PowerStrip = immidiate artifacts

i have a sapphire 9600pro
    i wanted to try overclocking it
    rage 3d didnt seem to work. the card didnt get hot, no artifacts, no score improvements on 3dmark, and no nothing.

so i downloaded powerstrip. i found that as soon as i turn it on artifacts started to appear on 3dmark2001se. thats the only bench i tried. if i turn it off an reboot, tests run fine. as soon as i turn it back on artifacts again, no matter what clock speed. i tried to change some settings on powerstrip, but it doesnt seem to help.

can anyone tell me what to do?
    INTeL
    Pentium4 2.4C | DFI PRO875 | CORSAIR PC4000 | WD360GD RAID 0 | Sappire 9600 Pro

AMD
    Athlon XP 2500+ | MSI K7N2G-ILSR | CORSAIR XMS PC2700 C2 | WESTERN DIGITAL WD800JB

AMD
    Athlon XP 2000+ | EPOX EP-8RDA3+ | SAMSUNG PC3200 | SEAGATE 7200.7 ST380011A | MSI FX5700-VTD128

Re: PowerStrip = immidiate artifacts

Yeah same thing here on my 7150M. However the second I double click on powerstrip the whole screen artifacts and locks up.

This 7150M is still running super COOL and super STABLE in game with no artifacts.

What is causing powerstrip to artifact on open? Corrupt powerstrip registry entries?

later

Re: PowerStrip = immidiate artifacts

Does PowerStrip even exist any more? Assuming that it's a recent version, the answer would appear to be: PowerStrip is still a p*ss-poor piece of software. I gave up on it about three weeks after trying it, around the time of that first post.

M