Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169
Results 2,521 to 2,523 of 2523

Re: Folding Frogs Crap thread!

noorman is pretty spot on about it. 8 can be noticeably quicker than 7 and does use fewer resources but thatFisher-Price Metro/Modern/Tiled GUI is only useful on a touch screen. If you install one of the Classic Menu programs like Classic Menu or Stardock's Start 8 (among others) you can replicate the Win 7 GUI almost entirely. They will even boot directly to the traditional desktop and restore direct access to the COntrol Panel. The major difference is you don't have the Aero Interface look which makes it look like a 1980s GUI instead of a 21st century one.

http://www.howtogeek.com/127699/6-st...for-windows-8/ gives you some of the options for adding the classic menus to Win 7.

I still prefer 7 though, but I can live with 8 quite well if it has one of the classic start menus added. I only have 8 to provide support to users with it and I was able to get a couple of free licenses for it otherwise I would be totally 7 or Linux.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    noorman is pretty spot on about it. 8 can be noticeably quicker than 7 and does use fewer resources but thatFisher-Price Metro/Modern/Tiled GUI is only useful on a touch screen. If you install one of the Classic Menu programs like Classic Menu or Stardock's Start 8 (among others) you can replicate the Win 7 GUI almost entirely. They will even boot directly to the traditional desktop and restore direct access to the COntrol Panel. The major difference is you don't have the Aero Interface look which makes it look like a 1980s GUI instead of a 21st century one.

http://www.howtogeek.com/127699/6-st...for-windows-8/ gives you some of the options for adding the classic menus to Win 7.

I still prefer 7 though, but I can live with 8 quite well if it has one of the classic start menus added. I only have 8 to provide support to users with it and I was able to get a couple of free licenses for it otherwise I would be totally 7 or Linux.
    I know I can basically hack up windows 8 to turn it back into windows 7 with a faster boot time, but considering my PC is on 24/7, I have 16GB of ram, 4TB of HDD space and 360gb of SSD space, I don't feel as though it has much to offer me other than a headache.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Since it has been 2 years since the last post in this topic, and ~11 years since my last post on this site, here is one!

I was looking for the Folding Movie made here for team 734, and saw that the link seems to be broken.

Linky ---> http://folding.pcperpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html

Anyone got a new link to it that works? And a downloadable copy of it?

This is by far the best folding video I've ever seen, and I shared it with others to encourage them to try folding. There's a copy on YouTube, but the ending 30 seconds or so is cut off.

Anyone got a replacement link that works? Post it here and / or email me at loudmouthtim@hotmail.com . Thanks.
    See "Online Video", the newest webshow on the internet, only at www.loudmouthtim.com !