Page 1002 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211021502 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 28555

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Reynolds was just talking about this stuff. That second one seems like worth trying out. The Amazon thing not so much.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK20JWOEUJJOLTB

Breaking News

AP: The Fed says Americans' percentage of equity in their homes has fallen below 50 percent for the first time on record since 1945.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Breaking News
    Got a link to that Orang? Be interesting to see how the numbers break down.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Thats too funny. Just cross posted!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Got a link to that Orang? Be interesting to see how the numbers break down.
    No link yet, just the "Breaking News" alert at the top of the main page.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Here is the data. FOX news has a simpleton article on the issue but here is where the meat and potatoes are

http://www.federalreserve.gov/Releas...rrent/data.htm

Right off? Even without looking? Or any research?
    Its nothing Im gonna get excited about just yet.

Gotta think of what contributes to the data.
    Falling housing value [no surprise there]
    49.6 is some magic threshold?
    A debt to equity ratio means what exactly?

You bought a home for $100,000 with 20% down and your $20,000 means you owned 20% of your home.

Inflation and the home market drove the value up to $300,000 while you paid $20,000 towards the principal and so you owed $60,000, meaning you owned 80% of your home.

The market fell and your home's value fell to $200,000, so you find yourself owning 70% of your home.

You ultimately want a house worth twice as much. The funny thing is that the best position to be in to buy twice the house is when you owned 20% of the home you bought. But the bank will think you're best off when you owned 70%.

Yeah yeah. I know its "local" news but this is really heavy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335708,00.html

And if any of you have ever seen the campus here you'd understand.

UNC at Chapel Hill is like a college kid's paradise.
    Mellow campus. Equipped up the yang for the kids.
    Starbucks for a buck. All wifi friendly.

Equally as sad. Sheesh. Leave the kids alone

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335530,00.html
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-06-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Doesnt mean anything to me personally but it may for some.

No more home school

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...Y1ODA5ZDBkOTk=

Another one of those things Ive never studied but it seems to me a parent has always retained this
    choice.

^^ I know several families that home school. Has nothing to do with religious beliefs and everything to do with their opinions as educators that public education lacks in many areas. Fortunately for them they have credentials. Most home schoolers I know get a better education overall.. but definitely get shorted on a lot of the social skills that actually going to school develops. Overall I do not think this decision is a good thing at all.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Surely they captured the deal on camera no?
    03:00, dark night, bright lights, wet ground. Guy on bike swerves a bit, drops a box. What do ya got?

A shadow with some bright highlites. Put a bright light on the bike, and the cameras got a bright light and nuttin' else.

Got a night-vision camera? An IR Blaster will nullify that, and all it takes is a half-dozen .5W IR LEDs placed around the axis of the bike... what, $5.00? And nobody will see them with the naked eye, so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Usually a bomb maker will make his/her devices the same way, or have a 'tell' in how different bombs are made. They will learn a LOT from the shrapnel, you would be flat out amazed by what they can learn. And yeah, fingerprints, too... the blast will etch a print onto steel plate in some cases.

They'll have leads, but no photos, not unless the Angels are on their side and everything lines up to take a shot of the biker looking up after he stops and when a lightsource hits 'em in the face when the camera goes off... ya see?

Well...I hope they get the clown. I saw the video capture of the weasel and Id like to think the forensic geniuses can narrow things.
    Junk like this bothers me. Two college kids shot and killed in recent days....now this.
    It smells like the nuts are going to the soft targets.

And now a manifesto.

Haven't heard that word lately.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Well...I hope they get the clown. I saw the video capture of the weasel and Id like to think the forensic geniuses can narrow things.
    Junk like this bothers me. Two college kids shot and killed in recent days....now this.
    It smells like the nuts are going to the soft targets.
    I just watched the video on Hot Air... pretty much what I thought... bright lights, deep shadows. :shrug: