Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 89
  1. #16
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,606
    When you boot the system, what version is the VIA BIOS UTILITY?

    Mine is 2.2 which is the most recent.

    Before I hacked it, Soyo was still using 1.2 which is the original release back in June.

    And you were using NTFS and got those scores for ATTO? Damn, I must be doing something wrong...lol...don't have as much time on my hands as I used to, so its' all good.

    Later,
    Oz
    Rig:

    Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma @ 3360 Ghz @ 1.475V (14.5x223)
    (NB: 2240, HT: 2015)
    Gigabyte MA-790X-UD4P
    Sparkle GeForce 9800 GTX+ (755core, 1350 mem)
    Onboard sound (yuck)
    4GBs Mushkin DDR800 (6/6/6/18/24 @ 928mhz)
    2x74GBs RAID 0
    2xWD 1TB HD RAID 1
    Plexter DVD Burner
    Rosewill 530W

  2. #17
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    36,161
    Originally posted by ozzy983 on 11-23-2003 at 07:57 PM
    When you boot the system, what version is the VIA BIOS UTILITY?

    Mine is 2.2 which is the most recent.

    Before I hacked it, Soyo was still using 1.2 which is the original release back in June.

    And you were using NTFS and got those scores for ATTO? Damn, I must be doing something wrong...lol...don't have as much time on my hands as I used to, so its' all good.

    Later,
    Oz
    yup...those scores were on a NTFS file system

    not sure what thee via bios version is off the top of my head...never payed attention to it. when i get the ghost program...i will reboot and check it. can you PM me or email the necessary info on how to hack in the latest bios?
    hmm...

  3. #18
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,606
    Depends who makes the BIOS with the utilty it uses, and in a lot of cases it wouldn't pass the checksum...very difficult.

    Later,
    Oz
    Rig:

    Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma @ 3360 Ghz @ 1.475V (14.5x223)
    (NB: 2240, HT: 2015)
    Gigabyte MA-790X-UD4P
    Sparkle GeForce 9800 GTX+ (755core, 1350 mem)
    Onboard sound (yuck)
    4GBs Mushkin DDR800 (6/6/6/18/24 @ 928mhz)
    2x74GBs RAID 0
    2xWD 1TB HD RAID 1
    Plexter DVD Burner
    Rosewill 530W

  4. #19
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    36,161
    Originally posted by ozzy983 on 11-23-2003 at 08:08 PM
    Depends who makes the BIOS with the utilty it uses, and in a lot of cases it wouldn't pass the checksum...very difficult.

    Later,
    Oz
    well...in that case...not that i couldnt do it...but i will pass because really cant afford to replace a mobo right now...
    hmm...

  5. #20
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,606
    Not the entire mobo, just the BIOS chip...either way, if yours has a bootblock, then you shouldn't have a problem, even if it doesn't go bad...more often than not, the system just won't flash to that BIOS...because teh checksum fails.

    Later,
    oz
    Rig:

    Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma @ 3360 Ghz @ 1.475V (14.5x223)
    (NB: 2240, HT: 2015)
    Gigabyte MA-790X-UD4P
    Sparkle GeForce 9800 GTX+ (755core, 1350 mem)
    Onboard sound (yuck)
    4GBs Mushkin DDR800 (6/6/6/18/24 @ 928mhz)
    2x74GBs RAID 0
    2xWD 1TB HD RAID 1
    Plexter DVD Burner
    Rosewill 530W

  6. #21
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,718
    Hey Wise,
    If you haven't ordered the imaging software yet, get this:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3806

    I ordered mine from ebay and it brings a ton of goodies including Ghost 2003 which works with NTFS. 2002 only worked on fat32 partitions.
    AND Phenom X3 8650
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo
    Sapphire HD3870 vid card
    2 GB PC 6400 DDR2
    74GB Raptor
    320 Seagate SATA HDD
    500W Fortron Blue Storm PSU

  7. #22
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    36,161
    Originally posted by perdomot on 11-24-2003 at 07:25 AM
    Hey Wise,
    If you haven't ordered the imaging software yet, get this:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3806

    I ordered mine from ebay and it brings a ton of goodies including Ghost 2003 which works with NTFS. 2002 only worked on fat32 partitions.
    thanks for the link perdomot

    i havent gotten an imaging proggy yet...going out today to snag system works 2k4 pro...i know the one you linked too is only 13 bones, but im all about getting the latest...especially when it comes to my data...not to mention i heard 2k4 works in windows and handles raid better.
    hmm...

  8. #23
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,718
    Wise,
    DO NOT get the 2004 version because it contains the 2003 version of Ghost. There is no 2004 version out yet. The 2003 version of SWK that I showed you has the 2003 Ghost in it, plus the Liveupdate feature keeps you prepared. Don't waste your money, bro. Here's the official link about raid from Symantec.

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...st&svy=&csm=no
    AND Phenom X3 8650
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo
    Sapphire HD3870 vid card
    2 GB PC 6400 DDR2
    74GB Raptor
    320 Seagate SATA HDD
    500W Fortron Blue Storm PSU

  9. #24
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    36,161
    Originally posted by perdomot on 11-24-2003 at 09:01 AM
    Wise,
    DO NOT get the 2004 version because it contains the 2003 version of Ghost. There is no 2004 version out yet. The 2003 version of SWK that I showed you has the 2003 Ghost in it, plus the Liveupdate feature keeps you prepared. Don't waste your money, bro. Here's the official link about raid from Symantec.

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...st&svy=&csm=no
    interesting read. is there an imaging utility that does officially support raid?
    hmm...

  10. #25
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,718
    I believe Drive Image does suport some raid. I've got it but prefer to run Ghost because I use the diskettes that the program makes and the Ghost diskette is much more intuitive. If you've got Partition Magic 8, I'll trade with you
    AND Phenom X3 8650
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo
    Sapphire HD3870 vid card
    2 GB PC 6400 DDR2
    74GB Raptor
    320 Seagate SATA HDD
    500W Fortron Blue Storm PSU

  11. #26
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Age
    46
    Posts
    36,161
    Originally posted by perdomot on 11-24-2003 at 09:09 AM
    I believe Drive Image does suport some raid. I've got it but prefer to run Ghost because I use the diskettes that the program makes and the Ghost diskette is much more intuitive. If you've got Partition Magic 8, I'll trade with you
    i dont have PM software at all. was looking into that avenue as well...im on the site for drive image now. trying to find out if it will backup raid arrays but im not finding anything.
    hmm...

  12. #27
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,718
    Just type in raid.
    AND Phenom X3 8650
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo
    Sapphire HD3870 vid card
    2 GB PC 6400 DDR2
    74GB Raptor
    320 Seagate SATA HDD
    500W Fortron Blue Storm PSU

  13. #28
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    13,940
    I just came across this it's called CasperXP. It claims to support everything. I have never heard any comments on it so I'm going to have to waite and see if anyone else has used it first.

  14. #29
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,718
    Never heard of this company. The prgram reminds me of the one from Acronis. I tried it and it seemed to work but running the program from Windows worries me. If veterans like Powerquest and Symantec still have to reboot to DOS, how can the noobs work from windows?
    AND Phenom X3 8650
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo
    Sapphire HD3870 vid card
    2 GB PC 6400 DDR2
    74GB Raptor
    320 Seagate SATA HDD
    500W Fortron Blue Storm PSU

  15. #30
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Tulsa, Ok
    Posts
    13,940
    I just downloaded a trial of it. I seems that it can just make a mirror copy of a drive. Does not seem to make a storable ghost image.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •