Page 159 of 169 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2523

Re: Folding Frogs Crap thread!

maybe he's busy clean'n up da crapet after track'n in da poo!

I don't get drunk often, but darling wife and I enjoy a cocktail or two each evening.

I generally go with one and she has two.

But, then there are the nights we both have a bit more.

Doesn't help evening entertainment at all.

ASUS P5K-SE, Q6600, 2 GIG CORSAIR @2.7GHZ ATI X1900XT

Watch This Wonderful Movie about the benefits of Folding

sure can make for a better night's sleep though

Came home last night to the smell of burn circuits. My Biostar motherboard on my main rig burned up. I think I know where the Mosfets are now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by frosty22 View Post
    Came home last night to the smell of burn circuits. My Biostar motherboard on my main rig burned up. I think I know where the Mosfets are now. LOL

Ouch !!
    Here's hopin' the mobo is the only casualty,
    Had a similar burning smell here the other day too, only mine was coming from my wallet courtesy of the latest power bill,
    looks like you may start catching me a little more quickly from now on Frosty one, I know my phase change rig is a power hog but it's such a sweet running system I couldn't ditch it, so it looks like my 3 Linux quads will have to go, and be replaced by one "super rig" once all the bits are sold off, slowly gathering parts (and info) for an X38 based rig and 9xxx Cpu to keep the ppd up as much as I can but it looks like you'll be setting the ppd records from now on, best I may do is a record single rig ppd target of 5,000+ if the 10-15% boost in folding that the 12 meg cache 9xxx Cpu's are reported to give,
    I'll try to give you as good a race as I can for as long as I can, but if someone comes up with the right $$ for one of my Linux quads......
    Only real way I can stay in the game long term is regular hardware updates, but power costs are eating up way too much to allow that if I don't act soon, so now seems as good a time as any while the Q6600 rigs are still worth good $$.
    If I win the lottery though, all you'll see is a cloud of dust.
    Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Ouch !!
    Here's hopin' the mobo is the only casualty,
    Had a similar burning smell here the other day too, only mine was coming from my wallet courtesy of the latest power bill,
    looks like you may start catching me a little more quickly from now on Frosty one, I know my phase change rig is a power hog but it's such a sweet running system I couldn't ditch it, so it looks like my 3 Linux quads will have to go, and be replaced by one "super rig" once all the bits are sold off, slowly gathering parts (and info) for an X38 based rig and 9xxx Cpu to keep the ppd up as much as I can but it looks like you'll be setting the ppd records from now on, best I may do is a record single rig ppd target of 5,000+ if the 10-15% boost in folding that the 12 meg cache 9xxx Cpu's are reported to give,
    I'll try to give you as good a race as I can for as long as I can, but if someone comes up with the right $$ for one of my Linux quads......
    Only real way I can stay in the game long term is regular hardware updates, but power costs are eating up way too much to allow that if I don't act soon, so now seems as good a time as any while the Q6600 rigs are still worth good $$.
    If I win the lottery though, all you'll see is a cloud of dust.
    I'm going to sell some rigs off too....Right after I catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty22 View Post
    I'm going to sell some rigs off too....Right after I catch up.

Bought lottery ticket this afternoon too.
    Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

I now officially will never again buy an Antec power supply! Came home yesterday and the expensive one in Paige was dead. Unfortunately, my backup is another Antec that Office Depot gave $6 to take off their hands. (Mail-In rebate and on sale.)

Going to see if the old lady will let me go to Fry's and buy a Seasonic. (Spent $232 there yesterday, so it may be no!)
    Last edited by joeyg; 12-15-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Folding in memory of Joan Marie 10/16/1959 - 02/21/1968
    Requiescant in pacem

Quote Originally Posted by joeyg View Post
    I now officially will never againg buy an Antec power supply! Came home yesterday and the expensive on in Paige was dead. Unfortunately, my backup is another Antec that Office Depot gave $6 to take off their hands. (Mail-In rebate and on sale.)

Going to see if the old lady will let me go to Fry's and buy a Seasonic. (Spent $232 there yesterday, so it may be no!)

If you can find Fortron Source, they are very good too; used a lot in servers.

I had 2 ANTECs go dead on me; the first after ~3 months the 2nd after just under a year.
    When I asked the retailer, he told me they had lots of bad ones lately and they promoted the Fortron Source; I bought a 550 W version for this rig (Barton @3200+ speed ...

Last edited by noorman; 12-16-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: typo correction

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Its sad that Antec has pretty much gone downhill. There was a time I would only swear by thier PSU's but there have been too many reports of DOA ones recently that you have to really wonder about them.

Tagan is a good PSU. As is the already mentioned Seasonics and Fortrons. My Ultras are still churning and I was initially not sure about them. I would take another chance on one. I have an Antec Neo right now compliments of Liquid so knock on wood I hope it holds up.
    Low Speed, High Drag!
    Formerly a team 734 Folding Frog. (Might start up again soon)

My score is 2 Antecs expired, one in warranty the other not - now on my No NO NO list.

I've been happy with my 4 Corsair modulars
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

My adventures:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=448433

Short story: the PSU took out a CPU, HSF, 2 hard drives, an optical and mobo. 2nd Antec PSU that went south on me. The first one after 3 years, this one after 2 years. I don't mind PSUs dying, but when they take 500$ worth of parts with them...

I am officially Antec free household from now.
    Last edited by mr_raider; 12-16-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Going away over the Easter Weekend and won't be back until Monday and what WU's do I get today? A 3043 and a 3064 that won't be finished before I leave tomorrow morning. I'm down to connecting to the net via my Cell Phone (which isn't really that bad as I'm getting close to 1 meg service out of it) so I won't be here to upload them or download new ones until Monday when both of these will be expired. I ain't travelling that far without taking my cell phone with me so I can't leave it connected at home when I go.

If the supply of 2653's had kept coming I would have just been able to squeak these two in before I left, but these take at least three more hours to complete than the 2653's.

Oh well. What can you do. At least my ex-sister-in-law is a great cook so I'll get a few good meals out of the deal and get to spend some quality time with my youngest daughter and ex, although the daughter will be going through FaceBook withdrawal till she gets home.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Wink Re: Folding Frogs Crap thread!

Go enjoy your sister's cooking.

There will be more WUs to crank out when you get back.
    ASUS P5K-SE, Q6600, 2 GIG CORSAIR @2.7GHZ ATI X1900XT

Watch This Wonderful Movie about the benefits of Folding

Well, my second fastest dual core is down, HD blew up last night. Going to head to Goodwill and see if the have any more of those Dell OEM's available.

Folding in memory of Joan Marie 10/16/1959 - 02/21/1968
    Requiescant in pacem