Question ASUS P4C800-E MB, Windows XP, & WDC SATA Drive Problems?

The problem is with my Computer's ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB, even though that in the BIOS the WDC 250 GB SATA Drive is configured and detected properly, the Windows OS when booting directly from the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM cannot detect the WDC SATA 250 GB Drive.

I entered in the "F6" Function Key during the initial Windows XP Software Configuration Load so it can install the other Disk Drive Controller Device Drivers from the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM, but it only looks for the Software on the Floppy Disk Drive A and not the CD-ROM Drive.

How can I get the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM Configuration to recognize the WDC 250 GB SATA Drive so that I can proceed on with the Windows XP Pro installation?

Where I can obtain Software SATA Device Drivers so that Windows XP Pro will recognize the Serial ATA Drive during the Windows installation process?

Also, since I have one WDC 250 GB SATA Drive, should I be connecting the Drive to the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard's onboard Serial ATA Connector, or to the Motherboard's onboard Serial ATA Raid Connector?

Jonathan
    My Computer System Consists of the following components.

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard.
    AMD Athlon 2800+ GHZ CPU.
    AMD Approved TaiSol CPU Heatsink And Fan.
    PC Power & Cooling Mid-Tower Computer Case.
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 400 Watt ATX Power Supply.
    PC Power & Cooling Computer Case Front And Back Silencer Fans.
    2 Sticks Of Kingston HyperX PC-3500 DDR 256 Megabyted Of RAM.
    Western Digital 120 Gigabyte ATA UDMA 100 With 8 MB Buffer IDE Disk Drive.
    Western Digital 80 Gigabyte ATA UDMA 100 With 2 MB Buffer IDE Disk Drive.
    Lite-On CDROM 52X Drive.
    Lite-On CDRW 48-12-48X Drive.
    Adaptec 2940UW SCSI Disk Controller PCI Card.
    ATI Radeon 8500 128 MB DDR AGP Graphics Card.
    US Robotics 56K Internal PCI FaxModem.
    Viewsonic P815 21 Inch Color Monitor.

Jonathan

I am not familar with your board but with my board I have to download the drivers and then copy them onto a floppy

Ok sorry you have to have the Intel(R) Application Accelerator RAID Edition 3.5R for Windows 2000/XP you can find it here

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...800-E%20Deluxe

Then there will be a make disk application. That will copy the drivers to a floppy.
    Last edited by themortarman; 08-11-2003 at 07:55 AM.

I know I setup a computer running the same mobo for a friend a while ago and I found that flashing the bios helped alot when screwing around with the drive arrays. This adds support if you flash to 1010. Try it out.

On your asus cd will be located a make disk utility to make a driver diskette for the boards sata controller.
    You will use that disk to load windows.