Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Best of luck Ned! My thoughts and prayers are with you and the Mrs.

My very best good vibrations aimed directly at Mrs. Ned (and my second best to you, brother); may you both see this through successfully and the road to full recovery be short and sweet.
    Jack Kevorkian for White House Physician.

"Whatever crushes individuality is despotism, by whatever name it may be called and whether it professes to be enforcing the will of God or the injunctions of men."

John Stuart Mill

DFI Ultra Infinity II | XP 2600+ @ 210 x 10 x 1.75 | Stock AMD Cooling | 2x 256MB TwinMos PC3200/CH-5 @ 2.8v | Maxtor 40G ATA100 | PNY GF4 4200/128 Stock | LiteOn DVD| LiteOn 52x Burner | Chieftec Black Mini-Tower/Deer 400W | XP Pro SP1 | 2-17 Alpha

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    OOOF! That should definitely be your top priority Mr. Slider! If there is a need to turn the Prayers up a notch, please do not feel shy about giving us a chance to help!

We will be here 'nStuff. Be Well.

Thanks for all the kind words folks

I'll pass them on to Mrs Slider. I'm sure all will work out fine, but it's still a worrying time for us. The Doctors tell us that Mrs Slider should be good as new in about a month. In the meantime, I'm gonna be a little busier at home than I normally am. Now, does anyone no how to work an iron (clothes variety, not the golfing variety )

You guys really are the best.

Ned

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!
    Originally posted by Ned Slider

Now, does anyone no how to work an iron (clothes variety, not the golfing variety )

well, its got to be similar to operating and building a computer!

first, you plug it in! DOH!

the you boot it up by turning the on/off switch to on.

once you boot it, you must wait a couple minutes before it boots!

careful not to touch the bottom of the iron, its very similar to sticking your finger in a delta fan! (who needs fan guards! )

last tip, if you clothes start smoking, or get burn holes, this is very similar to having a bad cdrw burn, as the final product will be useless, except for a coaster, or wax buffing rag! (wax on, wax off! )

hey ned, if you need anymore advice on an iron, just let me know!

as you can see, i am very well versed!

HECK, I PROBABLY COULDNT EVEN FIND THE IRON!

Do as I do when wife and kids are away for vacations : wine and feed your neighbour's wife

Don't forget the distilled water and water-wetter in your iron!

I hope for a successful operation and a speedy recovery, Ned.

The above only applies if you have a Water-cooled Iron... if you do not, then you'll need to UPGRADE!!!

Also, remember that 'Overclocking' your iron leads to corruption of the Fabric Data... avoid it unless you are willing to run the inherent risks! It is not manufacturer supported... but if you DO customize your ironing rig, send us some Pics!

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff
    The above only applies if you have a Water-cooled Iron... if you do not, then you'll need to UPGRADE!!!

Also, remember that 'Overclocking' your iron leads to corruption of the Fabric Data... avoid it unless you are willing to run the inherent risks! It is not manufacturer supported... but if you DO customize your ironing rig, send us some Pics!

Originally posted by Ned Slider
    Don't do that in the Hospital... I've heard stories about how they deal with that type of person 'nStuff!

Off to work with me. Have a good one, Sir!

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff
    Off to work with me. Have a good one, Sir!
    You too Fluff

I can understand what you are going through, Ned, and I feel for you.

My wife is having one of those routine yet complicated surguries in June ... they expect about an eight week and fairly difficult recovery ... even though I know my wife has the best care, I still am dreadfully worried, as I am sure you are. I have made plans to be a stay-at-home dad during her recovery and have hired a full time nanny / maid. My attitude is to make her recovery time go as well as it can go during a difficult time.

I wish you and you wife the best of luck ... I'll be right there with you.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!
    Originally posted by drboogie
    I wish you and you wife the best of luck ... I'll be right there with you.
    the pond will be there for both of ya's!

we sometimes are a bit offstandish, but we are there for all who seek encoragement, or knowledge.

may the power of the frogs and the pond, be with all those in need, and comfort those who need comfort!

your seti friends are pullin for you guys, and WILL be here if you need us!

Originally posted by OldFrog
    Do as I do when wife and kids are away for vacations : wine and feed your neighbour's wife
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

Sorry man. Ive just received word that in a couple of weeks we can do a little something round here. And for Taz also. Not huge but its up to you guys. JimZ