Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Of COURSE Lawyers would consider it Sacrosanct... a Sacred Secret, only to be known to the High Priests. Lawyers worship... themselves. Try to challenge them in a discussion on any kind of ethical question: They will, without exception, recognize a power higher than Justice, higher than Truth. And that power is their reputation before their peers.

Crooked lawyers are never dealt with by the legal community until the community is shamed into doing it by the public.

I'm a firm believer or stripping Doctors and Lawyers from being allowed to 'self-regulate' their ranks.

Truth and Justice aren't really their main concerns.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Yeah^^both posts. For me its a misuse of the concept that information passed between client and atty should be private.
    But in my head that is centered more around lawyers being forced to testify for example...against his own client.
    In any event perhaps this recent issue will be instructive for lawyers.
    But 26 years in jail for an innocent character.
    Too much like Edmond Dantes for me.

The Pope visit. I may not be Catholic but his visit seems to heve been positive so far. In other words good for him and good for the folks that
    look to him.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080419/D904O9LG0.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Of COURSE Lawyers would consider it Sacrosanct... a Sacred Secret, only to be known to the High Priests. Lawyers worship... themselves. Try to challenge them in a discussion on any kind of ethical question: They will, without exception, recognize a power higher than Justice, higher than Truth. And that power is their reputation before their peers.

Crooked lawyers are never dealt with by the legal community until the community is shamed into doing it by the public.

I'm a firm believer or stripping Doctors and Lawyers from being allowed to 'self-regulate' their ranks.
    Last point. I understand that. Its almost as if they have set themselves "above the law"...

From the ABA's own page on the subject:

The attorney–client privilege is not, however, absolute. It has historically been balanced with competing objectives. Striking the right balance, recognizing the importance of the privilege, continues to be a challenge.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-20-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Sheesh. What is going on in Chicago?

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago....2.704117.html

Uh. Excuse me?

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/4/20/142945/294

What a load of shit.^^ First off the writer makes the logic error of attempting to make a sad tale...an unusual tale exchangeable with economic conditions....or real facts.
    I feel badly for the woman and her story but what does it have to do with the price of turnips?
    Actually nothing.
    But Im sure dopes will assume the sad tale is = to what is or has happened.

But nice try.

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 04-20-2008 at 04:22 PM.

"Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

I'm with you Steve, but I can't decide if he should go feet first or head first.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Personally, I'd hammer him with a "Head First" trip.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Uh. Excuse me?

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/4/20/142945/294

What a load of shit.^^ First off the writer makes the logic error of attempting to make a sad tale...an unusual tale exchangeable with economic conditions....or real facts.
    I feel badly for the woman and her story but what does it have to do with the price of turnips?
    Actually nothing.
    But Im sure dopes will assume the sad tale is = to what is or has happened.

But nice try.

On the Trucker thing. Working as an Independant Contractor has some significant benefits to the drivers. For example, the truck? That's an assest. She can SELL the truck, not just let it get repo'd.

As for there being no jobs. For truck drivers. Please. PLEASE!!! No local company I know can hire enough drivers, even with the companies in a snit about the "unstoppable" depression that some business writers want to happen. You just hire on as an employee instead of as an IC.

SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS make $11/hr locally. Other bus companies start at $13/hr plus benefits. My company starts bus drivers at $16/hr plus benefits, and I cannot get enough drivers! Granted, they have to know how to wash, shave and dress themselves... my drivers are more like Limo Driverrs than Ralph Cramden, but the money out there, folks. Jeez. "No jobs in trucking!"

Being an Independant is really tough now due to Diesel prices, but until the Democrats (and some republicans like the Bush's) stop blocking drilling off the coast, they can just shut up.

A new home for Ron Paul supporters.

Its not a cult, just a bunch of people who want to live with people of like minds...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    A new home for Ron Paul supporters.

Its not a cult, just a bunch of people who want to live with people of like minds...
    We have to chip in......
    and send vrp.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win XP Pro SP3 / MEPIS 8.0.15 / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    While I don't pretend to even come close to comprehending these free trade agreements, I'm always skeptical. What's to negotiate? But these things don't have a very good history as far as I'm concerned.

The beef thing was big news around here. The FTA will probably move forward now.

Take a Kid FISHING!