Page 1862 of 1870 FirstFirst ... 8621362176218121852185818591860186118621863186418651866 ... LastLast
Results 27,916 to 27,930 of 28050

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Bill, Hillary Clinton surprise passengers by flying commercial to New York

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-new-york.html

A cash flow interruption... Times are tough...
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Barbie feet’ trend: What is it?
    Jul. 09, 2018 - 1:14 - The new wave ‘Barbie feet,’ a doll-inspired pose that models are using to lengthen their legs for more flattering shapes.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/580711187...#sp=show-clips

Odd ... A foot fedish...
    ― George Carlin

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Why I am so deeply disappointed by Trump's Supreme Court pick

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...ourt-pick.html

What you see often isn’t what you get. The Washington DC Swamp is impenetrable and undrainable... A good ole boys club...
    ― George Carlin

Me? ... I think the 4th amendment is very important. It protects all of us from the Deep State. When a overvelous prosecutor can put the un-convicted in solitary confinement for a unknown period of time there’s something very very wrong...
    ― George Carlin

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    Equivalent to water boarding and worse.
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Me? ... I think the 4th amendment is very important. It protects all of us from the Deep State. When a overvelous prosecutor can put the un-convicted in solitary confinement for a unknown period of time there’s something very very wrong...
    Mueller team listening to Manafort’s jail phone calls

Paul Manafort may not be a free man. But the former Donald Trump campaign chairman’s jail conditions are hardly the stuff of Alcatraz.

According to telephone calls being monitored by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, Manafort has recently told people he’s being treated like a “VIP” at the Virginia prison where he’s been held since June 15.

The longtime GOP operative’s living arrangements, described in an eight-page motion filed Wednesday by Mueller’s prosecutors, also include “unique privileges” like a private, self-contained cell that’s bigger than what other inmates get, a private bathroom and shower, a personal telephone and daily access between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. to a workspace where Manafort can meet with his lawyers and prepare for his upcoming criminal trials.

Manafort also doesn’t have to wear a prison uniform at the Northern Neck Regional Jail about two hours south of Washington D.C.

But there are some drawbacks. Mueller’s team on Wednesday revealed it can listen in on any phone calls that Manafort has with people other than his lawyers, and it’s one of those conversations that prosecutors are now using in their opposition to the defendant’s request to postpone his upcoming Virginia trial until after a separate criminal case is finished in Washington D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Judge questions Mueller decision to prosecute Manafort
    May. 04, 2018 - 3:55 - U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III questions the legitimacy of the special counsel investigation into former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort; chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reports from Washington.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/578059736...#sp=show-clips

Oh No!

For now, Manafort’s Northern Virginia trial on charges of bank fraud, tax evasion and failure to report foreign bank accounts is scheduled to begin July 25. But before that happens, U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III has scheduled oral arguments for Tuesday on Manafort’s motion to postpone the proceedings, as well as a related request for a change of venue from Alexandria to Roanoke, Virginia.

Ellis on Tuesday also ordered Manafort to be transferred to a detention center in Alexandria and rejected a last-minute request from the defendant’s lawyers to let their client continue to stay at the Northern Neck prison after they’d previously complained about logistical challenges that were hurting their ability to prepare for the trial.

“It is surprising and confusing when counsel identifies a problem and then opposes the most logical solution to that problem,” the judge wrote in a footnote in his decision, where he also questioned the Manafort lawyers’ argument about concerns for their client’s safety in Alexandria. The detention center’s staff are “very familiar with housing high-profile defendants including foreign and domestic terrorists, spies and traitors,” Ellis wrote.

Also Tuesday, Ellis issued an order demanding Manafort’s appearance in his courtroom for the start of the July 25 trial.
    oh no

bb

Manafort shouldn't even be in jail. He hasn't been convicted. Any other opinion is simply partisan.

Manafort ordered to jail, bail revoked on witness tampering charge

"You have abused the trust placed in you six months ago," Jackson said to Manafort, adding that she could not "turn a blind eye" to the special counsel's new allegations of witness tampering while under order not to do so.

Jackson blasted Manafort, stating that he has treated much of the legal proceedings over the past several months as just another "marketing exercise."

Manafort's trial before Jackson is expected to take place in September. He is also facing charges brought by Mueller in another federal court, and will appear for that case in August.
    According to documents filed in federal court, Manafort reached out to would-be witnesses in February after his superseding indictment was unsealed. Manafort allegedly tried to make at least three phone calls and send at least two encrypted text messages to a potential witness “in an effort to secure materially false testimony…” the special counsel claimed.

The court documents said that the person was trying to avoid contact with Manafort and “understood Manafort’s outreach to be an effort to ‘suborn perjury.’”

The special counsel said Manafort's actions violate federal law, and therefore violate the terms of his pretrial release. Manafort’s past charges remain.

“The five previously charged counts against Manfort remain unchanged: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA [Foreign Agent Registration Act] statements, and false statements,” the special counsel’s spokesman said in a statement last week.
    oh no

Manafort's cases are being heard in both the U.S. District Court in D.C., and the Eastern District of Virginia, by Judge T.S. Ellis III, who has proven to be more sympathetic to Manafort than Jackson.

Last month, Ellis blasted the special counsel's team, suggesting federal investigators are only after Manafort to find information on Trump.

"You don't really care about Mr. Manafort,” U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III told Mueller’s team. “You really care about what information Mr. Manafort can give you to lead you to Mr. Trump and an impeachment, or whatever."

He added: "C'mon man!"
    bb

^^^ lts not right.

^^ Mueller could accuse Mr Cucumber of rapping Ms Squash in the refrigerator and the right activist judge could put Mr Cucumber in solitary confinement and order water boarding so Mr Mueller can get Mr Cucumber to admit to anything... Intimidation and torture all perfectly fine for Mr Mueller and Mr Rosenstein... btw is Mr Sessions still among the living apparently Mr Mueller and Mr Rosenstein are running the show at the DOJ.... Deep State BS...
    ― George Carlin

What happened to the $9 worth of government furnished tampon kerfuffle?

Stormy Daniels got charged for slapping her naked tits back and forth on a (willing, ya gotta think) female undercover cop's face and got let off 'cause she's not a local.

No news on a puss grab.

Can't make this shlt up.

Country music star Tim Atwood thinks NFL players should stand for anthem: 'That's what the country is about'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-is-about.html

I had a son in the Iraq War and he went two tours — he had a purple heart and he lost a lot of hearing, he hit an IED," Atwood shared. “And to have him home safe knowing that he went over to serve his country — because of the folks that are fighting, we can have the freedom that we have.”

The country music favorite recalled the emotion and uncertainty of whether or not his son would ever come home after being deployed.

“I remember my son was in Samara and Ramadi... and I would wake up every morning and hear that there was a battle in Samara or Ramadi, and just praying that he’s OK, you know," Atwood recollected. “And there were times that would go by that I wouldn’t hear from him for two weeks or something, and you’re just wondering is he alive or what? You’re just wondering, you know.”
    I’ve waved goodbye two loved ones I exactly how hard it is on your closest loved ones. I stayed at home and waved goodbye to my youngest son. It’s unnerving the mind wanders, the sound of a car drives you to the window for a peek. Hoping it doesn’t stop and hoping you don’t see somebody in a uniform get out. Going or waiting I don’t know which is worse.

Than you see s*** like this and you wonder why...

Democratic lawmaker says Peter Strzok deserves Purple Heart for enduring hearing

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...g-hearing.html

What a despicable sonofabitch if he only knew, if he could only go through it and Learn. If he could only fight useless political wars that ALWAYS have a bad ending. Little does he know along with his compadres he’s committed murder of thousands of young Americans... I’ll use the radical lefts two favorite words... ••••You Idiot...

Un-friggin believable...
    ― George Carlin

My newest hat... Not to worry I carry...

― George Carlin

The View' hosts Joy Behar and Meghan McCain butt heads in heated argument on ABC talk show

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...talk-show.html

Boy O boy what an unorganized cluster**** ... People actually watch that stuff...
    ― George Carlin