Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Dubbya eats turkey in Bagdad

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore
    You guys do realise this is a bumped thread from last year right?
    acually, i remembered this thread from lastyear, but i thought he went over there again, and someone either bumped this thread, or made a new one.

I was just pissed off that he will go over there, eat in front of the starved soldiers, but then go back home, and make them fight in a war that most of them dont believe in.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by victimizati0n
    acually, i remembered this thread from lastyear, but i thought he went over there again, and someone either bumped this thread, or made a new one.

I was just pissed off that he will go over there, eat in front of the starved soldiers, but then go back home, and make them fight in a war that most of them dont believe in.
    Ya, I'm sure all of the soldiers over there are just starving to death . If in fact most of them don't believe in what they are fighting for (more BS) then I guess their screwed huh? They definitely don't have a say in the matter.

As for why Bush didn't go over there this year? It's one thing when the enemy doesn't expect you to be there, but quite another if they think you might be. All it would take is one lucky sniper or a guy with a rocket launcher to be somewhere near Bush's vicinity.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by victimizati0n

Huh? Starved soldiers? War they don't believe in??? What are you on boy?

Are you going to continue your lies day after day or what?

it's turkey time again.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104246,00.html

The timing of the trip was by its very nature assured to give Bush maximum PR exposure, coming on a day when most Americans were relaxing at home, many watching football games, when the announcement came. Some networks interrupted programming with news of the journey.

bb

IMO he doesn't spend enough time in Bagdhad.
    Nuke em'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    IMO he doesn't spend enough time in Bagdhad.
    Agreed.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    "More worthless commentary from the word salad king and wannabe hall monitor who lies about his own posts..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Taint +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
    MIA

Like any other prez spent crap loads of time in a war zone the last one was probably Abraham Lincoln.

Maybe next year we can get Billery and moma nancy to mingle around Iraq or Afghanistan.Better yet I bet Kerry would receive a real warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Like any other prez spent crap loads of time in a war zone the last one was probably Abraham Lincoln.

Maybe next year we can get Billery and moma nancy to mingle around Iraq or Afghanistan.Better yet I bet Kerry would receive a real warm welcome.
    None of them would be worth a sh!t. (not talking Lincoln)

However, it still doesn't excuse W's blunders.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    "More worthless commentary from the word salad king and wannabe hall monitor who lies about his own posts..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Taint +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
    MIA

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3 View Post
    CNN report
    Having spent some time in uniform, I've got to give him his props for that. Knowing how such a trip can strengthen the hearts and resolve of the troops, I don't mind saying reading the report brought a tear to my eye. I've got to say "Damn good job!".
    But, this isn't enough to convince me we should reelect him..........

He Can't be re-elected..

Posted on 11-27-2003, 03:44 PM

Troop morale boosted by surprise visit from First Dog

But the visit's highlight was the First Dog's encounter with soldiers, who were clearly taken with his presence. Sitting with his head cocked to one side, he listened intently to the soldiers' concerns before receiving a treat and a pat on the head. Barney showed further solidarity with the troops by accepting an impromptu invitation to a belated Thanksgiving feast, during which he impressed servicemen and women with his hearty, nondiscriminating appetite.

The First Dog also received a tummy rub courtesy of the 100th Infantry Battalion.

Barney's appearance marks the first time a high-ranking Bush Administration official has toured the war-torn nation since Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's visit in April.

bb

that is pretty cool.

witht he lefties bashing the war and making our soldiers feel like @(!#, it's good to have someone boasting their morale..
    Prediction for the day: Lefties will call it a waste of money and a political photo-op... then compare it to landing on an aircraft carrier and hanging a banner...
    so where has he been the few years. no need for morale boosting or just no need for a photo op?

Bush 'pardons' his last Thanksgiving turkey

"In recent weeks, I've talked a lot about sprinting to the finish. Yet I've assured these turkeys they will not be trotting to their finish," Bush said on the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday, his last before his term ends in January.
    sorry missed last year's trip on the way back machine but so did king george.

bb
    Last edited by baghdad bob; 11-27-2008 at 12:41 PM.

It's ok bb.. we did not miss the C&P.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

it's turkey time again and trump's nowhere to be seen with his troops. not his bone spurs acting up because he's been golfing.

must be he's afraid of flying shoes.

27 Times the Commander-in-Chief Visited a Combat Zone

Our fragile President

he President's need for safe spaces is not just a matter of campaign strategy. In March, USA Today noted that Trump had seen less of the country than any president in 40 years. Whenever possible Trump has traveled to his own properties -- the Mar-a-Lago resort is a favorite -- where he can surround himself with sycophants, rest in his own comfy bed and tweet insults at the people he fears.
    Although he talks tough, Trump has yet to leave his comfort zone to make a visit to a war zone to visit US troops -- the men and women fighting for America. Except for Kennedy, every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt has performed this duty. President Barack Obama did it a little over two months into his first term.
    The Washington Post reported Monday that Trump "has spoken privately about his fears over risks to his own life, according to a former senior White House official." The unnamed official said, "He's afraid of those situations. He's afraid people want to kill him."
    bb