Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Tkon
    It wasn't hard, I just typed what OldFrog said, and clicked a button to recompile the kernel. A trained frog could have done it just as easily... oh wait, I did do it
    Uh, Hoh, Ned said it I didn't (I don't use xconfig )
    Glad it worked anyway .

Originally posted by OldFrog
    Uh, Hoh, Ned said it I didn't (I don't use xconfig )
    Glad it worked anyway .
    It was the uname command I needed
    Hubris had already told me about top a few months ago, but Ned's help was really appreciated nevertheless, and he was correct about recompiling the kernel.
    MSI RS480M2 MB | 4000+ A64 | Arctic Silver II | OCZ ModStream PS | 1 GB OCZ Ultra High Perf Dual Channel RAM | Win XP SP2 | Two 160 GB SATA Drives in Raid 0 | HP 6200C SCSI Scanner | Hyundai 17" LCD Monitor | DVD+/-RW | Falcon NW Fragbox II Case |

Hey, don't thank me, I'm a total newbie when it comes to linux. I just said what OldFrog would have said if he wasn't such a command-line guru and used xconfig like mere mortals do

Was a lucky guess

Ned

Sadly with my duallie server still down awaiting RMA of the mobo and with my selling the bootfloppy cruncher, my place is currently a penguin-free zone Hopefuly this will be remedied soon. I've had 3 processors sitting idle on my desk for a couple months now, for about 4ghz of power!

Glad you got everything going. I really wish the linux native client wasn't so damn slow! In my testing the I686 client took 3:29 average over about 15 units, while the exact same system running XP took 3:03. Hopefully for the next project they'll compile a better Linux client.

Originally posted by Hubris
    I really wish the linux native client wasn't so damn slow! In my testing the I686 client took 3:29 average over about 15 units, while the exact same system running XP took 3:03. Hopefully for the next project they'll compile a better Linux client.
    I definitely can agree with this comment. My dually Linux box is averaging 4:29 over 10 units. It was almost a 4:00 machine with Win2K.
    MSI RS480M2 MB | 4000+ A64 | Arctic Silver II | OCZ ModStream PS | 1 GB OCZ Ultra High Perf Dual Channel RAM | Win XP SP2 | Two 160 GB SATA Drives in Raid 0 | HP 6200C SCSI Scanner | Hyundai 17" LCD Monitor | DVD+/-RW | Falcon NW Fragbox II Case |

My A7M266-D + 2 x MP2100+ average is 4h10 / wu.

The Linux client has almost the same code as the NTCL one, I think it's related to the flacky gcc 2.95.2 they used to compile it.