Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Cool "gadget" I just saw posted at NRO some of you might appreciate

http://www.chippynews.com/worldclock.htm

What is up with this?

http://www.newsbusters.org//

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Sadly there are even some people who fly the flag at half staff as a form of dissent.
    Ugh. You have no idea. There's a house in my hometown that I've seen the confederate flag on TOP of an upside down National flag.

In MICHIGAN. The southern pride argument doesn't even hold. The lack of education and outright stupidity might tho.
    Nuke em'.

okey dokey

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ians.usa/print

Little wonder our "popularity" abroad has suffered....its all about "bad policy"
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 06-15-2008 at 06:17 PM.

German beavers get busy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7455673.stm

Ahhhhh... cute.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    okey dokey

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ians.usa/print

Little wonder our "popularity" abroad has suffered....its all about "bad policy"
    You should have advised us to don our tin foil for that one. Especially for the last paragraph.

Pity his 'rage & bitterness' didn't stop him accepting American hospitality & emigrating to California.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Pity his 'rage & bitterness' didn't stop him accepting American hospitality & emigrating to California.
    It's funny to see some of those who choose to immigrate here rail so hard against their host. Is this a new form of S&M?? Reminds me much of the Bezerkley crowd and those nitwits who claim they will leave the US if their candidate loses.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Oh.. and BTW.. Happy Fathers Day ya mugs! I'm off for beer and BBQ!

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    Reminds me much of the Bezerkley crowd and those nitwits who claim they will leave the US if their candidate loses.
    LOL that reminds me. We had a newspaper headline on the eve of the '92 general election that said this about the Labour Party leader at the time:

Needless to say, he didn't win.

^^ That’s a good one… You could put anybodies face in the light bulb and it would be just as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    I'm staying out of this one. Unless someone wants to hire a negotiator who cuts through the bs of lawyers who confuse the issues to rack up billable time.

The games people play with a vague law that is in place to protect the owner of original material and free speech. It seems from a scan of the links and comments, both sides are a bit confused, imho.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Don't know where to put this. I've seen it happening in my own city back home.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/06/16/s...ity/index.html
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.