Hi all,

I would like some advice on my system. I just purchased it 3 weeks ago and it is running at 50 to 60 degree's celcius. It has a large heatsink on the CPU, no case fans In an AT case. I am not sure what teh case model is but it has to be the most popular here with half the people I know having it.

I spoke to the shop, Sunlit Technologies, and they say that teh chip can hadle up to 70C but I think that is too hot. They reckon it will not be a problem unless I want to overclock it. Problem is I do.

Perhapps an even bigger fan like a super ORB and a few case fans?

What do you think?

Nazgul,

I believe your CPU is running to hot! The below screen shot was taken after running Quake 3 for 1 hour. The cpu is a Duron 800@900 for this test.

2 80MM Panaflos on the side (IN)
    1 80MM Panaflo on the top (OUT)
    1 80MM Panaflo in the front down low (IN)
    2 80MM Panaflos in the rear (OUT)
    HedgeHog Heatsink with very loud Delta fan
    All cables are rounded

Howdy, Does sound alittle hot...... I have a T-Bird 700 that runs at about 34c with case closed, and just a Coolermaster HSF combo. Where did the VIA HWM come from?? Been looking for a good monitor program..... the one that came with my mb is not very good. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Heckler
    Nazgul,

2 80MM Panaflos on the side (IN)
    1 80MM Panaflo on the top (OUT)
    1 80MM Panaflo in the front down low (IN)
    2 80MM Panaflos in the rear (OUT)
    HedgeHog Heatsink with very loud Delta fan
    All cables are rounded
    What kind of powersupply do you have? What is the room temperature?

-bw

I have a 250w Power supply.

I am going to have to buy some case fans I think and fit them, that temperature is rediculous.

The room temp here is about 30-35 C at teh moment.

Lightbulb

I use a 300 Watt Antec PSU in this setup. At a 100% load, or near max. (woah I said load ) it runs about seven degrees above room temp.

Wink Using Kodiak

I have a TB900 oc to 1.1Ghz running at 37C using the step-thermodynamics Kodiak cooler. Works great. Runs fast (7500 rpms or so) however they have a daughter board for free that allows you to slow down the fan rpms to match the amount of heat the CPU is actually releasing by changing the CFMs.

My system is mid tower with one front fan ($5 cheapo) and of course the PS Fan. The Kodiak Cooler from Step is keeping the CPU cool and running!