Page 1832 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 832133217321782182218281829183018311832
Results 27,466 to 27,474 of 27474

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

If the energy spent hand-wringing and calling for more gun regulations was invested in fixing broken families, I wager it would be a more effective approach to reducing this sort of thing. A sane person simply doesn't walk into a school or check into a hotel with hundreds of rounds of ammo and open up on people indiscriminately. I don't say that in the context of a legal defense, as I believe very firmly that this guys understand what they're doing and the legal consequences that follow, assuming they survive the event. They literally just don't care about life, theirs or anyone else's.

Probably what bothers me most about the gun restrictions crowd, is while they may call for "mental health" improvements they won't take any ownership for a society that actively works to break down strong family situations. A Hollywood that continues to ramp up depictions of violence, a media that glorifies narcissism and scoffs at personal responsibility, politicians across the spectrum that make a mockery of honesty, integrity, and doing the right thing, etc, etc.

Too many kids grow up completely off the rails, and by the time they're legally able to make their own decisions they're screwed up so badly that few ever recover. The answer isn't more money for schools or tougher gun regulations. The answer is breaking a cycle of multi-generational hopelessness. It's a tough nut, and I sure don't have the magic cure, but ignoring it or focusing on tragic results doesn't do diddly about the root issue.

^^ Thats all very true but how do you fix the millions of broken families, how do you fix a broken society. Don’t expect the politicans to do it they’re to busy destroying family life and society with politically correct nonsense. In the big cities black family life is practically nonexistent. To many of all races no guidance and no strong family ties. Hollyweird unfixable money is the name of the game they play.
    “What Happened”...

^^^ Transgender LGBTQ and the rest of the crap they champion.

Hypocrites.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

I don't know how you fix it, but it seems one of the first steps is to *stop* vilifying the few who *do* speak out against generational problems like single motherhood, lifelong dependency on assistance, sending completely unprepared kids off to kindergarten, etc, etc. The response is always along the lines of "you're heartless and want poor people to starve". No. I want poor people to flourish. I want them to believe they can escape the cycle. If anything is heartless, it's giving them barely enough to maintain their life in poverty while not doing a darn thing to lift them out of that cycle.

Granted, it would help if some of the mouthpieces on the right weren't so friggin' tone deaf. Here in WI, Walker took heat for bluntly stating the facts that several factors figure prominently in determining whether you'll live in poverty. Among these are failing to get a high school education and having kids prior to marriage. We have a D in the state legislature who is a single mother, and had a field day framing Walker's remarks as a personal attack. How hard would it have been to praise her up as an example of what is possible? To emphasize the goal of growing out of poverty? To emphasize that she made it because she worked and fought to escape it?

Our politicians are more interested in scoring sound bites, and the media too happy to oblige.

Alleged Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz was reported to FBI, cops, school -- but warning signs missed

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16...ns-missed.html

I always thought crime prevention was part of law enforcement’s job. Evidently that’s not the case anymore. Now they react after a mass murder when it’s to late. They let the criminal flee the crime scene among other mistakes. When you need a cop there ain’t any around after a major crime has ended there’s cops everywhere. Maybe their to busy providing sanctuary for MS 13 to have the time for crime prevention. Plenty of excuses and arm chair quarterbacking...
    “What Happened”...

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    I don't know how you fix it, but it seems one of the first steps is to *stop* vilifying the few who *do* speak out against generational problems like single motherhood, lifelong dependency on assistance, sending completely unprepared kids off to kindergarten, etc, etc. The response is always along the lines of "you're heartless and want poor people to starve". No. I want poor people to flourish. I want them to believe they can escape the cycle. If anything is heartless, it's giving them barely enough to maintain their life in poverty while not doing a darn thing to lift them out of that cycle.

Granted, it would help if some of the mouthpieces on the right weren't so friggin' tone deaf. Here in WI, Walker took heat for bluntly stating the facts that several factors figure prominently in determining whether you'll live in poverty. Among these are failing to get a high school education and having kids prior to marriage. We have a D in the state legislature who is a single mother, and had a field day framing Walker's remarks as a personal attack. How hard would it have been to praise her up as an example of what is possible? To emphasize the goal of growing out of poverty? To emphasize that she made it because she worked and fought to escape it?

Our politicians are more interested in scoring sound bites, and the media too happy to oblige.
    In the US, the #1 cure for poverty is motivation...
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Florida Teacher of the Year's gun violence post goes viral after school shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16...-shooting.html

Hmmm... Isn’t that odd. Surely there must be microaggression somewhere or even worse... Racism...

Microaggressions

Acts or words that are perceived to be insulting by a person who is looking to be insulted, whether or not that was the intent of the transgressor. Usually a symptom of a persecution complex. (n)

Person 1: "Hey I'm hungry, do you want to go to KFC for lunch?"
    Person 2: "What? You think I want to eat fried chicken JUST BECAUSE I'M BLACK?"
    Person 1: "Wha? No, I just..."
    Person 2: "You can take your microaggressions and shove them, you racist SOB."
    Last edited by tucker; Today at 10:49 AM.
    “What Happened”...

^^

Sexism
    Homophobiaism

Are at the top of the list too.

“What Happened”...

Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue: Are empowering words on naked bodies really what we need right now?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...right-now.html

#MeToo
    “What Happened”...