Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's Lenny?

Originally posted by j1mb0b on 01-09-2004 at 08:02 PM
    Sounds great Len. Wish all the best in your move... I know how stressful moving can be.

Looks like a nice upload speed there too Particularly for 35/month
    You have a one track mind You know I'll help out as best I can once things settle down.

Good thing about the move is that I'll be in my old house a full week after closing so I plan to make several trips in the minivan to move boxes to the new house. Should make the UHaul move considerably easier.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

One thing I keep forgetting is that I have a 32 GB per month usage limit. I don't really download music, movies or anything like that, mostly just web surfing and the occassional game patch or demo download. I wonder how much a game server would have to be used to eat up that much bandwidth

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

We could probably help you find that out

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by dna on 01-09-2004 at 05:47 PM
    We could probably help you find that out
    you bet!!!!

Hmmm, let's see..... 32GB..... that's 256Gb which is approx 260000Kb. Let's say you need about 5kbps per player, that gives you about 52500 player-seconds or 14 1/2 player hours. Which really ain't much.

At least, I think that's right

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

Originally posted by j1mb0b on 01-09-2004 at 06:54 PM
    you bet!!!!

Hmmm, let's see..... 32GB..... that's 256Gb which is approx 260000Kb. Let's say you need about 5kbps per player, that gives you about 52500 player-seconds or 14 1/2 player hours. Which really ain't much.

lets all beat up Jim for acting smart again........................

I have trouble remembering which holes in my underwear are for my legs....

Talking Public Service Announcement

Thus Always To Tyrants

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by beatendown on 01-10-2004 at 06:08 AM
    I figure there's some emphasis missing on that sentence..... would be better written as

LOL @ wb..... great pic

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Originally posted by j1mb0b on 01-09-2004 at 08:54 PM
    you bet!!!!

I think you missed one conversion ...
    32GBytes = 256Gbits = 262,144 Mbits = 268,435,456 Kbits

UT2003 is more like 35kbps per player which gives you 7,669,584 player-seconds or 2,130 player-hours. Assume an average of 4 players on the server at all times then the server could run for 532 hours.

That figure sound a lot better to me
    But who knows if it's actually correct

you're right Len. And it does sound better.

My rigs My Games

ok...now lets all beatup Lenny for sounding smart.....

So... how was the move?

Originally posted by Coda on 01-21-2004 at 09:35 AM
    So... how was the move?
    LOL.... That's what I just asked

My rigs My Games

Well the move is done. I'm out of the old house for good I'm happy that's it's over now because the move was extremely difficult. Rented a 26 ft Uhaul on Sunday. The original plan was to move the smaller stuff on Sunday and call in professional movers to take whatever was left including the big heavy stuff on Monday. Well, at some point we decided it shouldn't be that difficult to move it all ourselves in the UHall. After 10 hours of hard labor, 2 full truckloads and 3 minivan loads I think I can say that decision probably wasn't the wisest Then spend half a day on Monday cleaning the old house and removing the last 2 minivan's full of stuff.

I could never have done it if it weren't for the help of my friends and members of my church. Not only did they work every bit as hard as I did but they brought food, helped us clean and even unpack. Amazing.

Now comes the unpacking stage. I took off work on Monday & Tuesday and managed to get about 25% of the stuff unpacked. Some important things are still missing like a N64 video game rental which was due back today! I'm sure it will turn up. Just a matter of 'when'.

My office is still completely unpacked. All computers are still disassembled. I have to get them together and sign up from some dial-up service to hold me over until I get cable installed which is still not 100% confirmed. Need to get commitment from a couple more neighbors. Also I'm not sure if the cable company will install underground in mid winter with 2 feet of snow setting on top of my frozen yard.

That sounds about like one of my normal moves. You'll never find that rental game until it's too late. Those last two minivan loads are just insult to injury, aren't they?

Now sometime next week you're going to remember the spare tire and the jack you left in the backyard.

LOL. No wonder everyone hates moving so much!

The video store said they will wave late fees until Friday which is a 2 day extension. The only thing I know we forgot are some dishes in the dishwasher On Monday when we cleaned the old house we ran the dishwasher and completely forgot to take our dishes out! But I think I can get them back from the new owners.

Of course the yard was snow covered on moving day so it's very possible something is still hiding under there.