Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: THE bar

Thumbs up

I love that one of the most emotionally charged, passion-and-spite-laced debates in all of the PC building community is the merit (or lack of merit) of a Taiwanese heatsink company with a goofy name.
    Barton 2500+ 333FSB
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    1 gig Crucial DDR PC2700
    Western Digital 60g 7200 rpm EIDE Master
    Seagate Barracuda 40g 7200 rpm EDIE Slave
    430w Antec True Power PSU

I got your PM BartonBadBoy, but I cant reply back until you delete some messages left in your inbox. Just a friendly reminder.

everyone keeps saying my inbox is full and theres only one message in it???? wtf????

am i doing something wrong?
    Heavily Modified Thermaltake Xaser III
    Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 - Mosfet Cooling, SB Cooling
    Barton 2800 @ 250 x 10
    2 x 256 Twinmos PC3700 @ 250FSb D/C
    Modded Zalman CPNS-7000 Cu Cooler
    Powercolor Radeon 9800XT (440 core, 400 mem)
    Sounblaster Audigy 2 Platinum
    3dmark01 = 20,145 3dmark03 = 7,262 Aquamark = 47956

No dice man. Are you sure you're showing messages "Since the beginning"? If so then I dont know whats up. Try talking to a moderator.

BTW You can email me at teznic@comcast.net in the meantime, so I can help answer your questions.

-Cheers

Originally posted by BartonBadBoy
    everyone keeps saying my inbox is full and theres only one message in it???? wtf????

am i doing something wrong?
    Make sure you have cleared your sent items too.

Originally posted by Drisler
    My Xaser II can now be had for 129. So blah...
    lemme remind you...TOOLESS, aluminum - biatch , light weight, lcd display, window, HD cages, drive rails, looks

So what if it didn't come with a PSU, i'd have still bought the antec if it did..
    looks

I would not use a Xaser on my computers if you gave me one, sorry...
    Last edited by JungleMan; 07-01-2003 at 10:40 PM.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Originally posted by teznic
    I love my case. The black is definitely better. I went with the steel model because I wanted black plus its heavier and very solid. You can get one now for under $150 which isnt bad considering everything it comes with. The front panel takes a little getting used to, but I think it looks way better in person.

BTW The OEM supplier for the Thermaltake cases isn't Enermax, its Casetek since they supply both companies with the same case.
    I already used the Xaser II and it slighty heavy - the new Xaser III is little heavy than XII and it quite nice designed and easy to install hardwares but it not include motherboard tray -- it make the hardwares stay much cooler - I used the black one to match my desk. it got plenty of airflow include power supply, etc..

Originally posted by JungleMan

If you're going to plunk down $158 on a case fine..why not grab a PC-60 for $128, add some $3 LED fans and a $13 Hardcano (if you really need it)...and *gasp! shock! horrors* add your own window! much cooler

Man, talk about an ugly case... I've never understood why people think those are so cool...

I have an idea, let's not get the case that looks cool and get one that's just as expensive and boxy with no style...
    Asus a7n8x rev 1.04 1002a uber
    2100+ "B" @ 12x166 (1997 mhz)
    Thermalright slk-800 with AS2 w/TT SF2
    Sunbeam rheobus
    2 x Crucial PC2700
    Thermaltake Xaser II 6000a

United Kingdom - where PC parts costs too much £££
    looks

I would not use a Xaser on my computers if you gave me one, sorry...
    I tend to agree with JM on this matter. The Xasers never appealed to me and for the doh you may as well get a mid sized Lian Li. Just think of the brushed alluminium and all the mods you can do....oooohhhhh babbbyy.....

NOW THERES QUALITY!

I'll be adding a window to my PC-70 soon. Should do wonders to the whole look of the case! Talk about being late for the band wagon!!

Xaser is just like Marmite. You love it or you hate it. I'm with the latter.

I only have one Thermaltake product, and thats a Smart Fan (not 2). It's sitting in my cupboard with my socks and pants.

Frag
    My case
    Tbred B 2100+ AIUHB 0302 DUT3C
    11.5x200 = 2300Mhz
    Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 (BIOS 10)
    Hercules 9800Pro
    2 x 256mb PC3200 Twinmos
    Thermalright SLK900U
    Coolermaster ATC201B SX2
    Logitech Z-560s 4.1 Speakers
    Creative Labs Audigy 2
    Vantec Ion 400watt PSU

Originally posted by OvrrDrive
    I was under the notion that the case was manufactured by either chenming or cheiftec. I forget which was the parent company. I'm thinking cheiftec. They're all the same no matter if they're antec, cheiftec, chenming, xspider, matrix or thermaltake.

Either way, the cases are nice... I love mine no matter what the rep they have is.
    The origional Xaser & XaserII are the Cheiftec cases with the TT custom front cover / metal drive cover & then the TT add ons.

Starting with the III series did they drop Cheiftec & go to Casetek.

Myself I have the XaserII A5000 windowed case. Ordered the one w/o a window, but got the the windowed case instead for about $100.

I also am not using the fan speed controller / temp display add on.

As I am using water cooling on my rigs these days, I would be removing the HD racks in the Casetek / TT Xaser III flavors anyway really don't need the 2 side fans in the back of the case. (would like the deeper in length case over my Xaser II though)

The Chieftek versions of this case over at Newegg.com are between $43 - $77 + $10 shipping. (only Blue, Beige or Silver though) The airflow through the front actually looks less restrictive then the TT version to me.

As far as styling goes, well that is a personal choice. Lots of peeps like the Chieftec/Antec/chemming styles cases, others think there are just too many & all look the same. Others like the Lian Li, to me they look too industrial for a home PC. Guess it is a good thing they are lots of choices & even more ways to mod your case to your liking.

TT really seems to like their "colorful" designs. Some I like others I will definatly pass on!

Don't care too much for the TT design on the front cover of the Xaser III myself, but then who really cares?
    Stealing from 1 is called plagiarism, stealing from many is called research!
    Remember - Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow!

Xaser II WC (Water Cooled (Innovatek CPU, GF4 & Chipset waterblocks) Epox 8RDA+ R1.0) AMD 1800XP T-Bred A @2100Mhz +
    1 - Corsair XMS Platinum 512MB Ram / Enermax 430W PSU, 1 - 16X DVD (IDE1 - Mstr), 1 - Yamaha CRW-F1 (IDE2 - Mstr)
    1 - WD 120GB 7200RPM HD (IDE3 Mstr) / 1 Flex HD Bays (IDE4), Logitech Cordless Freedom Kbyd & Mouse / PNY GF4 TI4600 128MB Video Card
    1 - Maxtor (Promise) ATA133 Controller Card. (Prime95 & Voltages) (case picx!)

Antec WC (EPoX 8K3A+ R1.2) AMD XP 1800 T-Bred A @1856Mhz
    (Maze3 ClearTop, Eheim 1250 Pump, Clear BayRes, ClearFlex60 1/2" ID tubing & UV reactive cooling fluid)
    1 x Corsair 3200 512MB Black HS / Antec SurePower 420W PSU, 1 - Creative Labs 6X DVD (Ide1 Mstr) / 1 - LiteOn 32x12x40 CDRW (IDE2 - Mstr)
    1 - Quantum 30GB 7200RPM HD (IDE3 Mstr) / SOYO USB 2.0 card / Soyo BayOne card reader / Creative DVD Decoder Card (PCI 1)
    Logitech Cordless Freedom Kbyd & Mouse / PNY Verto GeForce3 128MB Video Card, 1 Flex Drive removeable bay (IDE4)
    Antec 1080AMG case(case picx!)

HP Pavilion ZD7058CL Lappy 17" screen!
    Refs -->Heatware Ebay also Paypal Verified

United Kingdom - where PC parts costs too much £££
    Originally posted by jhimes

Others like the Lian Li, to me they look too industrial for a home PC. Guess it is a good thing they are lots of choices & even more ways to mod your case to your liking.

thats a very good way of putting it. I often look at my LL and think that it looks a bit 'too' heavy and mean if you know what i mean. Sometimes it doesnt really look like a case, more like some kind of mainframe computer.

Frag

edit: i just re-read what i put above, it sounds like im being sarcastic, i'm not

Frag

Good points, guys!

Everyone to their own liking!

Originally posted by OvrrDrive
    Man, talk about an ugly case... I've never understood why people think those are so cool...

I have an idea, let's not get the case that looks cool and get one that's just as expensive and boxy with no style...
    PC-60 isn't the world's best looking case but at least it doesn't look like a rice burner.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

PC-60 isn't the world's best looking case but at least it doesn't look like a rice burner.
    AHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Rice burner? Now that's funny. Phew.

I'm with you Lian Li guys. I want my tower to have the potential to sit in my hardwood entertainment center, next to a titanium-finish mini-system... and not look like a kid's toy.

Oh, and when I say "potential," I mean it. Like most of your cases, my Lian Li is sitting next to a pile of magazines on the floor.

Last edited by mlocher; 07-02-2003 at 01:43 PM.
    Barton 2500+ 333FSB
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    1 gig Crucial DDR PC2700
    Western Digital 60g 7200 rpm EIDE Master
    Seagate Barracuda 40g 7200 rpm EDIE Slave
    430w Antec True Power PSU