internal ambient is about about 1-2 degrees F higher than room temp. CPU ranges around 95F. it seems to do very well although i think it could use an enermax PS or something. any feedback?

http://uweb.superlink.net/rubicon/computer

-bw

I can think of a couple of things that might help. 1. your power supply doesn't seem to have any vents in it other then the inside top. Get a power supply with better venting, possibly one with a fan drawing in from the bottom and out through the back of the case. 2.Consider wrapping your power leads with loom or spiral wrap to allow for better air flow and all around ease of access. 3.Consider buying rounded IDE cables, for the above same reasons. 4. Cut a blowhole in the front for better air flow.5. get some driverails and move your hard drive up to the 5" bays and loose the 3" bays in order to add another front intake fan. 6. Cut a blowhole in the top and add a fan for better exhaust. 7. Buy a different case that thing is packed, I 'm not sure if this is what your asking, but I hope it helps.

Lightbulb

I agree with zwolf.

Cool

I also agree with Zwolf and Heckler, but at the same time BE WARNED!!!! The larger the (watts) power supply you have the more heat that it generates.

An example of this would be my 330 Watt Enermax compared to my 430 watt Enermax. The difference being 5-8F more heat generated by the 430 watt unit.

PowerHungry, You have a very good point. Often wonder if a go over kill on the PSU. I wish I could only figure out exactly how much power is needed to run my system(s).

Originally posted by Zwolf
    I can think of a couple of things that might help. 1. your power supply doesn't seem to have any vents in it other then the inside top. Get a power supply with better venting, possibly one with a fan drawing in from the bottom and out through the back of the case. 2.Consider wrapping your power leads with loom or spiral wrap to allow for better air flow and all around ease of access. 3.Consider buying rounded IDE cables, for the above same reasons. 4. Cut a blowhole in the front for better air flow.5. get some driverails and move your hard drive up to the 5" bays and loose the 3" bays in order to add another front intake fan. 6. Cut a blowhole in the top and add a fan for better exhaust. 7. Buy a different case that thing is packed, I 'm not sure if this is what your asking, but I hope it helps.
    Wow, what kind of temperatures are you reading?

-bw

QUOTE]Originally posted by PowerHungry

An example of this would be my 330 Watt Enermax compared to my 430 watt Enermax. The difference being 5-8F more heat generated by the 430 watt unit.
    [/QUOTE]

yep power, have acknowledged a previous post of yours regarding this product (i mention it in my 1st post of this thread and some of the text in that URL reflect your recommendations). this was the info i was looking for

thx again,

b

Originally posted by beware

-bw

OK a couple of things about these temps. First off my temp. probe for the CPU is in the wrong place, it's taped to the back of the processor and -not- between the CPU and the heat sink because it wouldn't fit. Second is that this is at Idle. Third, It's presently sixty five degrees F. with forty percent humidity in the room it's in right now.
    After three hours of UT, it's usually around 88f. for the CPU and 77f. for the system temp. I've always assumed that the CPU is ten to fifteen degrees shy of what it acually is.

Originally posted by beware

-bw

OK a couple of things about these temps. First off my temp. probe for the CPU is in the wrong place, it's taped to the back of the processor and -not- between the CPU and the heat sink because it wouldn't fit. Second is that this is at Idle. Third, It's presently sixty five degrees F. with forty percent humidity in the room it's in right now.
    After three hours of UT, it's usually around 88f. for the CPU and 77f. for the system temp. I've always assumed that the CPU is ten to fifteen degrees shy of what it acually is.
    Ok, cool data

So room temp is about 65F.

IDLE
    Case 66 (+1F over room temp)
    CPU is about 10-15 over your posted temp? so it is really 88 - 93?

LOAD (3hrs UT)
    Case 77F
    CPU 98-103F

Is this correct? What CPU do you have?

thanks, i appreciate it thinking of upgrading.

-bw

Cool

The CPU temp of 88-93F sounds right as those are my temps with a 1 gig TBird, the only difference is my system temp is 75F, room temp is 73.9F

Athlon Classic 700 on an ABIT KA7. Wouldn't be an upgrade for you Like I said I can only guess at the actual CPU temp.

Athlon Classic 700 on an ABIT KA7. Wouldn't be an upgrade for you Like I said I can only guess at the actual CPU temp.

Zwolf's estimated data with 700mhz

So room temp is about 65F.
    IDLE
    Case 66 (+1F over room temp)
    CPU is about 10-15 over your posted temp? so it is really 88 - 93?

LOAD (3hrs UT)
    Case 77F
    CPU 98-103F

where are your fans located? what is the estimated CFMs in/out do you have? heatsink? sorry so curious

-bw

Ok, here goes:

1 Panaflo L1a 80mm sucking in through a blowholw in the front.

1 duel fan AAvid slot A HS/Fan

2 AddA 80mm fans mid-rear and top-rear for exhaust

1 Powerman 300W powersupply with 1 80mm fan exhaust, between the two AddA fans

1 Vantec three fan HDD cooler

CL Geforce2 MX with BlueOrb

1 set ear plugs

like the vantec bay cooler. (saw a pic of it the other day)

thx again,

bw