Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by AndyR
    I have noticed on ebay, products like a 2400+ at 9.99 buy now. But with 75 postage and packing. Obviously not a weight issue. But what are they getting away with here. Is it ebay fees, insurances, or just keen marketing??????
    If I ever saw a scam like that, I'd probably report it to Ebay. I hate it when people try to pull a fast one like that.

I would file a claim with the shipping company IMEDIATELY. They are responxible for any damage to shipped goods. Call them and ask about filing a claim ,but don't wait to long. BD51
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Re: Help Please. Item Damaged In Shipping. Not Happy

Originally posted by fuzzyuu
    So I purchased a Sony G400 on ebay. I got it for a song. $51. Now, I the guys said it would be $75 for shipping. I told him no way, UPS was only $34. He said he wanted $30 to make SURE that is was packed okay. I gave in and said fine. Then he writes me and says it was sent Fedex Ground, which I know is much cheaper than UPS (that includes service too.) Not only was it NOT packed well, AND it was damaged pretty bad. I'm gonna post some pictures soon. I would appreciate some advice because I have NOT yet had this happen to me. Personally, I would like the monitor checked out and the plastics replaced that were damaged.
    Fuzz,

I said your best chance to get some money back would be from Fed-Ex, but a long shot. Did you keep the shipping box ? If you did, check the box outside for damage or tear (no one should accept a damaged box). If the box looked fine then I do not think you have a case with Fed-Ex. But give them a call, file a claim anyway. Maybe you will be reimbursed, who knows? Good Luck!
    --------------------
    Leadtek K7NCR18D Pro2 DL
    Athlon XP 2600+
    Alpha PAL8045 w/Panaflow 80mm M
    512mb Corsair PC3200 DDR Dual Ch
    ATI 9500 Pro
    IBM/Hitachi 30GB IDE x 2
    Hitachi 120GB Sata
    SoundBlaster Live! OEM
    Toshiba 16X DVD
    HP 8200i CD-RW
    Lian-Li PC60
    WinXP Pro SP1
    -------------------

Thanks for all of the input guys. I'm in communication with the seller of the monitor. As far as I can tell the monitor is still working at 100%. So I am going to see if there is a way that i can just replace the plastics.

BTW, I did contact FedEx and I have up to 90 days to file a claim. I took photos of the box and the monitor and I have the box and packing materials.

I have to say that part of this must be my fault. I did not check the box for damage. So I loose a few points for that. Also, as one of my other friends said, that it was packed so poorly that FedEx probably won't take any responsibiliy for it. So, if I can get the shipper to replace the plastics, then I won't deal with FedEx.
    -- Team |RH| @ Red-Hour --

Athlon 64 XP3200+ Soltek nForce3 250GB SL-K8AN2E-GR 512mb Twinmos DDR3200 Sapphire 9500Pro 128mb 2x 40gb Seagate 'Cuda's 2x 100gb WD's LiteOn SOHW-812S DVD+/-RW & LTR-52327S CD-RW Audigy 2 w/ Zalman 5.1 cans Coolermaster Praetorian w/ Antec True480

Apple G4 1ghz "Quicksilver" 1.5gb PC133 nVidia GeForce4 MX440 64mb 80gb 'Cuda 160gb "Cuda Pioneer DVR-108 Zip 250 2x M-Audio Delta66 w/ Omni Studio Berhinger Truth B2031A Studio Monitors

If the box was ripped open during shipping, why did you accept it?
    When they delivered, did you have it put on record that the box was damaged?

Killeroy.

K, I'm a college student which means a few things, but most importantly, anyone knocking on my door at 8:45am will not receive my "full" attention. So "why" did I accept it? I dunno, I didn't pay any attention that the box was ripped untill I got the thing in my appartment and open.

So lesson 1. Never accept a damaged box.

Hindsight is 20/20
    -- Team |RH| @ Red-Hour --

Athlon 64 XP3200+ Soltek nForce3 250GB SL-K8AN2E-GR 512mb Twinmos DDR3200 Sapphire 9500Pro 128mb 2x 40gb Seagate 'Cuda's 2x 100gb WD's LiteOn SOHW-812S DVD+/-RW & LTR-52327S CD-RW Audigy 2 w/ Zalman 5.1 cans Coolermaster Praetorian w/ Antec True480

Apple G4 1ghz "Quicksilver" 1.5gb PC133 nVidia GeForce4 MX440 64mb 80gb 'Cuda 160gb "Cuda Pioneer DVR-108 Zip 250 2x M-Audio Delta66 w/ Omni Studio Berhinger Truth B2031A Studio Monitors

If it were me, first thing I would do is make sure the seller isn't named Imtim83. He seems to have a habit of dropping monitors on friends heads

Originally posted by fuzzyuu
    K, I'm a college student which means a few things, but most importantly, anyone knocking on my door at 8:45am will not receive my "full" attention. So "why" did I accept it? I dunno, I didn't pay any attention that the box was ripped untill I got the thing in my appartment and open.

So lesson 1. Never accept a damaged box.

Hindsight is 20/20
    You should then claim the damage asap with FedEx. Usually, when you sign the receipt, you agree that the shipment was in order and not (visibly) damaged. Perhaps they will still recognize the claim.

Killeroy.

Originally posted by Big Whip
    If it were me, first thing I would do is make sure the seller isn't named Imtim83. He seems to have a habit of dropping monitors on friends heads

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

is it possible that it had been used when sent to you? maybe they sold it to someone else, it had been damaged by shipper, was shipped back and damaged then shipped to you?