ****less and give you back your card. Feel free to take any of his other stuff that you like.
    Athlon XP 2600@2.34Ghz
    Asus A7V8X
    512mb Corsair PC3200 DDR
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Pioneer Slot load DVD
    Plextor 12/12/48
    2xWD RAID 0
    SB Audigy
    5.1 speakers w/receiver
    19 in Sony flatscreen trinitron
    Antec workstation case

no...

please..

I just sent this guy 70$ for an athlon a while back

it seemed to have been lost in the mail...

he said he would send a refund but i doubt it.

**** what should i do?

contact the calgary police service...

this is one of the southwest calgary district offices.

you may want to try the email too, but if you really want to try to get this guy or your stuff, contact by phone. tomas, if both you and pac file a complaint..it's much more likely to get you some action.

cps@calgarypolice.ca

4506 - 17 Avenue S.W.
    T3E 7B9
    (403) 249-7701
    Hours:
    Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Sat. and Sun. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Thomas,

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like the same scam he is trying to use on me. lost in the mail... first the vid card and then the reimbursement money order...

email me all the personal info you have on this guy so that I can cross check it against what I have. I've got an address but have no idea how to verify it in Canada. Phone number is legit as he answers. Appears he is not listed in the Canadian white pages, or at least the address I have.

Terry - thanks for the contact info to the local Calgary police. I will email you his full details shortly so that this gets posted on trollhunters.com site.

i pmed you the info I have..

probably the same as yours though.

I also checked up on his name and cant find anything.

can you send me his phone number? or is it a cell number or something?

thanks

WoW!!
    This is really ironic!!

This guy actually bought some memory from not too long ago.

He paid up front, and even informed me as to when the items arrived to him.
    He ended up leaving me Good Heatware.
    Of course, I returned the Heat as well.

I wonder what happened fro him to turn troll??

This is bad news!!!

what is his heatware account so I can leave him a negative eval...

i think he gave it to me before but i must have lost it.

thanks