Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Sent him an email abit ago. Last he posted he was going on a hunting/camping trip[vacation]

The city and the girl both should get Darwin Awards

http://wcbstv.com/local/texting.manh...2.1081403.html

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

"It was just really gross and it was shocking and scary," she said. "Because of their careless mistake I got hurt."
    Note that she doesn't say "It hurt like hel, and I still can't breath deeply because of this sharp pain..." No. She sounds like she's quoting an Ambulance Chaser.

I've got sympathy... the City should step up and pay the Medicals, whatever they are, in total. Then they should charge the family for polluting the stream...

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

July 13, 2009
    [BLEEP!] That hurts!
    Posted: 06:32 AM ET
    By Caitlin Hagan
    CNN Medical Associate Producer

OK America, I confess: Sometimes I can be a little bit of a potty mouth. (Mom, maybe this is not a great blog for you to read.) Yes, I know those dirty little words are unbecoming to some and I really should watch my language (and I really do try!) but sometimes, when I’m walking through my condo and I stub my baby pinky toe on a table leg and the pain takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes and makes me freeze with my foot mid-air in ridiculous pain….well, I can’t be held accountable for anything four-lettered I may say. (D**n it!)

Thankfully, Dr. Richard Stephens and his team at Keele University in the United Kingdom just published a study that says swearing actually has a pain-lessening effect. (See Mom? It’s healthy!) When we swear, we increase our threshold for pain, meaning we can bear it longer and don’t feel it as much. Stephens is not sure why this happens, only that for some reason, “swearing appears to increase our pain tolerance.”

Like those moments when I stub my toe, Stephens came up with the idea to study this after he accidentally whacked his finger with a hammer. “I swore a bit and then around the same time, our daughter was born. My wife swore throughout her labor…and the midwife said don’t worry about it, we hear that language all the time.” Not surprising, says clinical psychologist Paula Bloom. “From my own experience of giving birth without drugs to a 9 pound, 11 ounce child, I can imagine I had quite the little truck driver vocabulary going on.”

For the study, Stephens asked the participants to submerge one hand in nearly freezing water for as long as they could while repeating a curse word. Later the participants submerged the same hand again, this time repeating a word they would use to describe a table. When people were cursing, they kept their hand in the water for 40 more seconds than they could otherwise. So what were the words that made that possible? Turns out they were different for everyone. “We decided at the outset that people would give us their own swear words,” Stephens said. “Swearing is quite personal and what one person finds extremely offensive, someone else may not find offensive at all.” That being said, the usual suspects topped the list: s**t, the F word and British slang – bollocks!

All joking aside, many people find swearing to be incredibly distasteful, regardless of when or why it happens. Bloom thinks this study may change that. “This removes the morality piece about language. We’re so quick to judge and sometimes our judgment interferes with science. We’re walking around thinking [swearing] is a bad thing…it’s not really.” Stephens agrees. “Swearing has gotten very bad publicity– it’s a negatively construed thing. But the positive aspect of it is swearing self-regulates our emotions. It can have a beneficial effect.”

What do you think? Is swearing helpful or distasteful?

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/

Well I'll be dipped in ......

Well that explains all the swearing I did in Vietnam.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    Well that explains all the swearing I did in Vietnam.

I plead guilty your honor.

I was tired of the coverage before it began but this deserves mention for its sickness:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531940,00.html?mrp

Joe Jackson Wants Michael's Kids to Tour as 'Jackson 3'

Jackson’s biographer Ian Halperin said yesterday: "Joe wants the children to go on a world tour in 2010. He has also already offered recording contracts to two of Michael’s kids. Now he is talking about getting them the world’s best backing band and taking them on tour as The Jackson Three."
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    I was tired of the coverage before it began but this deserves mention for its sickness:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531940,00.html?mrp

Jeez, that is sick and totally disgusting.

First the guy uses and abuses his own kids and now he wants to do the same thing to his grandchildren.

What an ugly old man…
    Last edited by tucker; 07-13-2009 at 01:22 PM.

^^^ Based on their DNA, they should be a big success.

Oh wait.

Maybe not.

Someone phlueeze shake my hand.. the camera's are rolling...

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Another cool pic...

Erupting Volcano Anak Krakatau

-The Gipper

I don't know how old this one is but it's still weird.

Albert Einstein

Now stand about 15 feet away and it’s:

Marilyn Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Someone phlueeze shake my hand.. the camera's are rolling...

This gutless sh!tsack commands "0" respect. Our commander in wimp.