Best sub $250 Dual Channel 1GB memory kit opinions.

I have been looking around for months now at different DC memory kits. I'm slowly buying components for my new system which will be a severly OC'd 1700 TB on an A7N8x-DX.

I was going to buy the TWINX-1024LL kit, but the price just jumped up last night on all corsair memory.

I need something thats going to perform great and overclcok very well with nice timings for under $250. I recently read a review showing that the Crucial kit did very very well. I dont know if maby they just got a lucky set of modules or what, but thats stuff is cheap!

What are some of the thoughts of other overclockers out there? Ive always been partial to Corsair, but I'm not shelling out over $250 for it.

Any opinions would be apreciated. Thanks.

I have a Promo Build of Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2 512x2 dual channel pack I'll pass on to you for $180.

I just moved so my chartermi e-mail is gone.

btk_protoformx@hotmail.com until I get my cox account.

The corsair is not just worth the price. I paid through my when i bought mine. These dual channel kits are no more than marketing getups, IMO.

You need TwinMos Winbond Memory. Cheaper than corsair and performs very well on the nforce2 platform. Great for overclocking. Did i say they were cheap?

They can be bought from memoryx.net. There are also two sellers right here in the Trading Post forum. Both great guys on all accounts.

I am running a pair of the TwinMOS PC3700 512MB sticks at 242FSB right now. I am selling the same stuff over in the trading post for $120 each. (see sig)
    Folding systems: Can't even keep track any more....

My Heatware
    Folding in memory of Sharon Sharp 9/21/47-5/16/05

Deal at new egg

I have heard good things about Buffalo, and Winbond. Whats your opinions on this stuff at only $99 at newegg?
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...fer=pricewatch

Does anyone know how well it will run in Dual Channel mode being that its not "matched pair"?

-Seraphi

Those sticks are using the same chips as the TwinMOS PC3200 (BH-5/CH-5) so they are really overclocked PC3200.

My Heatware

Originally posted by WScottCross
    I am running a pair of the TwinMOS PC3700 512MB sticks at 242FSB right now. I am selling the same stuff over in the trading post for $120 each. (see sig)
    out of curiousity, which mobo are you getting that 242fsb out of and what is the vdd set at (is it vdd modded?)

Originally posted by pakman
    out of curiousity, which mobo are you getting that 242fsb out of and what is the vdd set at (is it vdd modded?)
    Abit IC-7 (oops) with no mods.

My Heatware