Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    Do what my father did when I got back from Vietnam... give him a hug then hand him a cold beer.
    Absolutely!

The fridge will be stocked up that’s for sure…

I havent tuned into this yet on the tube...but will in abit

Surely McCain Critics Can Do Better [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

Jay Rockefeller:
    "McCain was a fighter pilot, who dropped laser-guided missiles from 35,000 feet. He was long gone when they hit. What happened when they [the missiles] get to the ground? He doesn't know. You have to care about the lives of people. McCain never gets into those issues."
    My Army Guy adds:
    Wow. We have military pilots flying overseas right now protecting troops—and civilians—on the ground. Do these dem Senators really believe that what they’re doing is inhumane? This is really outrageous. Makes my heart hurt. Makes this out-of-shape veteran want to suit up.
    04/08 01:28 PM

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

^^^^Excellent article... it's good to keep in mind when you hear people shouting nonsense, that the GIGO rule applies to people as well as computers.

Hahahahaha.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347669,00.html

— Florida teens gravely misinformed about sex. Florida lawmakers are looking to overhaul their state’s sex education after learning that Florida teens believe that drinking a cap of bleach prevents HIV and a shot of Mountain Dew prevents pregnancy. The state, which is currently implementing abstinence-only sex education, has the sixth-highest teen pregnancy rate in the country.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

You got yourself an odd sense of humor, Orangutan. That's more tragedy than comedy in my mind... kids drinkin' bleach??? I mean, this is the age when kids go online more often than they go outside... a little Google search is called for here, at least... and if you're gonna teach Sex Ed, emphasize abstinence, sure, but teach basic health before they go kill themselves 'nStuff.

Your Government at Work [John J. Miller]

Wash Post:
    Federal employees used government credit cards to pay for lingerie, gambling, iPods, Internet dating services, and a $13,000 steak-and-liquor dinner, according to a new audit from the Government Accountability Office, which found widespread abuses in a purchasing program meant to improve bureaucratic efficiency.
    Such as:
    In a case the GAO deemed "abusive," the Postal Service spent $13,500 in 2006 on a dinner at a Ruth's Chris Steak House in Orlando, including "over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold." The tab came to more than $160 a head for the 81 guests, the report said.
    Also this:
    In another case at the State Department, a cardholder spent $360 at the Seduccion Boutique in Ecuador to buy "women's underwear/lingerie for use during jungle training by trainees of a drug enforcement program." The report does not include further details, but it says a State Department official "agreed that the charge was questionable."
    04/09 09:00 AM

Id like to see Catholics pull this off on the taxpayer's dime.
    It simply wouldnt happen.

http://www.startribune.com/local/17406054.html

Wow. Mrs. Obama.

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/572303.html

snip from the article:

Obama, like her husband a Harvard-trained lawyer, listened and then spoke off the cuff.
    Most Americans, she said, don't want much.
    "They don't want the whole pie," she told the women. "There are some who do, but most Americans feel blessed just being able to thrive a little bit. But that is becoming even more out of reach."
    After law school, she and Barack were beset by loans they'd still be paying had her husband not written two best-sellers, "The Audacity of Hope" and "Dreams From My Father."
    Those debts early in their marriage, she said, equips her husband to better understand the problems many Americans face.
    Should she become first lady, she said she'd focus on family issues.
    "If we don't wake up as a nation with a new kind of leadership...for how we want this country to work, then we won't get universal health care," she said.

"The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more."

^No kidding lady. No kidding. And yeah. College debts from a fancy smance Uni put you in tune
    with the problems "the little people" feel. Right.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-09-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Another "no kidding".

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120761241405896581.html

We all had better hope candidates drop this populist self defeating, union pleasing agenda.
    Its nice to say "if we only made product XYZ here"

But consider the reality. Make it here at what cost? To compete with same product made elsewhere for less?
    Doesnt hit me like a great business plan.
    Nice campaign pitch. But stupid economics.

Like my old VCR example.
    Make them here for $300.00 each
    Import them for $60 each.

After law school, she and Barack were beset by loans they'd still be paying had her husband not written two best-sellers, "The Audacity of Hope" and "Dreams From My Father."
    Those debts early in their marriage, she said, equips her husband to better understand the problems many Americans face.
    Yeah, cry me a river.

Some of us chose to go to state universities because the cost was lower. Personally, I passed on UC Berkeley and Stanford because the idea of paying the tuition scared the crap out of me. I had some scholarships, some bucks saved up and did this thing some might call "work" to pay for my education and to be blunt, I get kinda pissy when people whine about having to pay back student loans. In the meantime, we write a check every month to repay my wife's student loans. Never missed a payment and never bitched about having to pay them. Sixteen more checks to write, thank you. We're thankful for her opportunity to have the education and the well paying career it afforded her.

People who whine about student loans are no different than people bitching about the high price of the car payments they chose to make or the adjustable mortgages they "got coerced into signing up for".

Buck up and shut up.

Pay your damned bills.

Thanks for listening... I better get a cup of coffee...

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-09-2008 at 11:30 AM.

^^^ Still not as impressive as dutchcedar's design for three thirty inch displays... designed last April... still on hold as the slacker delays due to construction of the addition to his abode...

... and, he has the three mondo water-cooled dual DVI graphics cards on the mobo already... just a couple gigs of video memory...

edit: OK, I see they finally got around to triple 30's... sure took 'em long enough...
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 04-09-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Still not as impressive as dutchcedar's design for three thirty inch displays... designed last April... still on hold as the slacker delays due to construction of the addition to his abode...

Yours is better. But I give them a B+ for effort!!