Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Race issues in the media: U.S. and elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    these guys:

Though with our AG's Holders track record:

Christopher Coates Testifies To Department of Justice Racial Bias

there is a good chance the race hustlers will get their wish.

thing is, they don't have to ask mommy and daddy for permission to stand in front of the polling place.

Court Rules Republican National Committee Must Still be Monitored for Voter Fraud

In 2009, the RNC asked Judge Debevoise to vacate the decree, and it was his denial of that request that the appeals court affirmed, although the judge did modify the decree somewhat, including providing for its expiration as of December 1, 2017, unless the Democratic National Committee is able to prove the RNC has violated the decree.

The sanctions have their roots in the 1981 New Jersey gubernatorial campaign, during which the RNC was accused of using a variety of tactics to reduce the number of minority voters. Most notably, they enlisted the aid of off-duty police officers and sheriffs to intimidate voters in minority neighborhoods by standing at polling places wearing armbands that said “National Ballot Security Task Force.” Some of the officers were armed. Rather than face a lawsuit or worse, the RNC agreed to comply with all state and federal laws protecting the right of qualified citizens to vote in all states.

Although the RNC now argues that changes in voter registration laws, political culture and early voting opportunities render the requirements an unnecessary infringement on its First Amendment rights, the appeals court found that suppression of minority voters is still an ongoing problem. The fact that the court has had to intervene against the RNC on three separate occasions–in 1987, 1990 and 2004–in response to similar voter suppression allegations against Republicans in Louisiana, North Carolina and Ohio, respectively, underscored the continuing need for the pre-clearance requirements.

etc., etc., etc.

bb

^^^ New Jersey, 1981... that all ya got?

Pretty much I take this guys points. I agree mostly with his last thoughts

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/29/opinio...html?hpt=op_t1

It is also possible that some in the media are afraid to frame the story as Hispanic versus African-American. I understand that. Relations between the nation's largest minority and the group that used to hold that title are tense enough without adding fuel to the fire.

I might add...the point may be too..that just Hispanic leaves whites out of the discussion and that wouldnt play well with the narrative guys like Sharpton and Jackson put forward.
    They need to push "all against us" theme
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-01-2012 at 11:34 AM.

It'd be nice if the press simply did their jobs.. report the freaking news! Don't allow douchebags like Sharpton, Jackson, Spike, some of our congresscritters, our me.. me.. me SCOAMF prez and a host of other race baiting a$$holes take advantage of a bad situation.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I'm still trying to figure out what a "White Hispanic" is, didn't see that on the last census.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what a "White Hispanic" is, didn't see that on the last census.
    That's because "hispanic" is not a race at all. Hispanics can even be black.
    Brian

A couple of obvious reasons Race issues are more prominent in the United States compared to Canada

1. The U.S. is more racially diverse. Blacks alone make up much more of the population (about 5 times more). Hispanics make up about 15 times more. Significantly increased voting power leads to stories that stoke racial animosity against whites in order to increase democratic party turnout.

2. More Americans come from lower academically-achieving groups than Canadians do. And Race-Based Anti-White Discrimination (Affirmative Action) is a hell of a lot more controversial if a significant proportion of the country benefits from it, and a significant proportion of the country suffers from it. It's hard to care that Blacks and Hispanics receive preferential treatment if there aren't any Blacks or Hispanics around.

3. The closest comparison to Hispanics/Blacks in Canada (from a historical perspective) would be Aboriginal Canadians/French Canadians. Quebec has had several referendums on Separation and have a federal party dedicated to that. And Aboriginal Canadian issues are quite controversial, but less prevalent because they are so small an ethnic group, and, if anything, want everyone else to go away.Aboriginal Canadians largely live in zoos...err...I mean, reserves, or up north where whites didn't settle because it's too %@#ing cold.

In America, and for the rest of the world for that matter, controversy sells. Infotainment television (CNN/FOX/Drudge) is all about catching your attention... and so race gets everybody's attention.

Yeah, if ya don't get the Drudge Channel, demand it!!!

I wouldn't mind a Matt Drudge channel. He is definitely right-leaning, but I think he's mostly a straight shooter. He also makes $2 million per year from the internet, which is something that I have yet to figure out.

Turns out the white hispanic is not so heavy...

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/mai...king-wind.html

I wonder if the MSM got any of this story correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Matt Drudge channel. He is definitely right-leaning, but I think he's mostly a straight shooter. He also makes $2 million per year from the internet, which is something that I have yet to figure out.
    I'd rather watch Glenn Beck cry and scream than watch the Drudge Channel.

The website is just fine, and yes, I do frequent the site. Sometimes for a chuckle, most of the time to download the reaction-facial-expression pictures he posts of politicians.... and to read the news...

But yes, he makes that much because a ton of people go there and most of them, like Fox/CNN fans, tend to buy whatever the commercial puts out.

Drudge very rarely puts out anything himself. He's more like a right-wing news aggregator than a news outlet. He doesn't have the agenda of say Limbaugh or Breitbart. Occasionally, he posts original stuff (latest I believe was the video of Santorum talking about how the devil was a real threat to the United States), but it's usually with one line of commentary.
    Last edited by Keven; 04-02-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Imagine what the narrative in the MSM would have been has a "white-asian" made similar comments about black business owners.

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,”
    "I'm not going to allow a group of people to exploit people in Ward 8,"
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

The black-white president needs more support for women, so of course, he dives into it with concern over the private Augusta National Golf Club. Jeez. We've been here before, I think it was with Mizz Clinton, mebbe Ferraro.

Its like these geniuses are reviewing every World Book Encyclopedia entry on squirrels.

Squirrel!!!