Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by Airmanv on 11-28-2003 at 10:06 AM
    Hey on the flip side could ya see Bill Clinton doing this? HAHAHAHAHA
    My favorite visual is Ted Kennedy....I can just picture him trying to fly 4 blocks of Hyannisport with him

Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 11-28-2003 at 09:20 AM
    My favorite visual is Ted Kennedy....I can just picture him trying to fly 4 blocks of Hyannisport with him
    Visualizing 10 cases of Cutty Sark in the cargo hold of his plane.......just to take the "Edge" off things......

There's a real "Professional" loser.
    Last edited by SteveW; 11-28-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Now Gentlemen, to be fair, ya gotta remember... the Junior Senator from New York State WAS in Afghanistan. And it is all of the war zone Iraq is today.

Perhaps not as dramatic, but deserving of props. (and yes, it hurts me to say that 'nStuff.)

Fluff for some reason I feel like her trip was publicty and GW's was heartfelt..jusy my opinion
    "It is the soldier,not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    It is the soldier, not the campus organizer , who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin
    is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
    ~Unknown

My Family! \ My280+Heat\My Systems
    15K 3dmarks in 3dmark06! \
    Pics of my Comps

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff on 11-28-2003 at 10:33 AM
    Now Gentlemen, to be fair, ya gotta remember... the Junior Senator from New York State WAS in Afghanistan. And it is all of the war zone Iraq is today.

Perhaps not as dramatic, but deserving of props. (and yes, it hurts me to say that 'nStuff.)
    Yup. She handled it with her usual "style"

http://home.earthlink.net/~dare2b/hillary.jpg

"It is the soldier,not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    It is the soldier, not the campus organizer , who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin
    is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
    ~Unknown

My Family! \ My280+Heat\My Systems
    15K 3dmarks in 3dmark06! \
    Pics of my Comps

Fatassed ankles and all......

OK. Now Ill be a good mod for the rest of the day. Ive used up my humor quota.

Originally posted by Airmanv on 11-28-2003 at 07:37 AM
    Fluff for some reason I feel like her trip was publicty and GW's was heartfelt..jusy my opinion
    Publicity stunt or no, Afghanistan is still a war zone... and she went to the troops on Thanksgiving day. You may or may not know, but I think most of the plans she has for America, or at least the ones she publicly puts forward, are extremely detrimental to America, Americans, and the World.

And even if what she did was for publicity purposes, or campaign purposes later on... what she did helped the troops. I mean, not ALL of the military is Conservative; Gen. Eisenhower was a Democrat**, Wes Clark is a Democrat, Pres. Carter served as a Lt. in the Submarine Navy, and was as liberal as they come. So I'm sure she found a few members of the military who's service was enhanced by her presence.

And for that, if for that alone, I must thank her.

** Actually, he wasn't... I've been corrected, see below!
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 11-28-2003 at 06:37 PM.

Eh, Fluff? Wasn't Eisenhower a Republican?
    Epox 8RDA w/ 512 MB TwinMOS PC3200 (2x256MB)-=-Athlon XP 1700+ JIUHB:0310WPMW @ 2,305 (1.775v) 11.5 x 200 FSB-=-Antec ATX12V 400W PSU-=-Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro @ 412/358-=-SB Live 5.1-=-Linksys NIC-=-Pioneer DVD-ROM drive-=-WD 'SE' 80GB-=-Chieftec Case w/ four 80 mm fans-=-WinXP Pro

Watercooled: D-Tek White Water-=-DD Maze4 GPU-=-1972 Chevy K10 Pickup heatercore-=-2x120mm Evercool fans-=-HydorL30-=-1/2 ID Clearflex60-=-Zerex coolant

He was... and his V.P. was Richard Milhouse Nixon.

I'm soooo tempted to take a cheap shot at Billary's M.E. visit, but she's doing something commendable. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Originally posted by Chris Of Death on 11-28-2003 at 10:42 AM
    Eh, Fluff? Wasn't Eisenhower a Republican?
    He was more of a Democrat... but he ran as a Republican (in his words) to ensure the survival of the two party system... after FDR, the Republican Party had become a shadow of its former self, and wouldn't really recover until Buckley got noisy.

But yeah... he was a Republican as President. My bad. I was thinking 'Left Winger' and mixed it up in my wee little head.
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 11-28-2003 at 06:37 PM.

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff on 11-28-2003 at 11:18 AM
    Publicity stunt or no, Afghanistan is still a war zone... and she went to the troops on Thanksgiving day. You may or may not know, but I think most of the plans she has for America, or at least the ones she publicly puts forward, are extremely detrimental to America, Americans, and the World.

And even if what she did was for publicity purposes, or campaign purposes later on... what she did helped the troops. I mean, not ALL of the military is Conservative; Gen. Eisenhower was a Democrat**, Wes Clark is a Democrat, Pres. Carter served as a Lt. in the Submarine Navy, and was as liberal as they come. So I'm sure she found a few members of the military who's service was enhanced by her presence.

And for that, if for that alone, I must thank her.

** Actually, he wasn't... I've been corrected, see below!
    Ya fergot John Kennedy & PT-109.
    Last edited by SteveW; 11-29-2003 at 03:23 PM.

Uncommon valor. What is it and how would one describe it?

Words like courage, inner strength, and unselfish sacrifice come to mind. These words barely scratch the surface of the concept. Throughout history a few great people have risen to the challenges of the moment and overcome great obstacles in peace, war, and disaster.

Last edited by NOGO; 11-29-2003 at 02:40 PM.

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff on 11-28-2003 at 10:33 AM

Credit where its due.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104618,00.html