Kingston 2700ddr vs Crucial 2100ddr

HI All

Ive put off building a computer for about 8 months. At the time I went out and purchased 2 modules of crucial 256mb with micron chips. It seems that there is alot of boards out now that need the faster ddr. I have a gift certificate that would allow me to buy 2 modules of kingston 2700ddr.(its the only brand they carry) I already have a buyer for the crucial. Would u suggest I get the 2700ddr? By the way , i dont plan on overclocking.....

thanks

which motherboard do you have?

what CPU are you planning to use?

GeIL is quite good.

Well If its 333DDR, Ideally you would have a 333 FSB CPU and motherboard and then everything is in Sync, if your memory is faster thats okay. Kingston isn't bad usually its middle of the road stuff. I would use it. some modules are faster CAS 2 is fastest, 2.5 middle and 3.0 slower. Generally speaking so if they have 2 types get lowest CAS value.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Corsair has a item in the AMDMB News page that explains memory, basically it is similar except standards are normally tighter at "Name" companys like Corsair and Twinmos, but the basics of memory are the same.... Look at this link and then get your Kingston

http://www.corsairmicro.com/memory_b...707/index.html
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.