Page 165 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2523

Re: Folding Frogs Crap thread!

So some bad news. As of 10 PM or so tonight (after my running GPU's finish) I'm temporarily shutting down my folding farm. Lost my job last week and I can't justify the extra power bill running 24x7. The electricity to run the rigs plus the extra to cool off my home as the weather heats up is just too much. My average monthly electric bill is running upwards of $300 for a 3 BR apt. Once I'm gainfully employed again I'll start the rigs back up.

PS if anyone has any IT connections in NY City let me know
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Sorry to hear that Mr Z!!! Best on finding another job!!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

oh man that really sucks

Good luck in your job search, we need those rigs back online!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

sorry to hear you lost your job, zetachi, hope you find other employment real soon

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Bummer Z,

I feel your pain, as I am just recovering myself after 6 months without a job

well, its not quite the same as losing a job, but my i7 was crunching on a 6901 and for some reason TPF's were over an hour... double their normal time. Restarted the client and its back on track, but it was in slow-mode the whole time I was at work

Trust me, I do science

hard to really call this a true "Crap" moment, but I lost a bit of production today when my SR-2 client took a dive. Not sure what happened, but thankfully I didn't lose the WU (at 94% that would be a 120,000+ point loss ) To be fair, this rig had put in around 65 straight bigadv units, totalling approximately 8-9 million points without being restarted even once

Trust me, I do science

woke up to a BSOD this morning.. means that my bigadv that was cooking on my main rig missed the deadline. Theres 50k gone

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    woke up to a BSOD this morning.. means that my bigadv that was cooking on my main rig missed the deadline. Theres 50k gone
    Bummer

Out of curiosity, do you run the folding client on your main gaming rig or just on the folding rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you run the folding client on your main gaming rig or just on the folding rig?
    Both. I have 2 dedicated rigs (SR-2 and i7-970) and my gaming rig. I keep toying with turning it off on my gaming rig since the quad isn't putting out a huge amount of points relative to the other two and consumes about as much electricity since its overclocked higher (4.0 vs 3.6 on the other 2) and 45nm vs 32nm.. but its an addiction!

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Intrigued in getting started folding?

I have a "setup guide" if you decide to get serious.

blarg! my 970 is acting up. I can't tell exactly whats going on, but its not showing up on the network. Its got a unit sitting on it waiting to upload. the terminal window is saying it connected to assignment server and successfully loaded queue, but after that nothing happens.. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I wouldn't be surprised if its got something to do with my wonky router. I guess i'll have to tinker with it this afternoon.. i hope I don't lose the bonus on that WU.. especially if its a 6904

Trust me, I do science

blarg! my 970 is acting up. I can't tell exactly whats going on, but its not showing up on the network. Its got a unit sitting on it waiting to upload. the terminal window is saying it connected to assignment server and successfully loaded queue, but after that nothing happens.. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I wouldn't be surprised if its got something to do with my wonky router. I guess i'll have to tinker with it this afternoon.. i hope I don't lose the bonus on that WU.. especially if its a 6904
    You can drop coin for a 970 but wrestle with a router? Jeez, AA .... . (jk)

I had something similar once- but it turned out to be my POS security (McAfee). Jes a thought.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    You can drop coin for a 970 but wrestle with a router? Jeez, AA .... . (jk)

I had something similar once- but it turned out to be my POS security (McAfee). Jes a thought.
    Well i spent all my cash on hex-cores, what do you expect!

Ha, I wish I had a choice.. its my fios actiontec modem/router and the lan ports are busted. If it was up to me I'd have my own. The good news is that I called them and the tech was pretty quick to offer up a replacement after running a test or two and doing a quick loop-back test to confirm a phsyical problem.

also, I got the whole 970 rig for a steal

Trust me, I do science