Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KDE 3.1.2 Released

Windows at work, because I HAVE to.
    Linux at home, because I WANT to.

Is it possible to just update your current version or do you allways need to dnl and compile the whole thing?

Running MDK9.1. Saw RPMs for RH and SuSE, maybe its time to switch.

Check cooker, its probably in there. Perhaps Textar has them made already too.
    i code therefore i am

Originally posted by Eggs
    Check cooker, its probably in there. Perhaps Textar has them made already too.
    Textstar is in a trouble for now, as ibiblio.org had some SCSI drives broken, and the restore of ftp servers is not ocmpleted yet. And mirrors are not quite up todate (Borg lost almost all his stuff from the last 3 months).

ABout cooker, it's still on an April 30th 3.1.1 build.
    Remember Mandrake tweaks a bit the menus and settings so that menus updates are exported to all guis. Give them a week

Didnt feel like waiting

Fighting it out with Konstruct now.

Fighting is tthe keyword...

I get this error "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!".

I have qt 3.1.2 installed, with threading support (and all the paths in my bash profile). I get this even if I let konstruct dnl qt for me.

Ideas?
    Last edited by bonso; 05-20-2003 at 03:27 PM.

Originally posted by bonso
    Didnt feel like waiting

Fighting it out with Konstruct now.

Fighting is tthe keyword...

I get this error "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!".

I have qt 3.1.2 installed, with threading support (and all the paths in my bash profile). I get this even if I let konstruct dnl qt for me.

Ideas?
    When you build from source, you must
    set the QTDIR environment variable
    to where QT lives (e.g: /usr/qt).
    Windows at work, because I HAVE to.
    Linux at home, because I WANT to.

Did that, no go. Turns out the prob (atleast I think so) was that konstruct didnt make the kde3.1.2 folder, when I made it myself it worked. Up to the point where it cant find pcre even though thats installed to, even the devel rpm...

A few reboots fixed it, now I got a working (most parts) KDE 3.1.2 installation.
    Last edited by bonso; 05-21-2003 at 04:46 AM.

Actually, Texstar has them (See this post

Just need to wait until ibiblio.org is back in rw mode for its users. Still a nogo.

For the sake of my curiosity I'll bounce back to my first question.

I did an emerge -u world last night and it is still compiling so I don't know when I will have it. But that emerge -u world had alot of other crap too.

Sup all,

I have also been trying to install kde3.1.2 on my debian system. Yeah Im new to this as well so Im having some trouble. I heard and so far like the debian .deb packages. But Im having a tough time d/l 3.1.2. When I use apt-get it just d/l kde 2 again but since I have it, nothing is d/led. Is there a way for me to use apt-get for kde3.1.2? Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by radioact1ve
    Sup all,

I have also been trying to install kde3.1.2 on my debian system. Yeah Im new to this as well so Im having some trouble. I heard and so far like the debian .deb packages. But Im having a tough time d/l 3.1.2. When I use apt-get it just d/l kde 2 again but since I have it, nothing is d/led. Is there a way for me to use apt-get for kde3.1.2? Thanks for your help!
    KDE 3 won't be added to stable for quite sometime, I don't think its even in testing yet, but KDE has set up their own apt repository that you can get it from and it should work fine.

Add this line to the top of /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.2/Debian stable main

then do apt-get update then apt-get install kdebase kdelibs arts (and other things if you need them.
    i code therefore i am

w0000t! alright! It worked. Man everything went smoothly. I am shocked! 3.1.2 What an improvement! Thanks for everything Eggs!

improvements? where do you see improvements? I installed over redhat 9, and see nothing. NOTHING. different as opposed to whatever KDE redhat 9 comes with.

Navi: (Desktop) Antec Aria | MSI K8TM-ILSR | Athlon 64 3200+ | 2x 512 MB PC3200 | 80GB Seagate SATA | NEC 8x DVD-RW/DL | GF5600 Ultra 256MB | XP Pro/64 | Yoper Linux
    Sellout: (File Server) VIA C3 1.3GHz | 512MB PC2700 | 300+ GB Storage | Gentoo Linux, 2.6.8.1 kernel

You may or may not have noticed that you are running different dists and that radioact1ve never stated the previous version of KDE used.

RH9 probably comes with KDE 3.1, if so these links might be of interest:

Changes 3.1 -> 3.1.1

Changes 3.1.1 -> 3.1.2
    Last edited by bonso; 05-23-2003 at 04:19 PM.