Question need help in OCing :) (r9500@9700pro's speed)

is it just as simple as

getting a zalman heatpipe cooler, some ramsinks and thermal adhensive/grease with a radclocker/powerstrip n increase VDD (1.5V@1.7V)

than test with 3dmark2003 n 3dmark2001 once/twice than clock until the spped it doesnt work than lower it by 10-15MHz n try to loop the test 5-7 times n use it for 2 weeks..

if it work than reflash the BIOS with that speed

---------------------------------

of thats the case, why do ppl need peltier/prometia n Voltage mod for their cards?

-----------------------------------

also.. give me some tips

hey !nfineon...
    1. is your 9500 a np or pro?
    getting a zalman heatpipe cooler, some ramsinks and thermal adhensive/grease with a radclocker/powerstrip n increase VDD (1.5V@1.7V)
    Zalman Heatpipe cooler is for "Quiet" cooling... it will do the job all right but NOT as good as Active cooling (with fan)... so it will limit your OC'ing... for Thermal Adhensive.. suggest Artic Silver Thermal Epoxy... I myself use Rage3DTweak.. but Radclocker or Powerstrip is not bad too.... sure... increase VDD to 1.7v will help...
    than test with 3dmark2003 n 3dmark2001 once/twice than clock until the spped it doesnt work than lower it by 10-15MHz n try to loop the test 5-7 times n use it for 2 weeks..
    lower by 10-15MHz is too much.... depends how much you increase the Core/Mem speed which time... i will lower 1-3MHz each time if artifacts started to show....
    5-7times is ok... but I will go for at least 10-20times loop (do it when you are not home)... and play some decent games @ "high quality" setting for like an hr or two.... nothing happen means it's stable...
    of thats the case, why do ppl need peltier/prometia n Voltage mod for their cards?
    Have you see the temp of VPU for those who use Peltier/Prometia? It's ALWAYS in Negative (e.g -15C?)... Active Cooling or H20 Cooling simply won't do it.... and with the temp THAT low.. you can OC much Crazier~!!!
    My ReBorn Rig
    Case: Lian-Li PC65
    Case Cooling:Intake: 4 Intake.... 3 Exhaust
    Mobo: Abit NF7-S 2.0
    CPU: AMD AthlonXP T-Bred B 1700+ (0310WPMW) @ 2.35GHz (10 X 235) @ 1.76v
    CPU Cooling: Thermalright AX-7 / Panaflow H1A with AS3
    RAM: TwinMOS PC3200 256MB X 2 CL2.5 running @ Dual Channel
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800Pro@ 436/384
    3DMark2001: 18278
    Temp Idle / Full Load: Case=25C / 27C ... CPU=42C / 47C...

Heatware: chuson1
    E-mail: E-mail me