Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Meridian are you still around?

No - I'm too busy playing Diablo 2 again to play MW. Finally got crafting to work, AND discovered the /players command......

M

Cool. I just had a quick question for you about a huge problem I'm having with MW, maybe you can help.....

Recently I had to reformat my HD. So I burnt my last save game to disk and formatted. I intalled XP, MW, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon. Previously I had only been using MW and TB not BM. Then I imported my last savegame from disk into the "saved" folder.

Ok, so I start the game and get some warnings about some things may not be compatable with others and such. No big deal I thought, it happened before. My saved game loads as normal with most of my possesions in my inventory. The only ones not there were the ones added by the mods I was using. My character's attributes and skills are all right on, everything normal. Ok AFTER checking this out I exit the game and install all of the official plugins and mods for the game. Then I installed the only "unofficial" mod I was using, the Indybank v2.0 mod.

I go back in game and load that save again. Evertything looking good.. Helm of Tohan (sp?) is there so I can tell that the officaial plugins are working. Then I check for the deed to my house in Balmora that I aquired using the Indybank mod. It's not there, and neither is the ring of transport that comes with the deed. Now I'm getting nervous, thinking that the mod didnt load correctly. I head to balmora and lo and behold the bank is there. And it remembers me because I still have a balance there!

But the problem is that my former house is for sale by the bank and I obviously can't get in to it. Screw this i thought, there is no way i'm paying another 80,000 for my house. I open the console and add the deed and the ring to my inventory. So I walk out, over to my house and open the door. I can't even bear to tell you what I found out.....THE PLACE WAS EMPTY.

I had been playing this game since release and everything I had was in that house. Every sword, piece of armor, unique item, quest item, book, piece of MW history was on those shelves and in locked boxes. I'm sure you understand what that means Meridian!!!

How can i get these items back?? I KNOW that i had the deed on that last save game I imported (thankfully it's still on disk). What did I do wrong? How can I get this stuff back?? THANKS!
    Last edited by LuckyStrike; 03-02-2004 at 04:41 PM.

Unfortunately this is almost certainly a problem caused by the mod, so the fix is likely to be difficult or even impossible. It sounds like the mod reset your house, which is why the house is empty.

I'd suggest unloading the game, and loading it again. This time do NOT start the game until all mods are loaded and you have saved each with the contruction set to stop that error message. NOW copy the saved game across and run it.

M

I JUST beat the main quest for the first time like an hour ago Really good game. I think i was around level 36, i was archmaster of redoran and kinght of the imperial dragon(imperial legion) took me a LONG time to all that stuff, but it was all fun . After i beat it i just ran around the world for awhile to see what every1 said.

Lucky Strike, I found that things dont import properly coming from just the save, even with the plugins installed and stuff. I had to copy the data folder (folder where all the mods stuff and overides get dumped) to get mine to load up completely correctly...not helping much now I guess though. Try what Meridian said, load up everything that should be installed and then open the save, but you may still be fubar. This game is a bit finicky. It kinda sounds like opening the save without the mod installed kinda "broke it". Also what happened to me with a different mod. The unofficial ones may not be made well enough to be installed and still fill in thier variables after the game has been initialized (hence the Helm being there and your balance but not the more complicated house/items).

Y'know, I cant guess how many hours I've put into this game, but I still have yet to beat it...Quite a few characters to 40+ levels,been all around MW and Tribunal and never bothered to actually finish the main quest...now thats an RPG!

I'm at work and bored again...
    Last edited by maademperor; 03-04-2004 at 09:54 AM.
    MOLE!!!

Re: The Ultimate Morrowind Thread - now up to Part 5!!

*bump*

Oblivion gone Gold!

Already have the CE version on pre-order. But I've been reading through the Oblivion FAQ on the official forums and I think I'm not going to like this as much as MW. Mainly because I'm the only person who posts who actually likes the MW fighting system. I like the fact that MW is a RPG, not a hack'n'slash. It means that old men with poor co-ordination like me can still fight effectively because it's the bast stats that win. Oblivion seems to be mainly based on the player's skill, not their character's skill. But Bethesda seem to have given in to the young men's compaints and made Oblivion a slasher, which means I suspact that they have driven away at least 20% of their market right there. But I will still get the game and see if it is as bad as I fear.

M

For those that are interested about what might be/is in Oblivion, the semi-official FAQ is here.

M

Damn, you know, I have not played Morrowind in a long time now. And I was thinking of playing it again. Now Obivilion is coming out?

This game has been out for so long now, but it is still one of my all time favorites.

Meridian, looks like I will be asking for your help once again in the future, lol.
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 165 Opteron. 9x275 1:1, OCZ 3200 2x512 TCCD, Sapphire X800GTO Fireblade, Raptor 74, Benq 1640, Liteon 166S DVD, Antec 660 Perf.+, Fortron Blue 500, Viewsonic VX910, XPsp2, Herc. GTXP 6.1, Z640

Ran into a unique situation in Mournhold with a new char. Whenever I try to whack the leader of the Dark Brotherhood, he goes into an endless dialogue cycle of telling me I'm going to die. I can't get out of it without reloading the game. Can't say goodbye or nothing, just watch the commentary flow over and over at high speeds. It really sucks the resources too, major lag.

Has anybody else had this happen? If so, how did you correct it?
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian
    No - I'm too busy playing Diablo 2 again to play MW. Finally got crafting to work, AND discovered the /players command......M

That's why I was gone so long from this thread. D2 sucked me back in . . . for three years. Just went back to Morrowind a month or so ago.
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

So why aren't you playing Oblivion then? Personally I don't think it is as good as MW (apart from looks) but it's still mighty addictive.

M

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo_man
    Ran into a unique situation in Mournhold with a new char. Whenever I try to whack the leader of the Dark Brotherhood, he goes into an endless dialogue cycle of telling me I'm going to die. I can't get out of it without reloading the game. Can't say goodbye or nothing, just watch the commentary flow over and over at high speeds. It really sucks the resources too, major lag.

Has anybody else had this happen? If so, how did you correct it?

Assuming this still hasn't corrected itself, have you tried leaving the cell and re-entering? Or try leaving the cell, save and quit, then restart and re-enter.

M

And going back to page one, I notice that bohonkie got 6.5 of his eight wishes (the game looks good, but sure as Hell ain't 60fps!) in Oblivion, whereas I got just one of my initial wishes.

M