Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Yet another example of system failure. Im really curious how this sort of thing can happen in our over regulated world. How is it we are able to crucify illegal music downloaders yet not spot this?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...t-in-cage?lite

The Ravens are amazing. They can go to the playoffs every year, but somehow it seems like they would have a better chance at winning the World Series than the Super Bowl

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

A good reminder about what we understand about the "speedy trial" clause of our 6th. We all understand the point was to not waste a bunch of time and risk lenghty pretrial jail time. In other words we didnt want accused folks sent off to some black hole to rot as the trial date is delayed. The other side of the speedy trial coin, while never articulated, is the right those damaged by the accused to some similar "speedy trial" guidlines.

Here is what Im getting at. The Movie Theater Killer trial is put off/delayed while lawyers figure out how they are gonna plead the guy. For me its an affront to the families involved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20980909

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    The Ravens are amazing. They can go to the playoffs every year, but somehow it seems like they would have a better chance at winning the World Series than the Super Bowl
    Every time they win it feels like they should have lost. Somebody should be checking the bank account of the Denver safety who somehow let the WR get behind him to catch that late TD and tie the game.

I'm a big 49er fan, and I still don't know what to think of that Kaepernick performance....unreal. One thing is for certain: He's going to be the most fun guy to play on Madden next year. My fav sportswriter tweeted during the game that Kaepernick's nickname should be "video game." And even though I ragged on Alex Smith for essentially his entire tenure in SF, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He was finally figuring it out and the new guy with the bigger/faster/stronger everything came in and took his job.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Every time they win it feels like they should have lost. Somebody should be checking the bank account of the Denver safety who somehow let the WR get behind him to catch that late TD and tie the game.

I'm a big 49er fan, and I still don't know what to think of that Kaepernick performance....unreal. One thing is for certain: He's going to be the most fun guy to play on Madden next year. My fav sportswriter tweeted during the game that Kaepernick's nickname should be "video game." And even though I ragged on Alex Smith for essentially his entire tenure in SF, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He was finally figuring it out and the new guy with the bigger/faster/stronger everything came in and took his job.
    Kaepernick did play good, but I think GB defensive coordinator Dom Capers should be fired. I don't know why they insisted on continuing to go with man coverage when it was pretty obvious that Harbaugh was setting up 4 wide receivers to clear out midfield so Kaepernick could scramble up the middle. It reminded me of when Michael Vick and the Falcons beat the Packers in the playoffs at Lambeau in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Kaepernick did play good, but I think GB defensive coordinator Dom Capers should be fired. I don't know why they insisted on continuing to go with man coverage when it was pretty obvious that Harbaugh was setting up 4 wide receivers to clear out midfield so Kaepernick could scramble up the middle. It reminded me of when Michael Vick and the Falcons beat the Packers in the playoffs at Lambeau in 2002.
    Nah. You can't teach speed. In the second half the Packers dedicated a spy to CK and he still burned them. Can't blame the D-Coordinator for that.

Packers need to draft a lock-down CB and they'll be fine.

Again, the reason Rolleyes exists. I catch these folks grinding an axe under the veil of news reporting/commentary.
    This one got under my skin: Does The World Need A New Corvette? Corvette just unveiled a model upgrade and the writer questions the justifications.

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...azines_fortune

To the author. The world needs a new Corvette probably more than some worthless Chevy Volt.
    With car models its all about perceptions. I think we can agree a new Corvette says something far different to the world than a Chevy Volt. It goes to intentions I believe and is a statement of what the company wants to project.
    Sorry but there is nothing particularly "inspiring" about a Chevy Volt other than it seems to be a forced token vehicle...that pays lip service to government overreach.
    A new Corvette like just unveiled in Detroit says more positive things and actually is an important engineering marvel.
    450 hp and able to do 0-60 in something less than 4.0 seconds is amazing enough.
    To do that with an improved 26+ mpg is simply something that used to be impossible.

So I say sure we need a new Corvette even if buyers arent necessarily typical/average car buyers.
    Lets get our heads out of the pervasive "depression mode" and go for some gusto.
    We refuse to buy cars that are the same as say saving cans of tuna on our shelves.
    Who really wants a future as bleak as weve seen with reduced expectations?

^^^ "Need".

Our society isn't built on needs alone, so his argument is a strawman.

Typical leftist bulldung.

Nobody needs an iPhone either.

^^Yeah. Same old story: Populist needs are more important than yours are. Translated to whatever "wealthy" people might spend money on is somehow less moral than other things.

While Im thinking about cars...take a look at what may be down the road as a replacement for Fed Excise Tax on fuels. Yup. Some intrusive pay per mile plan

http://washingtonexaminer.com/new-pa...rticle/2518504

Today's example of resurrecting the "mob rule" concept. Ive mentioned it before. Its all about mob rule now. The populist is everything. Polls that tell us instantly how the "mob" feels about everything and everyone. A President that uses children as human shields to push thru gun control which isnt popular. The silly notion that the stock market is a reliable measure on how companies are doing. And so forth.

Facebook: Investors snub search tool

Obama is not swearing in on two bibles. One of the books is his inauguration speech, the other is the bible.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Again, the reason Rolleyes exists. I catch these folks grinding an axe under the veil of news reporting/commentary.
    This one got under my skin: Does The World Need A New Corvette? Corvette just unveiled a model upgrade and the writer questions the justifications.

To the author. The world needs a new Corvette probably more than some worthless Chevy Volt.
    With car models its all about perceptions. I think we can agree a new Corvette says something far different to the world than a Chevy Volt. It goes to intentions I believe and is a statement of what the company wants to project.
    Sorry but there is nothing particularly "inspiring" about a Chevy Volt other than it seems to be a forced token vehicle...that pays lip service to government overreach.
    A new Corvette like just unveiled in Detroit says more positive things and actually is an important engineering marvel.
    450 hp and able to do 0-60 in something less than 4.0 seconds is amazing enough.
    To do that with an improved 26+ mpg is simply something that used to be impossible.

So I say sure we need a new Corvette even if buyers arent necessarily typical/average car buyers.
    Lets get our heads out of the pervasive "depression mode" and go for some gusto.
    We refuse to buy cars that are the same as say saving cans of tuna on our shelves.
    I wonder what his thoughts are on the WAY more expensive "green" Fisker Karma and Tesla? I'm sure they are A OK with him because they will stop global warming and save the polar bears, while being charged up on coal powered energy.

Today's example of resurrecting the "mob rule" concept. Ive mentioned it before. Its all about mob rule now. The populist is everything. Polls that tell us instantly how the "mob" feels about everything and everyone. A President that uses children as human shields to push thru gun control which isnt popular. The silly notion that the stock market is a reliable measure on how companies are doing. And so forth.

Facebook: Investors snub search tool
    The really scary part is that most people take whatever they read/hear on the media as factual when most is spindoctored crap at best.

From that article:

"If you're not a baby boomer, you might wonder why GM even bothered."

Oh god, shut up. I'm in my mid 20s and I love Corvettes. I want to grab that guy by the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post

Oh god, shut up. I'm in my mid 20s and I love Corvettes.
    I'd say it's the hottest topic in the office this week. I think every other monitor has the new vette as wallpaper now.
    Nuke em'.