Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ryan - Thanks for the info. It just continues to confirm what many have reported for the past few years with respect to THG.

Killeroy - You crack me up!

bleh, I wouldn't expect anything more from THG. I've seen them write up articles for events that I KNOW that they wern't even invited to (because I knew people who actually were at the event and were aware of the THG situation) where they just totaly blasted the company who used to give them passes to that event yet decided not to that year. (It was 3dfx's last trade show in europe I believe.). Not to mention just changing van smith's name as the author of the articles he wrote. They discust me. And don't worry, no matter how hard the temptation is, i'll wait until AMDMB posts the info to look at what they write up.
    Last edited by clement; 06-28-2003 at 09:44 PM.

I knew Tom's marched to the corporate drummer, but I thought it was more petty than corrupt...but I am really ashamed of AMD! That rocks me a lot harder!
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Originally posted by Killeroy
    Look what I found when I did some satellite surveillance on the THG headquarters in near Munich:

...pure coincidence I'm sure...

Killeroy.

/remove moderator title

Not only that, but it was stated somewhere about a year ago that the building THG is in - if I remember correctly - is owned, or mostly occupied by Intel... coincidence, I think not...

...as for this latest issue, all I can say is it's typical THG, and yet another reason I have never gone back to the site after the 1 hit I gave them many moons ago.

/re-add moderator title
    Dave
    Retired Dictator

Like the song says "The guilty don't feel guilty, they learn not to."

8:00AM Monday They need to call that marketing rep who did this with THG in and tell him his butt is FIRED . Anything less by AMD is a sellout .

Thus Always To Tyrants

It's too bad amdmb got shut out, but I can't really say this affects me. Because of some other monkey business with reviews, and other things, on THG I haven't been there in over a year. This is the only forum i check the links for first to make sure they don't lead to THG or the [H] site. They have proven in the past that they deserve neither my time nor the income my clicks get them.

Note: I will go there if a friend suggests an article and sends me a link. This has yet to happen.

The only time I visited THG is through links from other websites and that was once in a blue moon considering that I visit about two dozen diffrent sites each day. This time I went there on purpose just to see what kind of spoodged crap will they write. Well to no surprise right in first paragraph they brag about them "sponsoring" the MML2, even thou they are not mentioned anywhere on MML2 website as sponsor (except in one update about Q&A sesion where they gave out t-shirts). They also say that they "hope it is the beginning of their involvement in many more events in the future". If what you mention in your editorial is just a preview of their "sponsoring" any future events then......well you fill in the rest. In short I did not like their article at all, it appeared too slimy to me.
    Plus if you check the sponsors you'll notice that Intel wasn't one of them. Hmmm...So it would not come as a surprise to me, being that TNG has been so pro-Intel in the past, if thay did have alterior motives by having a media blackout imposed, but I'm even more shocked that AMD is going along with that.

I'll be firing off some e-mails come Monday morning for sure.
    Hope you do the same.
    Last edited by Ulic; 06-29-2003 at 12:31 AM.

Sounds like something THG would do...
    And I agree that the guy that the AMD rep. needs to be clearing out his desk come monday morning.
    Sager NP5620 Notebook | 2.4 P4 | 512MB | R7500m | 50GB/7200RPM/16MB HD | 8/4/8/24 CD-RW/DVD | 15" UXGA

NF7-S | 2600m @ 2.65 | 1GB | R9700 Pro | 2 80GB | 52/32/52 | 16x DVD

K7D-L | 2x 2500+ @ 2.2 | 1GB | R8500 | 4 160GB HDs, 2 RAID 0 arrays | 52/24/52 | 16x DVD

Tyan "Thunderbolt" | 2x 1GHz P3 | 512MB | R9000 | 3 80GB, 1 40GB HD | 52/32/52 | 4x DVD+RW/-RW

Ryan, once again you prove what it takes to be one of the premier sites out there. THG def is not respected in the 'inner circle' and once again they showed their true colors. keep doin what your doin....im very pleased you brought this to light, and amd will def be getting a call from us as well..

Dan "Cygnus_x_1" Reis
    Marketing/PR Director
    OCAddiction.com
    Heatware: Cygnus_X_1

I had started going back to Toms lately just to browse the reviews....well...

No More....I sent the link of the story to about 150 people and I am sure there will be at least 75 if not 100 that will boycott Toms site from here on out....

Intel biasing was bad enough, but to do this....unforgivable.....Toms = "Unfavorited"

SP

XP2400M on an NF7V2(10x208)(D23 Sub-Zero)
    SLK900A w/Enermax Adjustable Fan & AS5
    WinXP Pro SP1
    1800FP Ultrasharp LCD
    2 Panaflo L1A Inputs and 1 L1A output
    2X512mb CH5 PC3200(2.5,3,3,8)- Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 4.1
    7K250-250GB & Samsung 120GB
    Radeon 9600Pro XT w/ Arctic 3 - TV2000XP TV Card
    BenQ DW1620- Liteon 167T DVD Rom
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC - WRT54G Router
    Antec SX830 w/ SL400 PS - Temps - Idle(38C) - Load(42C)

Southpaw's Heat

why not send an email to every hardware review site's admin and tell them to call or email AMD? This is BS; but not suprising. THG is crooked as hell i'd never thought that AMD would give rights to the website that Disses every product they release and say intel's is better..
    or maybe they are trying to make a point to the HW community-- look, our enemies think this is the shiznit!
    ?

THG... eeeeeew!

It's been quite some time since my last visit... glad to be back .

Ryan:
    You've earned another star in my list... there are only a few WM out there that still care about ethics and respect for their readers... and you're one of those... Great Job!.

My Rant:
    Well... THG... what else can you expect from those bastards!? They're a disgrace for our online community, so, I won't comment on them... they aren't worth it.

Now... AMD... WOW!!! never thought they would pull one like this... they are getting better every day at trying to mess with us... bad cpus, broken promises, sub-par performance and higher prices... hmmm? is that the right way to do business???... don't think so... but hey, they still are the gamers first choice (aha, yeah, RIGHT).

This is the beggining of the end... it is still early, but they better fix their problems soon... otherwise, it'll be 'bye bye to AMD' for me (and surely, the same will apply to a lot of people around).

This sickens me... .

- D24

This makes me sick!!!! These guys are screwing over the community for a buck. We should "embargo" THG.
    Main Rig (BOINC Rig #1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

I'm not really surprised by the actions of THG , But I am of those by AMD. I thought they where better then that.

Going to have to keep a closer eye on AMD now.