Unhappy

I live in Orange, CA. It's only Feb 4, but today its' around 80f. I have my bedroom ceiling fan on w/ the window open but my shit is running hot. It's only got a little Cooler Master HSF on it (artic silver), but it's running at 55c idle [by idle I mean just Windows app's: not games]. I have a FOP38, but I broke the damned retainer clip for it and the new ones [ordered SEVERAL cause that clip is a bitch of a to get on and off] will not arrive for a few days. My case is AMD rec, the Antec pp-303x/KS-282. It has intake and exhaust fans, plus I pulled the inside 5500 rpm fan off of a Super Orb and threw that on my Geforce2 MX, which hopefully is killing alot of heat from the AGP card. But obviously if it's a hotter day, the fans are going to suck hotter air in, so what do you do? Just compensate by letting yer shit run 5-10 degrees hotter? Which would make 60c the "worry" temperature? From what I've gathered on this forum, you wanna run yer shit under 50c. So if it's hot out is 60c okay? Lemme know what's up, thanx.
    Remember kids, the faster your computer, the larger your . And now you know...because knowing is half the battle.

Lightbulb

That's twice as hot as I have ever seen my cpu get. I live in the midwest and see both hot and cold temp. extremes. You need to turn on the air conditioner bro. Was your cpu running this hot before you broke your clip on th heatsink? If the clip is broke what are you using for a heatsink now?

W/ the Fop 38 I could run at 41c after an hour of Quake 3. But the answer to your other question is in my post, a Cooler Master hsf. It's AMD rec, but it's still shitty compared to the fops, alpha's, or any other high performance HSF.
    Remember kids, the faster your computer, the larger your . And now you know...because knowing is half the battle.

Untill your HSF clips show up I would take off the case cover and set a house fan to blow on it. Should drop the temps to a reasonable level.

I have to agree with Heckler, I live in a climate that goes from +70 degrees to 101 F. With +90% humidity in the summer and +35 degress F. to -35 F. and 0% humidity in the winter and I've never seen my system that warm. I think that there are some other things you need to consider in order to keep your system temps. down. Those folks that live in the Gulf region of the US really know what humidity is as do the peeps on the east coast in july and August. If your ambient temps are that hot now, and you know how hot it can get in the summer Then you have to consider the case, the ambient temps. and placement. You know what to do.