Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mozilla Firebird

Anyone using it?Just installed it and it seems to work well.

I use straight out Mozilla, and dig it. I'd probably use Firebird, but I use the e-mail client. I also use the built in web page app, since HTML is beyond me.

I just wish it would use multiple columns in the bookmarks like older versions of Netscape used to, instead of scrolling through them.

I'm using Eudora so no need for email.I can't believe how much faster Mozilla is.

I have been using Mozilla Firebird now for a couple of months as my default web browser. Haven't had any problems with it at all, very good web browser.
    AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (Stock)
    Albatron KX400 8X
    512 Megs Crucial PC 2700
    Gainward Ti 4200 8X 128 MB
    40 GiG Western Digital 7200 RPM 8MB Cache
    16X Liteon DVD ROM
    52X24x52 Liteon CDRW
    WinXP PRO

Mozilla rocks and hardcore I had heard a nasty rumor that AOL resolved there issues with Microshaft and that netscape and mozilla would or possible could just dissappear....I dont think that would happen there are hundreds of thousands of people that use netscape or mozilla.... and I am one of them
    Rig 1: P4 2.6c @ 3.3 stock air cooled 40|MSI PT880|leadtek gf4 ti4400|1g of kingston/crucial pc2100

MY HeatWare

The more I use it,the more I like it.It's my default browser from here on out.

I've been Firebird for everything for a few months and it's sweet. I can't stand using IE at work when I'm expected to do research without tabs!!! hehe. Mozilla rules.

I just cant stand ctrl+shift+L to open a new window. I constantly hit ctrl+o. I like how opera uses f2 at least.

/me ends the Moz lovefest

IE for-eva baby
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVDRW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Originally posted by JungleMan
    /me ends the Moz lovefest

IE for-eva baby
    Oh you are such a young pup!
    I remember when IE was the biggest piece of junk ever! Netscape ruled the roost back then. In fact, if IE wasnt bundled with Windows, I have no doubt that Netscape would have developed into the dominate browser.
    IE works well now, it is just so darn bloated. And it loads fast because it is always running.

Originally posted by John C
    Oh you are such a young pup!
    I remember when IE was the biggest piece of junk ever! Netscape ruled the roost back then. In fact, if IE wasnt bundled with Windows, I have no doubt that Netscape would have developed into the dominate browser.
    IE works well now, it is just so darn bloated. And it loads fast because it is always running.
    Oh I remember well...IE 3.0

IE 4+ ownz though sorry, Moz/Firebird/Phoenix/whatever just doesnt always render what I want it to and IE does...what can I say...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVDRW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

IE 5.5 rules on my wife's machine-it works fast and sweet (on ME no less),but on my machine,IE6 sux--and it's not that I haven't tried to tweak it to work well--it just doesn't have it goin' on.
    Phoenix,on this machine,works as well as IE5.5 does on my wifes .
    IE does render some pages better than Phoenix,but to me it's not worth the wait.

And the tabs are cool,too.

ec

I too use Mozilla Firebird, I just switched to it a month ago and have fallen in love.

Is there a way i can get my yahoo account to work in Eudora?

Thanx,
    Eric
    We love and miss you Troy
    You'll never be forgotten

Usualy if something doesn't render right on Mozilla/NS it's becasue they person who made the page never bothered to test it on any other browser than IE. Mozilla tends to be pretty strict in enforcing CSS rules, it doesn'ttolerate sloppy code as well as IE does in style sheets. Some times there's funky code that Mozilla doesn't like in a page that was put there to make it render right in IE.

The narrow message box on this forum is a wonderful example of something that has been intentionaly coded wrong to make it display right for IE. Withthe proper width in the code the box would be way too big in IE. Don't even get me started on IE's lack of PNG support. I found out when I started doing a web comic that IE can't properly display alpha channels in PNG files. Moot point since I use JPGs now, but still agrevating.