I'm try'n to o/c my athlon 800, on an asus a7v (rev 1.02, bios 1006).
so far i've: pencil'd in my L1 bridges and unlocked the cpu, upgraded to a 300w amd cert. psu, upgraded cooling, and mod'd case w/5 fans.
i first try'd upping the vcore to 1.65 (from 1.5v) that ran a few hours stable so i try'd to boot to bios to up the fsb, but it hung and i got a black screen before i could set the fsb
then after about 10mins i booted up and it reset the vcore back to 1.5 (default)
next day i try'd jumping multipliers to 8.5 and same problem (i try'd to boot to bios to up the fsb, but it hung and i got a black screen before i could set the fsb)
samething happens when i up'd the fsb,..
amd athlon 800@847
maxtor ata/100 45gig
256mb crucial pc133 cas-2 ram
voodoo 3 3500tv
sb live! value
300w deer psu
56x samsung cd-rom
12/10/32 aopen cdrw
4x toshiba dvd
100w generic psu (for fans)
full tower w/120mm blow hole
120mm front intake
2x80mm intakes on side panal 3x80mm output in back