Hello all... I was wondering what everyone liked as far as cooling their Athlon systems... I used to have lockup problems due to heat (ran about 57C), but I have since placed a floor fan by my case to keep it cool (around 51C now)... I would like to get a good cooling unit for the Athlon because the fan I'm using is a bit loud...

Any recommendations on a good and somewhat cheap cooling fan?

I also currently have a 300W power supply, but was thinking about upgrading to a 400W... is a 300W enough for all I have (see below)?

Thanks!
    Lee

Smile

well i use the globalwin fop32 with 3 case fans and i have a 750@850[can do 900 but get the ocasional reg error] my temps with a closed case are now[disregard my sig this was done in last 2 days and wont chang sig till i test for 48 hrs] 33 mobo and 43 proc. having proc at 900 doesnt change temp as my volts are the same [maxwithout voltage hack] before i placed the 3 case fans my temps were higher then yours now with a closed case ] with the hsf that came with the proc [no ocing my temps were 60-62 proc 47 mobo closed case] with global win and 3 well placed case fans my temps have dropped a shit load.
    Foxx

Hot deals trading rules
    rig
    950 i7 core,evga ftw3 mobo,3x2 gigpc12000,1xevga480, 4 x 74 g raptors, 2- 500gb seagates,46inch lcd monitor max res 1920\1080,obsidian 800d

My favorite cooling setup:
    - blowhole at top of the case: 64cfm fan
    - 32cfm case fan at the bottom front sucking in
    - 32cfm fan at the back sucking in
    - 32cfm power supply fan at top back blowing out
    - lapped Globalwin FOP38 on cpu

Unfortunately this setup is pretty loud... but it did let me oc my Tbird750 to 1.1ghz (8x137), with temp of 27c/35c full load. (ambient temp of 22c)

Is the GlobalWin FOP38 itself loud? I saw on inflowdirect.com that they said to be aware of the noise level...

Also, how accurate are those Digital Doctor systems that monitor temps?

It is not to awefully loud. But it also depends on how quite you like your computer. If you like your computer so quite you can hear a pin drop, then this is not for you. But it is also no where near a small table fan either. Somewhere in between I guess.