Angry

I'm try'n to o/c my athlon 800, on an asus a7v (rev 1.02, bios 1006).
    so far i've: pencil'd in my L1 bridges and unlocked the cpu, upgraded to a 300w amd cert. psu, upgraded cooling, and mod'd case w/5 fans.
    i first try'd upping the vcore to 1.65 (from 1.5v) that ran a few hours stable so i try'd to boot to bios to up the fsb, but it hung and i got a black screen before i could set the fsb
    then after about 10mins i booted up and it reset the vcore back to 1.5 (default)
    next day i try'd jumping multipliers to 8.5 and same problem (i try'd to boot to bios to up the fsb, but it hung and i got a black screen before i could set the fsb)
    samething happens when i up'd the fsb,..
    any advise?
    thx
    klumbz
    asus a7v
    amd athlon 800@847
    fop38
    WinMe
    maxtor ata/100 45gig
    256mb crucial pc133 cas-2 ram
    voodoo 3 3500tv
    sb live! value
    300w deer psu
    56x samsung cd-rom
    12/10/32 aopen cdrw
    4x toshiba dvd
    100w generic psu (for fans)
    full tower w/120mm blow hole
    120mm front intake
    2x80mm intakes on side panal 3x80mm output in back

p.s. my bios resets my vcore to 1.5v, it says its the "optimal" vcore setting,
    any ideas why?
    asus a7v
    amd athlon 800@847
    fop38
    WinMe
    maxtor ata/100 45gig
    256mb crucial pc133 cas-2 ram
    voodoo 3 3500tv
    sb live! value
    300w deer psu
    56x samsung cd-rom
    12/10/32 aopen cdrw
    4x toshiba dvd
    100w generic psu (for fans)
    full tower w/120mm blow hole
    120mm front intake
    2x80mm intakes on side panal 3x80mm output in back

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

Wink

i think what is happening, is that when board boots in jumperless, it must boot at processor default value until it gets through bios to load these values. so if you overclock, initially it will try to boot at lower default value, and since default voltage is not high enough to run overclock it hangs system (or something like that...least thats my understanding.

what i did to work around this was to close the L7 bridges in order to increase the default voltage (see chart in link below).

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q3/000711/amd-03.html

hope this helps. if i were you, i would consider going to auto store(i went to autozone) and buy a defogger trace repair kit(conductive paint) to close your L1 and L7
    bridges. much more permanent, and seems to work better.

good luck!

Klumbz,
    Use jumper mode, youll have better success OC-ing the A7V board,and a lot more stable,don't get to disappointed if you cannot OC very far, some of the 800's where not known to OC that far, I'm using the same MB & Proc.believe me I've tried every combination out there, able to get to 950mhz stable, an extra 150mhz is not bad. Here's a link with a short guide on OC-ing the A7V, http://members.tripod.de/Juggernaut/...king/index.htm
    Good Luck