Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Re: Speakers that will match Soundstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss
    As you can probably tell, I'm really not fussed on fantastic sound quality.

Cheers
    Dave
    you're WHAT?!!!!

Stay awhile.. we might just be able to convert ya

Which one should I buy to get more of nVIDIA's Soundstorm

Creative GD580 Dolby Pro Logic® II but no THX and only 47 watts RMS
    Logitech Z5300 THX no Dolby but 280 watts RMS (do this mean I have to still use Realtek onboard because it doesn't have Dolby?)
    Mozilla Firefox 2.0: Easy to use, simple yet customizable, and it's FREE. (Well, 2.0 is kinda suck actually, I went back to 1.5)

Rig II: HP Compaq dx6100MT (P4-520, 1GB, 40GB), Winfast Geforce 6600 128MB, Logitech diNovo (RF)'s Cordless Ultra-Flat, Logitech MX610, Kingston DataTraveler ReadyFlash 1GB, Windows Vista Ultimate. (WEI: 4.0)

Rig III: Mac Mini (1.66GHz, 1GB, 60GB), Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser for Mac, Mac OS X 10.4.10

Both sharing a GTC 17" TFT LCD Monitor

The Creatives would be the best match for Soundstorm.

The Z-5300 do not have a Dolby Digital Decoder.
    But IMO, I've not had good experiences with the Inspire series from Creative.
    My suggestion would be to get the new Z-5500 from Logitech or the Z-680 or get the Z-5300 and an Audigy 2

Cheers.

Could you suggest speaker set that have around total 60-100w RMS which have Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital, (and THX)?
    Mozilla Firefox 2.0: Easy to use, simple yet customizable, and it's FREE. (Well, 2.0 is kinda suck actually, I went back to 1.5)

Rig II: HP Compaq dx6100MT (P4-520, 1GB, 40GB), Winfast Geforce 6600 128MB, Logitech diNovo (RF)'s Cordless Ultra-Flat, Logitech MX610, Kingston DataTraveler ReadyFlash 1GB, Windows Vista Ultimate. (WEI: 4.0)

Rig III: Mac Mini (1.66GHz, 1GB, 60GB), Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser for Mac, Mac OS X 10.4.10

Both sharing a GTC 17" TFT LCD Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by lidistick
    The Creatives would be the best match for Soundstorm.

The Z-5300 do not have a Dolby Digital Decoder.
    But IMO, I've not had good experiences with the Inspire series from Creative.
    My suggestion would be to get the new Z-5500 from Logitech or the Z-680 or get the Z-5300 and an Audigy 2

Cheers.

well at the moment i have an abit nf7-SL nforce2 mobo with sstorm and im now waiting on ma z-5500s to be delivered.I hav bought the coaxial cables and adapter so as to connect to ma spdif output on ma sstorm n stuff...the thing i wanna know is how do i configure the nvmixer software so that it will detect the coaxial connection..also do i need to do anything hardware wise as well besides connecting them together?Thanks heaps hope to get help from u guys

you don't need coaxial cables IIRC. the NF7-S outputs the digital stream via OPTICAL cables.

All you need to do is in NVmixer
    1) enable digital output
    2) enable dolby digital ENcoding
    3) Create center channel
    4) Create LFE

Done

hi there just wanna ask u guys something.maybe its been discussed already but ma net is too slow to read thru everything.I now have a soundstorm SC with a abit nf7sl motherboard.I also just purchased the z-5500 speakers(logitech).I also bought a coax cable with the adapter on one end.Can someone please tell me the right configuration to plug in the speaker cables(the ones that came with the speakers) and the coax cable?Cos I tried pretty much every configuration could think of but it still cant detect any digital sound( Please please help im dying here with no digital sound.Thanks alot guys

i just say ur post lidstick abt doing everything from the nvmixer.Can you please elaborate further as i cant seem to find some of the things u mentioned in nvmixer.my nvmixer is ver 4.57 driver.thanks again

oh ya i dont hav optical cables...i only have the coax wich it cant detect no matter what i do

I believe the NF7-S only has optical digital output, not coax.

Great post - made me think i should perhaps make use of my soundstorm

I was wondering if anyone had used/heard "DK Digital AS-90" speakers? They are cheap (under £80) and the product description says "Built in DTS decoder" and "optical digital input" which suggests to me they would be fine with the Soundstorm...can anyone confirm this?

Here's a link:-
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=78842

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg
    Great post - made me think i should perhaps make use of my soundstorm

I was wondering if anyone had used/heard "DK Digital AS-90" speakers? They are cheap (under £80) and the product description says "Built in DTS decoder" and "optical digital input" which suggests to me they would be fine with the Soundstorm...can anyone confirm this?

Here's a link:-
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=78842
    Why thanks

I'd double check to make sure it decodes Dolby Digital and not just DTS. the Soundstorm APU encodes to Dolby digital and not DTS..

Cheers.

Ahh i see, cheers for the info, i'll see if the manufacturer can shed any light

Alright, looks like I should have read this thread before I bought my speakers. I have an A7N8x-deluxe mobo that has soundstorm. I just bought a set of Logitech X-530 speakers seen here http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16836121118. I haven't even set them up yet. So to get true surround sound, what are my options? Buy a reciever? PCI sound card? Any help you all can provide is greatly appreciated as I'm lacking in audio knowledge.
    A7N8X Deluxe v 2.00
    2x corsair 3500 256 (512 total) slots 1 & 3
    XP1700+ DLT3C 307 1.5V(NO OC YET)
    Slk 800 + Thermaltake smart fan II
    Maxtor Diamondmax 80 gig
    ATI 9700pro AIW

get the Audigy 2 sound card.
    thing is, if you get a receiver, it'll cost more and you'll need new speakers!