Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    I love how the MSM isnt pointing out differences between these scumbag wall street thugs and the Tea party activists. The Tea party folks are respectful of property and are orderly plus they clean up after themselves and the anti- wall street lefties are filthy scum that destroy everything they encounter.
    Funny. I don't see any pics of these demonstrators utilizing their constitutional rights bringing guns to the discussion. Nor do I see them demonstrating against the Tea Party. A real grass roots beginning might be scary and disorganized, but to spout off this diatribe? Not funny.

Audio Slideshow: Comedian Lewis Black At Occupy Wall Street

Or how about this little outrage orchestrated by an editor of a right wing media concern...

The 'agent provocateur' who infiltrated Occupy Wall Street

Among the protesters pepper-sprayed while storming a D.C. museum this weekend was a conservative aiming to "mock and undermine" the movement

posted on October 10, 2011, at 10:24 AM

Conservative journalist Patrick Howley tried to undermine the Occupy Wall Street movement Saturday, and caused unnecessary violence in the process, according to critics. Photo: The American Spectator SEE ALL 8 PHOTOS

Best Opinion: Firedoglake, Slate, ThinkProgress
    The Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., was shut down Saturday after a crowd of protesters showed up to voice their opposition to U.S. drone strikes. The march was organized by an antiwar group called October 11, but was quickly joined by some members of the Occupy Wall Street offshoot Occupy D.C. Ten or so protesters tried to force their way past security and were pepper-sprayed in return. One was Patrick Howley, an editor at the conservative magazine The American Spectator, who shoved his way into the museum even after being pepper-sprayed. "As far as anyone knew I was part of this cause — a cause that I had infiltrated the day before in order to mock and undermine [it] in the pages of The American Spectator," Howley says in his (since-modified) article. Did he step beyond the bounds of journalism?
    Yes. Blame Howley for the weekend's violence: Howley's obvious attempt to discredit the Occupy movement wasn't victimless, says Charlie Grapski at Firedoglake. Without his instigation, innocent tourists and bystanders probably wouldn't have been maced. And the peaceful Occupiers in New York, D.C., and elsewhere don't deserve the bad press. The "admitted activities of this self-proclaimed agent provocateur should be brought to the attention of federal law enforcement officials."
    "American Spectator editor admits to being agent provocateur..."
    No. This is the protesters' fault, not Howley's: This journalist didn't egg on the protesters, says David Weigel at Slate. He simply "stumbled upon conservative media gold." The fringe anti-war October 11 movement is trying to steal the thunder of the booming Occupy protests. "What does a protest of drones have to do with a new populist protest of income disparity and bank deregulation?" Nothing, of course. But the "ineffective, camera-hungry" bunch at October 11 "have it in them to wreck the image of the new [Occupy] movement." All "Howley did was notice" and report on it.
    "The Battle of the Air and Space Museum"
    Regardless, this is activism, not journalism: "The evidence doesn't seem to show that Howley incited protesters to do anything they weren't already primed to do," says Ali Gharib at ThinkProgress. But his self-professed attempt to undermine the Occupy Wall Street movement — "leading the charge of protesters," then mocking them for not following him — simply isn't journalism.
    "Conservative writer admits 'infiltrating' 99 Percent Movement..."
    Now that's a rolleyes...

edit: It even gets better...
    But Howley’s participation wasn’t cited in Saturday’s major media accounts of demonstration at the Smithsonian museum, which attracted significant coverage because of the protesters’ links to Occupy Wall Street. (The October 2011 group — also variously called Stop the Machine — had organized an anti-war rally Thursday that morphed into an Occupy Wall Street event.) He maintains that his involvement was for “journalistic purposes,” though the move seems more reminiscent of provocateur James O’Keefe than the conservative coverage of Occupy Wall Street so far.
    *Update: This post has been updated to clarify who was involved in the pepper-spray incident. The American Spectator also appears to have taken down the story, which is no longer available online. I have contacted both Howley and the Spectator’s editor-in-chief for comment. You can read the full text of Howley’s original story here.
    *Second Update: Howley’s original story is still not available online. However, a second, edited version has been posted in the blogs section of the Spectator’s website. There are changes to Howley’s narrative, but it retains his claim to have been the sole member of the group to enter the museum itself: “They lack the nerve to confront authority. From estimates within the protest, only ten people were pepper-sprayed, and as far as I could tell I was the only one who got inside the museum.”
    Last edited by otoc; 10-10-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: skimwords suck... :(
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Ten or so protesters tried to force their way past security and were pepper-sprayed in return. One was Patrick Howley...
    We have a gotcha!!!

Yeah, the other nine or so were probably Tea Party grandmas... who shit on cop cars because they left their guns at home.

Pick out the one grain of sand, elevate him to "agent provocateur", and excuse the rest.

Standard issue... especially after claiming the La Rouche folks were Tea Party folks and making a stink out of, oh my, exposed weapons. [insert laugh track here]

Edit: WTF is "shopping link provided by skimwords"? Embedded forum trolls?
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 10-10-2011 at 12:59 PM.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    We have a gotcha!!!

Yeah, the other nine or so were probably Tea Party grandmas... who shit on cop cars because they left their guns at home.

Pick out the one grain of sand, elevate him to "agent provocateur", and excuse the rest.

Standard issue... especially after claiming the La Rouche folks were Tea Party folks and making a stink out of, oh my, exposed weapons. [insert laugh track here]

Edit: WTF is "shopping link provided by skimwords"? Embedded forum trolls?
    I saw that before...sheesh...odd words to pick out to advertise with skimwords..

^^^ What, you aren't in the market for a provocateur?

I think I'll run down to Lowes this afternoon and look for one in the agent aisle.

^^^lol...really I was surprised to see them used in a member post. Stuff written by staff...I get that...but not in member posts.

Funny. I don't see any pics of these demonstrators utilizing their constitutional rights bringing guns to the discussion.
    From what I have seen of these Occupy wall street scumbags is the fact most of them likely dont qualify to lawfully carry firearms. Most people who lawfully carry guns don't crap on sidewalks or cop cars or in public at all for that matter. Nice failed try at spinning the issue though !

I suppose you want a kiss too ?

as it says below: Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong
    Because asking Wall st Tycoons and other corporations to be held responsible for their crimes would be defined as such.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

From what I have seen of these Occupy wall street scumbags is the fact most of them likely dont qualify to lawfully carry firearms. Most people who lawfully carry guns don't crap on sidewalks or cop cars or in public at all for that matter. Nice failed try at spinning the issue though !
    Lol right, spin. As you call them scumbags, generalize with poop, while ignoring an example of a wingnut looking to make a story for American spectator when there was none.

So the TP is ok but occupy wallstreet individuals are pooping scumbags.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    So the TP is ok but occupy wallstreet individuals are pooping scumbags.

You've got the general opinion right...

Most of them look like they were recruited at the local midnight mission.
    Last edited by tucker; 10-10-2011 at 04:35 PM.

I dont know exactly what is driving the activity at TLR recently...or the composition of visitors...bots or humans...but its still good to see 50-70 folks visiting the forum.

Nice to see ya around Jimz
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    You've got the general opinion right...
    But it's not the public opinion....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...views-economy/

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

How many Tea Party protesters have been arrested?
    asrock x370 taichi,16g gskill flarex3200 wd250mu 3wdblack 1 tera
    Asrock 990FX FX8120 8G Gskill 2133 2x WD2T 6.0 pc p+c 950w
    Asrock 890FX 1090t 2x4 Gskill 1866 RipJaw WD 1T 6.0 mushkin 850w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 8 Gskill RipJaw 1866 WD1T 6.0 ocz 750 w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 2x4 Gskill Rip Jaw 1600 Ocz evo720
    DFI 790FXB M2RSH PII 955 2x1Gskill 1600 Saph 4670 Ocz Evo 720W
    DFI 790FXM2RS PII 720 2x1gig Gskill 1600 Sapphire HD3400
    DFI Lp ultra D SLI Opti 148@300x10 @33c 1 gig Crucial ballistix 4000