Trouble Shooting a Creative Sound Card

When all else fails. Try this.

Do a clean install of your card. By that I mean go to Add/Remove Progams and get rid of all that Creative stuff.
    Then go to Start/Find/Files or Folders... and do a search for Creative and dump that.
    Power down and pull your card.
    Power up without the card in so that Windows "sees that there is no card in".
    Power down.
    Reinstall your card.
    Power up.
    Let Windows find it.
    Then using your original installation CD, select Custom and just put in SurroundMixer/AudioHQ/drivers. Uncheck everything else.
    Then go to Creatives site and download any updates by date issued.
    Then install updates in the order issued and reboot after each install.
    I've used that procedure for every Creative card I've had
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

yep ive had to do that before lol
    asus a7n8x deluxe (planning to mod)
    2500 barton@2.4ghz
    512 mb geil pc 3200
    9600 pro
    80 gb maxtor
    160 gb maxtor
    4 blue case fans
    2 cc
    custom watercooling setup

Folding for a Cause

Very helpful, though I've never had to do it.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Sweet. I'll be doing that ASAP. My SBLIVE! X-Gamer HATES all of my pro audio mixing software. I'll be replacing it with a card that uses zero latency monitoring, and ASIO 2.0 drivers. (M-Audio!)
    "The Heart of the Machine is evolving, the Soul has emerged, and all who embrace it will reach Technotic Nirvana." ~ Nos Tehbi Book of the Teknos.

Yeah i had trouble shooting my Creative card too, turns out i was all out of ammo.
    -Zeejay

also:
    if using the "mps uniprocessor pc" or "acpi uniprocessor pc" HALs, it is advisable to reinstall xp with the "advanced configuration and power management pc" or "standard pc" hal to give you more control over IRQ's.

a BIG thing is people don't understand the IRQ routing table for their boards. EVERY device is put into one of only FOUR resource groups. this is hard-wired. windows may say things don't conflict when they do. you should look in your manual for the routing table. it is generall y 4 lines long. Often, 2 pci slots are bound to each other. it is advised to put the sound card in one and leave the other empty. also, KNOW which group the agp is in and leave those slots EMPTY.
    Q6600
    8GB corsair XMS DDR2
    MSI K9N Platinum 780i
    2*Evga 8800GT at 650Mhz (factory)
    x-fi Platinum
    150GB Raptor, 2TB Others
    Corsair 650W PSU
    Lian Li PC65 case

Originally posted by steven975 on 02-05-2004 at 12:14 PM

a BIG thing is people don't understand the IRQ routing table for their boards. EVERY device is put into one of only FOUR resource groups. this is hard-wired. windows may say things don't conflict when they do. you should look in your manual for the routing table. it is generally 4 lines long. Often, 2 pci slots are bound to each other. it is advised to put the sound card in one and leave the other empty. also, KNOW which group the agp is in and leave those slots EMPTY.
    Very important info. Especially with Creative. Thanx Steven.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Might add something more, download driver cleaner 2.7 from here
    http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/...C2Setup_27.zip

I used this and it is an excellent software for removing all the left out registry entries or file left out in the system directory. It is very useful in removing all the creative installation files and registry entires if an installation of creative drivers goes bad. Please try this out, it is also helpful in removing ATI, Nvidia, turtle beach, Soundstorm and a lot other drivers from your system.
    -------------------------------------------
    king

Re: Trouble Shooting a Creative Sound Card

Quote Originally Posted by steven975
    also:
    if using the "mps uniprocessor pc" or "acpi uniprocessor pc" HALs, it is advisable to reinstall xp with the "advanced configuration and power management pc" or "standard pc" hal to give you more control over IRQ's.

a BIG thing is people don't understand the IRQ routing table for their boards. EVERY device is put into one of only FOUR resource groups. this is hard-wired. windows may say things don't conflict when they do. you should look in your manual for the routing table. it is generall y 4 lines long. Often, 2 pci slots are bound to each other. it is advised to put the sound card in one and leave the other empty. also, KNOW which group the agp is in and leave those slots EMPTY.
    Quote Originally Posted by vapor matt
    If you have your BIOS with "ACPI enabled" AND installed your OS (without using F5) AND "ACPI" is listed incorrectly in device manager AND you have "system lockups" then maybe the following will work for you ?! (

Goto "Device Manager"
    Double click "Computer"
    Double click "ACPI Uniprocessor"
    Select the "Driver" tab
    Select "Update Driver"
    Select "Install from list"
    Click "NEXT"
    Select "Dont search I will choose"
    Click "NEXT"
    From the list displayed select "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (PC) ACPI" and apply the settings.

You will now be prompted to restart the system.
    When you get back to windows the drivers will be installed and you will be told to restart the system again.

If this fixes your problem then smile.
    also try this.. found this on the DFI forums.

Thumbs up Re: Trouble Shooting a Creative Sound Card

Great info!

Good to see this put in plain text, IAGD

Live, the way it was meant to be played.

I have done just that due to wanting to put in the pci thats free not shared but I by mistake was not in the right one LOL. It was befor I got glasses till after
    ASUS Sabertoothz77 T.U.F Series
    Intel i7 3770K 3.5@4.2 4/8 8mb
    32GB DDR 1600 Overclocked Corsair Vengence
    2 Superclocked EVGA GTX 680s instead stock 1008/6008 @1088/6200 befoe I oc it
    2 raid 0 120x2 SSD Corsair Force GT and 60x2 SSD OCZ A III 1 x SSD to speed up external 2TB
    24in 19by12 32in & 65in 1900by1080P
    Logitech Z5500 5.1 505 watt all optical on SB X-fi 5.1 external