my fan on my geforce ddr is failing! i can hear it! its making me nervous.
    sometimes i hear it stop making noise, i then check to see if its working.
    somebody tell me a good place to pick something like this up.
    also got to pick up some more case fans, who was saying theres a 47cfm 80mm fan?

Cool

Spud, the Panaflo's 80mm fans and a great price on blue orbs at: http://www.millisec.com

They are the only place I know of that have the 47cfm Panaflo's. I think the Blue Orb is only $10.

Just FYI you can oil the fan if you want to take the time. You'll need silicon or teflon based oil but it -must- be non-conductive oil for electronics. You can buy it at Radio Shack or most electronics supply houses. I think the pencil type oiler from Radio Shack is like U.S. $2.00 and there's enough in one of those that chances are you'll lose the damn thing before you use it all up, as it only takes one or two drops to do the job. You have to remove the fan from the heat sink to oil it properly though. Other then that go with the BLORB, they're cheap, easy to install and quiet.

[Edited by Zwolf on 02-13-2001 at 10:30 AM]

blue orb

Does anyone have experinces in installing the blue orb on a geforce II card, in particular the Prophet II 64DDR.

I think it would a) boost performance and b) look damn s3xy on my card ????

Any advice?
    98 [+Atari ST]
    W2k AS
    Rhat 7 beta [2.2.17 kernel]
    -----------
    KT7-RAID
    900 TB
    256 Samsung pc133 Memory [Turbo/4way Inter./Cas3]
    Prophet II 64DDR Geforce 2
    Linksys Nic
    Maxtor 40GB HD 7200
    72x Kenwood CD
    HP 9310i CD-RW

I have mine on a CL G2 MX, not the same, but what you need to do is look at your card. If you have two holes in it on either side of the chipset your probably good to go. The Blorb comes with both the mounting pins to use in the holes and thermal tape if you don't have the holes. My one experience with thermal tape was, uh, bad, and I can't really recommend it as a viable solution. If your dead set on getting a Blorb and you don't have the holes you could use Arctic Silver epoxy, but you better really want that sucker because it's probably there for good.

Cool

I've got a Blorb on my Herc MX and the holes are there, it was very easy to install!!