switching between headphones and 4.1 system

hi guys, i am looking for a way to easily switch between headphones and my 4.1 system for gaming/music/movies. is there any kind of signal switch that can do this? the audio components are an audigy 2 zs, altec lansing 4.1 system, and the zalman 5.1 headphones. its getting old constant having to crawl under my desk to unplug cables. another option i was considering was getting a few 6' Y-splitters and just leaving them both plugged in most of the time. anyone else ever deal with this?

thanks,
    marc

Re: switching between headphones and 4.1 system

"Y" spliters are the way to go , I use 1 spliter between my stereo headphones and my front speakers of my 5.1 setup with 0 problems.

Ofcorse with your 5.1 phones you will need 3 spliters.
    Last edited by TERM.; 01-24-2006 at 09:12 PM.

eiter use Y splitters or extension cables to bring the plugs up front.
    Q6600
    8GB corsair XMS DDR2
    MSI K9N Platinum 780i
    2*Evga 8800GT at 650Mhz (factory)
    x-fi Platinum
    150GB Raptor, 2TB Others
    Corsair 650W PSU
    Lian Li PC65 case

Quote Originally Posted by skatanic28
    hi guys, i am looking for a way to easily switch between headphones and my 4.1 system for gaming/music/movies. is there any kind of signal switch that can do this? the audio components are an audigy 2 zs, altec lansing 4.1 system, and the zalman 5.1 headphones. its getting old constant having to crawl under my desk to unplug cables. another option i was considering was getting a few 6' Y-splitters and just leaving them both plugged in most of the time. anyone else ever deal with this?

thanks,
    marc
    If you have the altec lansing 880 series speakers id be interested in knowing how you got this done

thanks