dual ddr with diff mem chips

ha, I'm the first to post a "real" question

I know it's been discussed before about buying two sticks at the same time for best compatiblity (particularly for nforce2). I had recently had to rma a stick and of course, when I got the new stick, it had different mem chips on it, and now I'm getting errors when playing games. Anyone think I'd be ok if I fill up the two regular mem channels (1&2) with the two individual sticks or just leave it as it is in the dual ddr (1&3 or 2&3)?

so your saying your getting errors the way it is now? Why would it be ok to leave it that way?

Might want to test each stick individually first just in case. Losing the dual channel isn't really all that big anyways. Incrases are quite minimal, it is more for the integrated graphics version than for regualr use.

I know it is possible to use different sticks (my friend does this without problems), just that it isn't recommended.

will try the diff configs but I was just curious if anyone had any experience with mixing the diff chips and errors, etc...

if it's generic ram that would explain it.
    Last edited by notdrugged; 07-01-2003 at 04:06 PM.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?