Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I personaly love the xloc and kind of feel lost with out it, unless I am playing IG.

Originally posted by Whiplash
    When you spawn your given a gun right. Therefore you can fight.
    I love the way you think

Unfortunately, all of us use the translocator as an essential part of our game. I guess if you don't like the translocator, don't use it and the rest of us will. At least with it enabled, you have the choice whether to use it or not...
    P4 2.8Ghz @ 3.4Ghz
    Abit BH7 i845PE motherboard
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR RAM
    80GB WDC SE 7200RPM hard drive
    Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
    Compaq P900 Trinitron 19" monitor
    16X LiteOn Black DVDROM
    52x24x52 LiteOn Black CDRW
    TBSC sound card
    Onboard LAN
    Logitech Z-560 4.1 Speakers
    Lian Li PC65B USB with Antec 480W PSU

Originally posted by wtburnette
    Unfortunately, all of us use the translocator as an essential part of our game. I guess if you don't like the translocator, don't use it and the rest of us will. At least with it enabled, you have the choice whether to use it or not...
    agreed

but I feel that those of us that use it will be at an advantage, so that is [SS] then lol

If I play and get disconnected and have to rejoin, will the team lose all points accumulated by me? Logs on server?

RB
    Games I play

As far as I know scores restart when you have to reconnect, unless there is some sort of fix for that

Originally posted by RedBox
    If I play and get disconnected and have to rejoin, will the team lose all points accumulated by me? Logs on server?

RB
    hmm good point RB, I would have thought server logs would be the answer, like we had in place when we ran the UT2K3 tourney. Would mean a delayed result whilst the logs were checked out.

But your kills for the team still counts right? That's all that matters.... I have not paid attention to it before but say if the team has 70 frags and 10 of those are yours. When you get disconnected, your team still have 70 frags right?

RB
    Games I play

Lets hop on a server and find out lol

As far as I'm aware, if you get disconnected, your frags go bye bye, as well as what you contributed to the overall team score. Believe me, I'm sensitive to this as well, since my ComCrap (comcast) connection has been on the blink the last couple weeks. Perhaps after the game there's a way to look up logs of each match on the server and post it in the forums, but I dunno. I'll have to ask the Oreo man, since he's the one who runs our server...

Then again, we're not as worried about who wins and loses, more just the fact that it'll be a blast for our two teams to play. It ought to be a lotta fun...

P4 2.8Ghz @ 3.4Ghz
    Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
    16X LiteOn Black DVDROM
    TBSC sound card
    Onboard LAN

Then again, we're not as worried about who wins and loses, more just the fact that it'll be a blast for our two teams to play. It ought to be a lotta fun...

I don't think we are too. But it will be better to hash out a few minor issues like this...

The reason, I brought this up is my Cox connection is not as great as it used to be after I moved.

RB
    Games I play

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

You said it my friend..... this is for the fun of it, not the score. After all, we know we're gonna wipe the floor with [SS]

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

He's just saying that because he knows he's gonna win
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Originally posted by Lenny
    He's just saying that because he knows he's gonna win
    Nope, that's just the [SS] philosophy about all this. Win or lose, it's having fun while you're playing that's the whole point. If it was just about winning, I'd have cried to momma and ran home long ago...
    P4 2.8Ghz @ 3.4Ghz
    Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
    16X LiteOn Black DVDROM
    TBSC sound card
    Onboard LAN

Can someone explain how the overspill is gonna work? Is that for just [FF] or also [SS] ? Will the [FF] players on the overspill server still get to play anyone on [SS] ?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games