Page 1000 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 500900950990996997998999100010011002100310041010105011001500 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 28555

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Nuts all over the place today.
    I guess he wanted a Whopper

http://www.wpbf.com/news/15474521/detail.html

Sure hope he got permission to reproduce this stuff

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/c...-of-plagiarism
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-03-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    This seems heavy if its true. Ill bet Fluff can explain more

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334539,00.html
    I don't know what's left to explain.

We have a group of Radical Environmentalists... people who do not believe in Divine Creation, yet concurrently believe that all actions of humans are destructive to the Natural World. Thus, all activities of Mankind in areas that are presently unused are an affront to Moral Decency and must be resisted.

They are a nebulous group, mostly unorganized within themselves. The Big Time environmental groups say that they "are not part of that movement, although they can understand why the groups do as they do. And while we condemn the way they reacted to the provocation of the Man, we agree in that the building of the homes in the forest were an abomination upon the pure forest, and all living beings within them". That kind of crap... sort of 'It wasn't me, can't prosecute, ha ha... but we'll cheer them on from our Constitutionally protected Free Speech podiums'.

So someone who's head has been filled with visions of Armegeddon Through Construction or some such crap sits in a cafe' with a couple of other like minded people and talk about what to DO about it. The more Society rejects their radicalism, the more they feel like they have to take "Direct Action". Eventually, one of these losers is going to convince their buddies to go torch a new home.

It used to happen a couple a times a month, usually when the home has been framed up, but not completed. But it has been a while since we've had a cluster of arsons... may be starting again.

Street of Dream homes are 'showhomes', built especially to promote certain manufacturers, builders and designers. the homes torched in this article were built by people and firms that are pushing 'green' building techniques. No irony there, they are considered more evil than most by the radical environmentalist, because the 'Green' companies are trying to profit by raping the land while promoting a false God, er, I mean a false sense of environmental sensitivity.

Now, I don't know if these folks are environmentalists who have 'gone bad', or if they are your basic arsonist who is wrapping themselves in a mantle of Environmental Hero. Doesn't really matter when the 'Acceptable' environmental groups play the 'tisk tisk (cheer)' game on the news 'nStuff.

When caught, the Feds charge them with Domestic Terrorism now. Is this only local news, or did you all know about this stuff? I thought everybody knew about these creeps.

[Edit: One of the theories about this fire is that it was set in order to get a Mistrial declared on an ELF prosecution underway this week. The Judge has denied the motion, though.]
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 03-03-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Its news to me.

LOL, the same "group" has had a couple of incidents in Wisconsin releasing mink from farms. One was just outside of town, and vaguely reminiscent of the WKRP turkey drop. See, the farm borders a fairly major state highway and I'm sure had Les Nessman been on patrol we would have heard cries of "Oh the humanity". There were masses of mink roadkill, and those unsplattered by tires likely died of starvation. Domesticated mink don't do so well on their own, don't cha know. Anyway, IIRC at least one or two related to the WI incidents were eventually captured, tried, and convincted. Don't know about any sentencing.

Oh Jesus. These guys!! Ill post it here cause Brian had the last word...

http://www.imao.us/archives/009723.html

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Its news to me.
    Wow... okay. You know how the Environmental Groups (Official and sanctified) decide to put out 'Action Alerts'?

People act on them. And like myv65 says, mostly its done by idiots who have no concept of the consequences of thier actions. They drive steel spikes into trees because they love the trees... also because anybody using a chainsaw on them will be killed when they hit the spike. They release farmed animals to the 'wild', killing the animals through starvation etc. They burn down homes promoting environmental responsibility, filling the streams with all kinds of chemicals from the burning homes.

You know, helpful stuff like that.

There is no real organization that does this, its just that if somebody is moved to action after reading an article in a Greenpeace type blog, they leave a sign claiming it was done by the "Earth Liberation Front".

They're almost always radically leftists, so sometimes they are described as 'Watermelons'. Green on the outside, Red on the inside. The news organizations out here sort of help them along by covering all of their activities, even the terrorist acts. And usually with a neutral theme, like we can't call them 'bad' just because they are murderous killers and destroyers who hurt the environment more than the folks they are 'protesting'.

Fools and idiots, but they should still be labelled as Terrorists.

[Edit] I started a new thread on just this issue. Let's see what we find out.
    Last edited by Fluff n Stuff; 03-03-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Heh... I'm happy to see Brian's site is back up, though I miss the photos. Pretty nice 'shout outs' from him as well. I'm gonna keep an eye open to what he finally ends up with. I get the feeling that whatever he finds out he can do he will, and it will set the tone for the rest of the 'sphere.

Yeah. Interesting and educational back and forth at Ace's spot that otoc and I talked about earlier. Hotlinking....as a way around copyright issues.[I had about the same impression Ace did]
    Im unsettled on what the right solution is.
    For me? The simplest and best notion is for AP and others to issue a "limited use" sort of deal for blogs. That way they dont have be part of the AP mafia team to post [define] occasional pictures without threat
    of a hideous legal battle.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-03-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Here is the discussion at Ace's place. Its interesting

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/256974.php

And I understand both sides.

In any event...thank goodness for otoc's input. As I said at Brian's site abit ago: Its nice to be surrounded by talent.

A transparent attempt to get more people to show up for jury duty in the news:
    http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...9&in_page_id=2

Heh. Could be a nice deal for someone...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/181345.php

Lamppost 'cushions' for clumsy texters

Lampposts on East London's Brick Lane have today been wrapped up in padding to protect Britain's clumsy texters.

The renowned capital curry haunt has been highlighted as the most dangerous place for mobile phone users to be texting with Londoners frequently picking up injuries ranging from bruises to fractured bones.

Whether it be the perils of walking into a lamppost while not keeping your eyes on the road or careering into a bin after a couple of drinks at a local drinking establishment, the street apparently poses many menaces to dozy phone users.
    Look where you're going dipsticks.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34