Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Lefties bashing the war doesn't make the soldiers feel like ••••. I don't envy their job, but it is a job. The US has a professional army. It also has a political system that needs people to represent both sides. Good of Dubya to head over there. I'm sure it cheered up a bunch of people over there.

Originally posted by afalzone on 11-27-2003 at 10:06 PM
    Lefties bashing the war doesn't make the soldiers feel like ••••. I don't envy their job, but it is a job. The US has a professional army. It also has a political system that needs people to represent both sides. Good of Dubya to head over there. I'm sure it cheered up a bunch of people over there.
    No its not a job its much more then that what JOB ask you to potentially die in defense of something? Or to leave your family
    "It is the soldier,not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    It is the soldier, not the campus organizer , who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin
    is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
    ~Unknown

My Family! \ My280+Heat\My Systems
    15K 3dmarks in 3dmark06! \
    Pics of my Comps

Originally posted by afalzone on 11-27-2003 at 08:06 PM
    Lefties bashing the war doesn't make the soldiers feel like ••••.
    Thats one of the most rediculous comments i've heard in a while. It been proven in the past, especially during vietnam that the bashing by politicians as well as the anti-war hippies, hurts moral. When soldiers know that there is a large movement back home who don't support what they are doing, its a downer.

Originally posted by Airmanv on 11-27-2003 at 10:47 PM
    No its not a job its much more then that what JOB ask you to potentially die in defense of something? Or to leave your family
    Law enforcement.

Fire fighting.

Defense Industry (my profession).

Others, also lay it on the line every day.

This isn't to take ANYTHING away from our Armed Forces. My highest honor was to wear the uniform - under a sworn oath to our president.....
    Last edited by SteveW; 11-28-2003 at 12:37 AM.

Airmanv, Robert, SteveW... it sounds like all three of you either served or are serving in the armed forces. I just want to give y'all a big arsed heart felt thank you. Not just 'cause it's Thanksgiving either, but because your service is appreciated... big time.

Originally posted by afalzone on 11-27-2003 at 10:06 PM
    I don't envy their job, but it is a job. The US has a professional army. It also has a political system that needs people to represent both sides. Good of Dubya to head over there. I'm sure it cheered up a bunch of people over there.
    Obviously you have never been in the military. I challenge you to name one job that:
    • [1]Like Airmanv mentioned, asks you to potentially die in defense of something
      [2]Takes you away from your family for days, months, years
      [3]Has it's own judical system, police force, medical care system, and a jail/prison system.
      [4]Requires you to be physically fit and can terminate your eployment if you aren't
      [5]Has rules governing the type/way you have sex
      [6]Can fire you if you don't pay your bills
      [7]Has rules that govern your conduct/appearance/life style while at work as well as while not at work
      [8]Will send the authorities after you if you stop going to work

I could go on, but it's late.

Oh and the fact that Bush spent Thanksgiving it Bagdad is cool...but IMO the way he did it was really cool.

Originally posted by Dutchcedar on 11-27-2003 at 09:55 PM
    Airmanv, Robert, SteveW... it sounds like all three of you either served or are serving in the armed forces. I just want to give y'all a big arsed heart felt thank you. Not just 'cause it's Thanksgiving either, but because your service is appreciated... big time.

for Dubya

Thus Always To Tyrants

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    I can't believe he did this... When I first heard about it I was shocked... I don't know how he got his protection detail to go along with it, man...

Can you imagine? Sure it was the greatest thing in the world to do for the troops over there, but think of the damage to his security detail over here! The Security guys must've had a mass simultaneous heart attack when they got the word!

It may just be a guy thing, but that just rocks my world... the only thing he could have done to make it more extreme is to fly the d@mned jet himself. Heh.... who knows, he may have taken a right hand seat for a few, too 'nStuff.

But I tell ya, I'm still shaking my head in wonder. Full marks, W.

The president visiting his troops doesn't impress me all that much. The fact that a man choose to leave his family on the day when family means so much, over a gruelling possibly deadly voyage, for nothing more than an opportunity to understand the loneliness our troops are feeling today, and spent that day serving the men that spend their lives serving us, THAT means alot.

Hey Fluff, that sig it's from Discworld? What book? I don't remember reading that one.

Originally posted by Robert3 on 11-27-2003 at 02:44 PM
    CNN report
    Having spent some time in uniform, I've got to give him his props for that. Knowing how such a trip can strengthen the hearts and resolve of the troops, I don't mind saying reading the report brought a tear to my eye. I've got to say "Damn good job!".
    But, this isn't enough to convince me we should reelect him..........
    Not being a fan George's presidency, but having spent time in the military, I think that what he did was nothing less than awesome. When he stood at the podium, welling up, fighting back tears, brought tears to my eyes. Job well done George.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Originally posted by mostholycerebus on 11-28-2003 at 02:22 AM
    Hey Fluff, that sig it's from Discworld? What book? I don't remember reading that one.
    "Hogfather"

Hey on the flip side could ya see Bill Clinton doing this? HAHAHAHAHA
    "It is the soldier,not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    It is the soldier, not the campus organizer , who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin
    is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
    ~Unknown

My Family! \ My280+Heat\My Systems
    15K 3dmarks in 3dmark06! \
    Pics of my Comps

Originally posted by Airmanv on 11-28-2003 at 09:06 AM
    Hey on the flip side could ya see Bill Clinton doing this? HAHAHAHAHA
    Gore & Hillary over there with him........all getting laughed at!!!!!!

Gore would come back and take credit for inventing "Low Observability Stealth Technology", "FLIR" and "Night Vision Goggles".......

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!