Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

The protest deal in NY http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...the-99/246297/

I can understand some of her points...about feeling terrified.
    Something these folks need to temper the terror with the reality they are indeed living in one of the most expensive places on earth. Id feel terrified as well with NYC rent costs and the general cost of living there.
    Its an old lesson some of us learned...that if jobs arent available closeby?
    Smart man goes where jobs exist. Its a choice.
    Another complaint we read is the costs of repaying student loans. Well?
    Ive yet to see anyone sign off on a student loan with a gun pointed at their heads. Again..it was a choice.
    Perhaps folks should focus more on how to improve theur marketability on the job market and less on a pointless crtiique of capitalism. IMO

You know? It would be cheaper for the government to pay the first 25,000 in wages to any company hiring one of the unemployed 14 million folks. Now thats what Id call a true Jobs Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    You know? It would be cheaper for the government to pay the first 25,000 in wages to any company hiring one of the unemployed 14 million folks. Now thats what Id call a true Jobs Bill.
    How would that get money into the union coffers? Lord knows when most people have a choice they choose to not pay the unions.. go figure.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^so true huh? Really...when you take all the political motivations out of the issue? Whats left is getting people to work now. Since we arent building any Merrit Parkways in NY or CT (WPA Projects) why not let companies determine their own? What can be more simple than incentivizing employers in a straitforward way? We get an almost immediate bang for the buck and the administration would be fairly simple.
    But nooo...its too simple.
    LOL...Ill need to email Nuke from here and revive my run for President lol.

Nice to see the long arm of the law catch up with this weasel in a woodpile. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...ng-conviction/

Maybe hell enjoy a wine tasting at Chataeu D'if when all is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    ^^^so true huh? Really...when you take all the political motivations out of the issue? Whats left is getting people to work now. Since we arent building any Merrit Parkways in NY or CT (WPA Projects) why not let companies determine their own? What can be more simple than incentivizing employers in a straitforward way? We get an almost immediate bang for the buck and the administration would be fairly simple.
    But nooo...its too simple.
    LOL...Ill need to email Nuke from here and revive my run for President lol.
    I hear Obama flogging his "jobs bill" and it makes me sick to think anyone really thinks it'll do diddly sqwat -or- that it's "paid for". In his speech yesterday he was asking.. what is the repuggies plan? I'd love to see just one repuggie say the following as a plan:

1) Repeal Obamacare
    2) Repeal Dodd Fwank
    3) Moratorium on all regulations.

Then we could get on with shrinking the gubberment, balancing the books and reducing the debt & deficit.

Crazy plan eh?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I hear Obama flogging his "jobs bill" and it makes me sick to think anyone really thinks it'll do diddly sqwat...
    And he's making up stories to sell it. You'd think that at least, the very least, he could come up with honest tear jerkers...
    President Obama spun a work of creative nonfiction yesterday in his latest pitch for his jobs plan, fudging the facts of a Boston schoolteacher’s White House visit as he cast the man as a poster boy for the hot-button bill.

“I had a chance to meet a young man named Robert Baroz,” the president said at a midday news conference. “He’s got two decades of teaching experience. He’s got a master’s degree. He’s got an outstanding track record of helping his students make huge gains in reading and writing. In the last few years, he’s received three pink slips because of budget cuts. Why wouldn’t we want to pass a bill that puts somebody like Robert back in the classroom teaching our kids?”

Two problems: Obama never met Baroz. And Baroz remains happily employed.
    Even more pathetic...
    Baroz, who supports Obama and his efforts to restore the public sector, told the Herald yesterday he doesn’t mind if the president — or his speechwriters — took some liberties with the facts. It was all in aid of a higher truth, he said.

“People who want to fuss over the word choice are missing the point. It’s about our investing in education and in communities,” Baroz said. “It was technically correct; yes, I did lose my position three times within four years in the Boston Public Schools. To me, the question he posed to the people was a rhetorical question. The emphasis was on ‘like Robert.’ It’s people who are like me, highly qualified, and are not working. That’s the spirit of it.”
    And to be clear, getting "pink slipped" as a teacher doesn't mean you lost your job. Laws require schools to pink slip anyone who might lose their job due to budget cuts, so its not unusual for lots of teachers to get pink slipped without losing their job. Its an annual ritual in my wife's school district. Every year a number of the teachers on the lower side of the seniority scale get a pink slip, cry about losing their job and show up again, never missing a paycheck.

I don't believe this guy actually lost his job three times in four years. Higher truth and all that bulldung.

This stretching of truth and outright prevaricating has got to catch up to the post turtle sooner or later. He's made a habit of it.

h/t Ace

LOL...this one is great. They should add: Stupidity by Darwin http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...rporations.php

So we should support slavery because it was slave labor that was largely responsible for the industrial revolution.
    Can we sentence a corporation to life in prison or death when they make decisions that cost lives? Unless you can hold a corporation NOT IT'S EMPLOYEES to the same penalties and consequences under the law as people, than you shouldn't hold corporations to the same rights and privileges as people.

And Scoot, that liberal arts major skit would have been funny if the girl in the lower photo would have learned to spell the name of the subject that she was studying

But I know it's funny that Wall Street f*cked us in '08, and that's all just under the bridge because corporations are people and people make mistakes right?
    I knew not to expect anything less. Left wing protesters are a bunch of hippies who need to grow up and get jobs, and right wing protesters are well minded, responsible adults

I just wonder if you guys will be laughing when the protests turn to riots.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    So we should support slavery because it was slave labor that was largely responsible for the industrial revolution.
    I coulda swore it was things like transportation, electricity, machines and factories. Slavery largely responsible?

Can we sentence a corporation to life in prison or death when they make decisions that cost lives? Unless you can hold a corporation NOT IT'S EMPLOYEES to the same penalties and consequences under the law as people, than you shouldn't hold corporations to the same rights and privileges as people.
    Except the supreme court disagrees. Not that I'm a fan of all their decisions but there it is. Can you hold a union to that same standard? I'm not seeing many complaints there.

And Scoot, that liberal arts major skit would have been funny if the girl in the lower photo would have learned to spell the name of the subject that she was studying
    Because it's the grammar not the message we should be focusing on. Wanna take a tour of the signs those protesters are carrying?

But I know it's funny that Wall Street f*cked us in '08, and that's all just under the bridge because corporations are people and people make mistakes right?
    I coulda swore it was Fannie and Freddie under the direct supervision of apparently clueless (D)emorats that started the mess. BTW.. Fan & Fred are still f*cking uus to the tune of billion$ a year.

I knew not to expect anything less. Left wing protesters are a bunch of hippies who need to grow up and get jobs, and right wing protesters are well minded, responsible adults
    Sure seems that way. At least the TP had a pretty unified message. The dirty hippies massing on WS seem pretty lacking in this department.

We're quite familiar with and accustomed to the common practices of unions.

-The Gipper

^ Damm Scoot, don't you know yer history there son?

Of course it was Slavery that was responsible for the Industrial Revolution.

Ya see, back in the day the slaves built the wooden covered wagons and even pulled them - paddled the boats up and down the mighty mississippi and so forth. Then, becasue it was so inefficient some dude named Robert Fulton invented steam powered boats for the river.

And some dudes in the UK built steam powered locomotives and railways - now that worked so good compared to the slaves hauling stuff around that some Libberal dudes from the US northeast with money (might have been early Sopranos) brought the railroad technology over here to the US and even improved upon it. And a whole bunch of immigrants form China felt bad for the slaves, so they built the railway system largely by hand just to give them a break.

And then another dude named Henry Ford (also felt bad for the slaves) figured out how to mass produce motor cars so everyone could have one of their very own.

And finally, some dudes in Hollywood hired Morgan Freeman to drive Miss Daisey around in one........

Hope this helps.

I coulda swore it was things like transportation, electricity, machines and factories. Slavery largely responsible?
    Ok, I should have rephrased that to slave labor.... my bad.
    Except the supreme court disagrees. Not that I'm a fan of all their decisions but there it is. Can you hold a union to that same standard? I'm not seeing many complaints there.
    I don't share your animosity towards unions, but when has anyone said that a Union should be granted the same rights as a private citizen?
    I personally think that granting any private organization the same rights as private citizens (corporate or union) is a bad idea.

Because it's the grammar not the message we should be focusing on. Wanna take a tour of the signs those protesters are carrying?
    Only if you take a tour of the tea party signs.
    I coulda swore it was Fannie and Freddie under the direct supervision of apparently clueless (D)emorats that started the mess. BTW.. Fan & Fred are still f*cking uus to the tune of billion$ a year.
    So like a typical conservative, you would hold the government responsible not the greeeeedy corporations because corporations obviously cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Politicians on both sides of the fence are bought, not just democrats. And I coulda swore Goldman Sachs, and AIG were in on this too. And the USSCBHUA under republican control that killed two bills to increase federal oversight of Fannie and Freddie.

It is worth noting that both bills were sponsored by republicans too....

Sure seems that way. At least the TP had a pretty unified message. The dirty hippies massing on WS seem pretty lacking in this department.
    Well the hippies have only been protesting for about 2 weeks and they have made their declarations. And the TP wasn't all that organized when they started out....Whether they are today is another discussion.

We're quite familiar with and accustomed to the common practices of unions.

And we're quite familiar with the common practices of greedy corporations.

But seriously, there is plenty of blame to go around. The fact is that the 99% can't afford to buy politicians lobbyists to make laws to suit us. That is the real problem. I'm not sure what is going to come of these protests. I hope it's something good, but my gut tells me that it's something bad.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 10-07-2011 at 08:43 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

To some extent it already has turned to riots and violence. The union dudes are good at that kind of stuff.

Actually I would be a little disappointed if there weren’t riots, violence, Molotov cocktails and bombs. I mean what’s a far left demonstration without all those things. If you weren’t around in the 60s and 70s use London as an example.

But heck you keep on worrying about those right wing religious Nazi terrorists in the Tea Party.

^Because every riot in history is due to far left wingers

The violence I have seen at this point is coming from the police.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^ Damm Scoot, don't you know yer history there son?

Of course it was Slavery that was responsible for the Industrial Revolution.

Ya see, back in the day the slaves built the wooden covered wagons and even pulled them - paddled the boats up and down the mighty mississippi and so forth. Then, becasue it was so inefficient some dude named Robert Fulton invented steam powered boats for the river.

And some dudes in the UK built steam powered locomotives and railways - now that worked so good compared to the slaves hauling stuff around that some Libberal dudes from the US northeast with money (might have been early Sopranos) brought the railroad technology over here to the US and even improved upon it. And a whole bunch of immigrants form China felt bad for the slaves, so they built the railway system largely by hand just to give them a break.

And then another dude named Henry Ford (also felt bad for the slaves) figured out how to mass produce motor cars so everyone could have one of their very own.

And finally, some dudes in Hollywood hired Morgan Freeman to drive Miss Daisey around in one........

Hope this helps.
    You're only half right here Steve. You forgot that all of the above was accomplished with "Green Energy" loans. Hello! Do you really think Henry Ford could've started his car company out without large, free loans from the US government? You're history is slacking. I can look up some liberal "professors" that can help you in this department though.